British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   UK, Ireland and Europe Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/uk-ireland-europe-jobs-166/)
-   -   Shortage of Nurses (https://britishexpats.com/forum/uk-ireland-europe-jobs-166/shortage-nurses-636410/)

BrendonE Oct 19th 2009 4:03 am

Shortage of Nurses

I have been in Australia now for 4 years and just love it. I work for a recruitment company and there are positions for Nurses across all States if you have experience in mental health, midwifery, theatres & have ICU post graduate qualifications and experience. Registration with a Nurses Board in any State is advantageous. Send me your details and I can see if we can assist you in any way. Adele

annep Oct 19th 2009 2:24 pm

Re: Shortage of Nurses

Hi
Could you tell me what chance I would have of getting a ENS for Victoria ? I'm an RMN with 8+ years experience, currently working in a remand prison. We are looking to move to the Geelong area at the moment.
Anne

tiredwithtwins Oct 19th 2009 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by BrendonE (Post 8026995)
I have been in Australia now for 4 years and just love it. I work for a recruitment company and there are positions for Nurses across all States if you have experience in mental health, midwifery, theatres & have ICU post graduate qualifications and experience. Registration with a Nurses Board in any State is advantageous. Send me your details and I can see if we can assist you in any way. Adele

Hi Adele,
Im an rgn with 18+ years general experience in a variety of critical care areas. no post grad qualifications though.
my recent experience is in general/hepatobiliary surgery, and diagnostic imaging/radiology; ultrasound/ct/mri/fluoroscopy/nuclear medicine/endoscopy/angio. anything along those lines in/around adelaide?
cheers
sue

BrendonE Oct 20th 2009 2:03 am

Originally Posted by annep (Post 8027980)
Hi
Could you tell me what chance I would have of getting a ENS for Victoria ? I'm an RMN with 8+ years experience, currently working in a remand prison. We are looking to move to the Geelong area at the moment.
Anne

At the moment ENS is only happening in the rural areas, however, send us your cv to [email protected] and we will see what we can do for you.

BrendonE Oct 20th 2009 2:05 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 8028687)
Hi Adele,
Im an rgn with 18+ years general experience in a variety of critical care areas. no post grad qualifications though.
my recent experience is in general/hepatobiliary surgery, and diagnostic imaging/radiology; ultrasound/ct/mri/fluoroscopy/nuclear medicine/endoscopy/angio. anything along those lines in/around adelaide?
cheers
sue

send your details and we can look at Adelaide for you. Send it to [email protected]

shirlw Oct 21st 2009 11:10 am

Thank you BrendonE for taking the time to post on this site.I am sure that you will receive a huge response from this nurses thread.

In my case,I would not be ready to take up any jobs until we have sold up here so would not want to waste anyones time.However I am a qualified midwife and am currently registered with QNC as a General Nurse(midwifery endorsement pending)and we have a business visa already.Do you ever get many opportunities for midwives in the Sunshine Coast area?

Many thanks

BrendonE Oct 21st 2009 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by shirlw (Post 8033184)
Thank you BrendonE for taking the time to post on this site.I am sure that you will receive a huge response from this nurses thread.

In my case,I would not be ready to take up any jobs until we have sold up here so would not want to waste anyones time.However I am a qualified midwife and am currently registered with QNC as a General Nurse(midwifery endorsement pending)and we have a business visa already.Do you ever get many opportunities for midwives in the Sunshine Coast area?

Many thanks

Definitely, they are in demand everywhere. Send your cv to [email protected] and we can have a look what is available for you. We are a personalised agency and you would not be wasting our time. The Sunshine Coast is a great area to live in and the beaches and scenery up there are wonderful. Also it is only about 1½ hours from Brisbane. Definitely a great lifestyle choice!

shirlw Oct 21st 2009 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by BrendonE (Post 8033389)
Definitely, they are in demand everywhere. Send your cv to [email protected] and we can have a look what is available for you. We are a personalised agency and you would not be wasting our time. The Sunshine Coast is a great area to live in and the beaches and scenery up there are wonderful. Also it is only about 1½ hours from Brisbane. Definitely a great lifestyle choice!

Thank you Brandon I have just sent off my CV to her!

carlalesemily Oct 21st 2009 5:10 pm

hi adele

i am a rgn with two years experience, i have worked in ortho scrub and in recovery, is there many jobs around the gold coast area.

thanks

carla

BrendonE Oct 22nd 2009 1:28 am

Originally Posted by shirlw (Post 8033834)
Thank you Brandon I have just sent off my CV to her!

Hi Shirl

Brendon is my husband, I am Adele his wife. I haven't received it yet, did you send it to [email protected] or [email protected], any one of them is fine.

BrendonE Oct 22nd 2009 1:31 am

Originally Posted by carlalesemily (Post 8034012)
hi adele

i am a rgn with two years experience, i have worked in ortho scrub and in recovery, is there many jobs around the gold coast area.

thanks

carla

Hi Carla

There are jobs but it helps if you are registered with the Queensland Nurses Board. Send your CV and I can have a look for you, when are you wanting to move to Queensland? Email me on [email protected]

shirlw Oct 22nd 2009 6:17 am

Originally Posted by BrendonE (Post 8035187)
Hi Shirl

Brendon is my husband, I am Adele his wife. I haven't received it yet, did you send it to [email protected] or [email protected], any one of them is fine.

Yes I just checked my mail and I see it has not been sent,I will resend now.
Sorry for my blonde moment but the Brendon and Adele names did not register!

tiredwithtwins Oct 29th 2009 10:41 am

Originally Posted by BrendonE (Post 8029335)
send your details and we can look at Adelaide for you. Send it to [email protected]

Hi, thanks for that, but we are nowhere near ready to send off cv's as we havent even started the process yet - looking at being over there in about 9-12 months time.
will def send my cv to you nearer the time though, thanks :thumbup:

BrendonE Oct 29th 2009 11:57 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 8054177)
Hi, thanks for that, but we are nowhere near ready to send off cv's as we havent even started the process yet - looking at being over there in about 9-12 months time.
will def send my cv to you nearer the time though, thanks :thumbup:

No worries, good luck with the whole process and we will be here when you are ready.

zakuro Nov 13th 2009 1:27 pm

Hi Brendon, very excited to see your post. I have only one year ICU experience and looking to move to NSW soon. Is there a chance I could find a critical care job in the area? Thanks!!!