Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > UK, Ireland and Europe Jobs
Reload this Page >

Seville-Based English Publication

Seville-Based English Publication

Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:20 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seville-Based English Publication

A Seville edition of a successful English language magazine/newspaper in Spain is due to be launched imminently.

There are a number of roles available, some paid, some voluntary unpaid.

If you've ever wanted to work in the media world, this could be your chance as many posts don't require previous experience. We are more interested in the person and what they have to say.

The publication is aimed at 20-somethings to 40-somethings, expats and visitors alike. This is not the type of paper found on the coasts giving local news in English where it is assumed the expat doesn't have the level of Spanish to read the local press. This is more for non-Spanish people living in the city, integrated or looking to integrate into the city life. It is also aimed
at visitors to the city to provide information on what to do and what events are on in the coming month.

What we need:

Sales (paid);
previous experience an advantage, Seville-based, Spanish essential.

Designer (paid);
knowledge of design programs such as Freehand, Quark etc essential, Seville-based, Spanish not essential.

Writers (paid & unpaid, depending on experience);
previous experience not essential, knowledge of Spanish not essential but could prove helpful, knowledge of Seville a plus (but not a must), doesn't necessarily have to be based in Seville as some articles we intend to publish will be generic but experience of living in Spain is a must

Interested parties should contact me by PM - no need to include CV at this stage just give a brief recap of your experience, where you're based and what role you're interested in.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:34 am
Fiona Flores Watson

fififlores is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seville-Based English Publication

I'm a freelance journalist based in Seville. I write for the Sunday Times, FT, Spain magazine and others, about tourism - hotels, restaurants, travel; living here as an expat; society, art, religion... pretty much everything.

Can you tell me more about the publication, and rates?

I can PM you my CV and contact details if you want.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:38 am
Fiona Flores Watson

fififlores is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seville-Based English Publication

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
A Seville edition of a successful English language magazine/newspaper in Spain is due to be launched imminently.

There are a number of roles available, some paid, some voluntary unpaid.

If you've ever wanted to work in the media world, this could be your chance as many posts don't require previous experience. We are more interested in the person and what they have to say.

The publication is aimed at 20-somethings to 40-somethings, expats and visitors alike. This is not the type of paper found on the coasts giving local news in English where it is assumed the expat doesn't have the level of Spanish to read the local press. This is more for non-Spanish people living in the city, integrated or looking to integrate into the city life. It is also aimed
at visitors to the city to provide information on what to do and what events are on in the coming month.

What we need:

Sales (paid);
previous experience an advantage, Seville-based, Spanish essential.

Designer (paid);
knowledge of design programs such as Freehand, Quark etc essential, Seville-based, Spanish not essential.

Writers (paid & unpaid, depending on experience);
previous experience not essential, knowledge of Spanish not essential but could prove helpful, knowledge of Seville a plus (but not a must), doesn't necessarily have to be based in Seville as some articles we intend to publish will be generic but experience of living in Spain is a must

Interested parties should contact me by PM - no need to include CV at this stage just give a brief recap of your experience, where you're based and what role you're interested in.
I can't PM yet as haven't been on for the forum for 24 hours, but I'm interested. I'm a Seville-based writer, and would be up for paid work.