Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > UK, Ireland and Europe Jobs
Reload this Page >

Handy person/Builder required in France

Handy person/Builder required in France

Old Jan 17th 2022, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

NekoFrance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Handy person/Builder required in France

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can help me complete my house renovation in France. 81140 Vaour, Tarn area. Jobs - basic plastering, fitting a kitchen and sink, building carcasses, blockwork, installing insulation and the like. Would maybe suit someone who is retired but good at DIY or a building company that takes on small jobs. Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2022, 7:04 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Handy person/Builder required in France

Originally Posted by NekoFrance
Hi, I'm looking for someone who can help me complete my house renovation in France. 81140 Vaour, Tarn area. Jobs - basic plastering, fitting a kitchen and sink, building carcasses, blockwork, installing insulation and the like. Would maybe suit someone who is retired but good at DIY or a building company that takes on small jobs. Thanks
Hi from neighbouring Hérault! Be aware that whoever you find for these "small jobs" must be registered, not only for Insurance purposes (accidents and guarantee), but, for electricity and plumbing in particular, a professional must sign off the work. Plumbing and electricity norms are different in France and an English-qualified artisan may not know them and, unless retrained and registered, wouldn't be able to sign off and give a guarantee.
Gone is the day of working on the black and none of the jobs mentioned ("travaux de rénovation de l'habitat") can be paid via the CESU system. Funnily enough, the first two results of a search for "Entrepreneurs" near Vaour in les Pages Jaunes were two English names! (Make sure they have a SIRET number!).
HTH
Old Jan 18th 2022, 8:00 am
Just Joined

NekoFrance is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning HTH, thank you for taking the time to highlight some possible issues and things to watch out for. Thank you for your help. Take care and best wishes, Neko
Old Jan 18th 2022, 12:26 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NekoFrance
Good morning HTH, thank you for taking the time to highlight some possible issues and things to watch out for. Thank you for your help. Take care and best wishes, Neko
You're welcome! And as an aside, HTH aren't my initials, but Hope This Helps in forum language!