British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   UK, Ireland and Europe Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/uk-ireland-europe-jobs-166/)
-   -   Caretaker Couple require for Gite Complex in the Loire region France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/uk-ireland-europe-jobs-166/caretaker-couple-require-gite-complex-loire-region-france-886988/)

nicktimms Nov 4th 2016 2:13 pm

Caretaker Couple require for Gite Complex in the Loire region France

2 Attachment(s)
Couple required for live-in caretaker role at La Vieille Ferme gite complex.

La Vieille Ferme in a gite complex in the Loire region of France, consisting of five high quality three bedroom gites that are available to rent all year round. The property is set on the edge of a small village with views of the countryside. The plot is around 1 hectare with a covered heated pool on site that and other shared guest facilities.
The role entails:
- Welcoming guests upon arrival
- Helping guests with local knowledge and recommendations
- Cleaning and preparing accommodation during changeovers
- Laundering bed linens and towels
- Maintaining the site – pool cleaning system, gardening, potentially minor repairs etc.

The role is to live on site for 48 weeks as the site will be open for bookings all year. The site is expected to be fully booked for around 10-14 weeks per year including the peak of summer, Easter and Christmas/New Year. Booking throughout the remainder of the year will be more sporadic.
Accommodation is provided on site with an en-suite room adjoining the other gites (with separate entrance) that includes some basic kitchen facilities and good quality bathroom. It is expected that this will be used when the gites are fully booked and when available the gites can be used.

Desired attributes/skills:
- French and English language
- Customer service
- DIY
- Cleaning/domestic
- Driving License

La Vieille Ferme is at the top end of the gite complex market with a base of repeat customers and an excellent reputation (evident through TripAdvisor feedback). Under a new star rating scheme from Gite De France in 2017 we are looking to achieve the highest 5 star rating. We are seeking to maintain and go on to improve the quality of both the site and the service for guests and the caretaker role is absolutely pivotal to achieving this.
We are therefore looking for a couple who have the enthusiasm and dedication to achieve exceptional standards which will entail a lot of hard work in the peak times and a wide range of skills. We expect that in return you will enjoy an idyllic French countryside lifestyle, where your accommodation is included (in beautifully renovated gites) and a small salary on top. We hope you will enjoy the satisfaction of delivering a quality holiday service and enjoy having a more relaxed and laid-back lifestyle during the quieter months

Parkhurst022 Nov 14th 2016 7:38 pm

Re: Caretaker Couple require for Gite Complex in the Loire region France

Hi good evening we are interested to your job offer Here our mobile number <snip> if you are still interested thanks

christmasoompa Nov 15th 2016 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Parkhurst022 (Post 12104887)
Hi good evening we are interested to your job offer Here our mobile number <snip> if you are still interested thanks

Hi, I've removed your telephone number, we ask that you don't put any personal info on BE as it's a public forum so it'll get picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there!

The OP can contact you via the forum if they wish.

:)

Parkhurst022 Nov 15th 2016 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12105406)
Hi, I've removed your telephone number, we ask that you don't put any personal info on BE as it's a public forum so it'll get picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there!

The OP can contact you via the forum if they wish.

:)

Yeah thanks

nicktimms Nov 17th 2016 2:22 pm

Hi, thanks for your interest. Please could you email me with CV's/some more information about yourselves and I can provide more information on the job role. My email is <snip>

christmasoompa Nov 17th 2016 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by nicktimms (Post 12107516)
Hi, thanks for your interest. Please could you email me with CV's/some more information about yourselves and I can provide more information on the job role. My email is <snip>

As above, please don't put personal info on the forums! BE is a public forum, which means everybody can see it, including spambots etc.

Parkhurst022 can email you via the forum without you having to reveal your personal email address if you have enabled that option, they can just click on your username and send an email that way (and vice versa).

HTH.

Sandra and Ruud Jan 10th 2017 6:20 pm

Hi,

We are Sandra and Ruud,
We are living and working in France since 2016. We have been working there as a management couple for 2 organisations. It was working hard during the season, but when we look back we are very satisfied.
Therefore we are looking for work as a management couple for the season 2017.
For example gites, chambre d'hotes, from camping till luxury villa park.

Our experience in France:
Managing of a camping for a Dutch organisation ( 22 lodgetents, 35 mobile homes).
Activities: cleaning, small maitainence, reception, planning, receiving guests.

Managing couple on a luxury villa park for a big organisation (43 villa's).
Activities:
Receiving, in- and outcheck guests, being a contact point for the customers (24/7)
Keeping active contact with the owners and the headquarter.
Checking the villa's and if neccesary doing small maintanence ourselves.
Controlling the cleaningteam, swimmingpoolmaintainence, gardeners.
Doing the administration.

If you are still looking for candidates we like to sent you our cv's for more information.

Regards,
Sandra Maarhuis and Ruud Bausewein