Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Expat teachers near luleburgaz

Expat teachers near luleburgaz

Old May 3rd 2018, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Hana.husan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat teachers near luleburgaz

Hi , my 1st thread on here. I am hoping to move near to Luleburgaz with my Turkish husband and 3 children. I currently home school In the UK and would be looking at hiring English and maths (and maybe science) tutors on a weekly basis. Anybody know anybody - for a 7 and 15 year old ( 15 year old is sen ).and roughly how much the cost would be ( id want the lessons to be in English speaking and be at their ability level and not necessarily what they 'should ' be learning iykwim )
Also are there any ex pat groups in or near luleburgaz?
My husband wants to register the kids as Turkish, what would the cons of doing this be? I know home schooling isn't allowed for Turkish citizens. If i eventually become a Turkish citizen do I lose my British citizenship and if I were to move back what issues could arise?
Does anyone know how much it roughly costs to bring a lorry through customs with our house hold things incl fridge tv electrical things
Sorry alot of questions
Old May 3rd 2018, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat teachers near luleburgaz

Very small foreign population in that town. When you say that your husband wants to register the children as Turkish, do you mean in terms of citizenship ? If they are males they would then be liable for military service. You will not lose your British citizenship as far as I know.

Chances of finding English tuition in the maths and sciences are slim I would say.

My knowledge comes from frequent visits to Istanbul from my home base just over the border in Bulgaria. I am a Bulgarophile so not expect me to praise Turkey !
Old May 4th 2018, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Hana.husan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thankyou for replying.

Bulgaria isn't too far from where we'll be living.

yes my husband wants to register them as Turkish . I don't want my son to be as I don't want him to have to do national service or have to go to school. My reason I homeschool him is because he has high functioning autism and other needs.

as I'm married to a Turk will it be easier for me to get a permanent visa?

we own a property in Turkey already and want to move into it

we will visit Istanbul at least once a month so can always join any expat meet ups ? Could look up some tutors in the area of Istanbul- even once or twice a month is better than nothing right.
Old May 7th 2018, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no choice about Citizenship Your son is a Turkish crtizen whether he wants to be or not. He WILL be liable for military service when his time comes. He can avoid that burden bu living outside Turkey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_Turkey
Old Jul 17th 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you want to register your children as Turkish if you do not have to?