Tax

Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax

We are British expats currently living and working in the Middle East and our earnings are currently tax free We may be required to move to Turkey for a 2 year project but know very little about the Country regards taxation. Can anyone help with some general info on taxation of expats please?
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:57 am
Just Joined

belgarath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax

The income earned in Turkey will be taxable. Your foreign income is not taxed by the Turkish government.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Trance Omega is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are working in a liaison office then your earnings will be tax free otherwise you will be paying tax like everyone else. This you would need to check first and see what the status of your office is. If its an "irtibat burosu" then you are tax free.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

miramar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by belgarath
The income earned in Turkey will be taxable. Your foreign income is not taxed by the Turkish government.
what about pension income? Both government and private pensions? thanks,

miramar
Old Jun 10th 2013, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Milliemars is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miramar
what about pension income? Both government and private pensions? thanks,

miramar
My husband does not pay Tax on his private pension from UK. Goverment pension I believe is the same,you will still have to pay tax if your pension is from NHS,Local Goverment etc etc.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 4:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to research what the taxation agreements are between Turkey and the UK. In some countried there are dual taxation treatys. That means normally that you shouls pay tax in the country of habitual residence, but that you dont pay tax twice. That would normally mean that as a foreign resident you would pay tax on your worldwide income .... excpeting (at the moment) government pensions which are soley taxed in the UK.

Have a look at this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxtreaties/i...turkey-dtc.pdf
Old Jun 19th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

daisyman1951 will become famous soon enough

Ok I have read that with regards to Pensions, so UK pensions would be taxed only in Turkey if that's where you are resident. Can anyone tell me if there is a personal tax free allowance in Turkey please?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Milliemars is an unknown quantity at this point

Turkey does not tax pensions,not sure what personal allowances if any.