Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Possible move soon

Possible move soon

Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Possible move soon

I am new to the Turkey section. I am thinking of relocating from the Philippines to Turkey, particularly the West coast around Antalya or Alanya area. I am 62 years old with investments that pay my way until I get my Norwegian pension in 5 years time. I have a few questions
1. What is the best type/way of acquiring a visa to stay in Turkey
2. Can Brits own a flat/apartment
3. What could my monthly expenditure expected to be excluding a car.
4. Best bank account to get to ease transfers from the UK

I will of course think of more as soon as I hit "Submit", but any help with the above would be a great help
Old Mar 31st 2017, 10:46 am
Just Joined

James the Turk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Possible move soon

Hello Stokkevn ıt is nice to see that you are moving to Soutwest Coast Turkiye
For your questions
1- Residence visa would be good if you are planning to stay more than 90 days but please consult your consulate .
2- Yes brits can purchase sell buy real estate and property in Turkey
3- Monthly average earning is 2500tl or 700 usd with 1500 usd there would be a comfortable life for a single person avarege spending would be 600-800usd without rent with rent please add another 300-400 usd for a good 3+1 room flathouse. local currency as of today 31March 2017 1usd = 3,63 tl
4- All banks have mutual agreement with UK banks including fund and swift transfer but IS Bankası '' IS Bank '' is the most prestigious which also has special drawing agreements with FED

good luck my friend

Last edited by James the Turk; Mar 31st 2017 at 10:49 am.