Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Opinion On Best Place To Buy In Turkey?

Opinion On Best Place To Buy In Turkey?

Old Jul 24th 2013, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Forres is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opinion On Best Place To Buy In Turkey?

Hello everyone,

I would like to hear some various opinions on the best places to buy an apartment or villa in Turkey and why you think this is the best place for you.

I have been on holiday in Turkey quite a few times now and love the place so now I am looking for a place in the sun as well as an investment home.

I would like to hear opinions from both retired people and people with young families on subjects like:

1. How easy or difficult is it to buy a property in Turkey?

2. How easy is it to buy a car and do you need a local license if you stay for a certain period?

3. What is the education system like for young children?

4. Do you find the Turkish community friendly and sociable towards you?

5. Is it a laid back way of life living there?

Initially would like to buy a holiday home for my own use then buy an investment place at a later date. I would welcome any opinions on the above questions and the best place for an investment home vs a personal home.

Best Regards
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:58 am
Just Joined

svetlana_antreal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opinion On Best Place To Buy In Turkey?

Hi,
i'm not a british expat, but i live in Turkey for pretty long time.
I'll try to answer your questions
It's really easy to buy a property in Turkey. There're no serious restrictions for british citizens to buy an apartment here, it's just cannot me situated too close to some important military objects (but real estate companies always check this out before showing you some apartments).
You also don't need to have a local driving license. My spouse's father from Holland has been using his old license for last 12 years))) the only problem is that cars in Turkey are pretty expensive
Turkish community is mostly very friendly but it also depends on the region you are staying in. For example in Antalya there are a lot of districts which are very comfortable for the foreigners to stay.
And concerning laid back way of life...it depends)) on what you're going to do here. If it's all just about spending your holiday time - you will never find a place to be more laid back and relaxed as here)) but if you are going to work here - be ready for some hard times
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Anatolia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opinion On Best Place To Buy In Turkey?

ı would definetely reccomend you Didim Altınkum where you can find so nice property in a logicall price and education sytme here in Turkey is as good as any other countries you think it is good and you could have eithe private or state based education..life in Turkey is a lot cheaper than other countries

I would like to hear some various opinions on the best places to buy an apartment or villa in Turkey and why you think this is the best place for you.

I have been on holiday in Turkey quite a few times now and love the place so now I am looking for a place in the sun as well as an investment home.

I would like to hear opinions from both retired people and people with young families on subjects like:

1. How easy or difficult is it to buy a property in Turkey?

2. How easy is it to buy a car and do you need a local license if you stay for a certain period?

3. What is the education system like for young children?

4. Do you find the Turkish community friendly and sociable towards you?

5. Is it a laid back way of life living there?

Initially would like to buy a holiday home for my own use then buy an investment place at a later date. I would welcome any opinions on the above questions and the best place for an investment home vs a personal home.

Best Regards[/QUOTE]