Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Moving to Turkey, visa/accomodation advice needed :)

Moving to Turkey, visa/accomodation advice needed :)

Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:10 am
Just Joined

j900ema is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Turkey, visa/accomodation advice needed :)

My daughter (18 yrs) and I have taken the bold decision to move to turkey (Marmaris) at the beginning of next year I own my own tattoo studio here and my daughter is a Body Piercer. I am giving up a lot for this move but feel it's the right thing to do. We will be going with a decent amount of cash in the bank but what i really need is advice about working visa's, as the information I have found is pretty confusing. Also any advice about accommodation would be fantastic as all i can find on the net is holiday lets, I need something more permanent, thanks in advance Emma xxx
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Turkey, visa/accomodation advice needed :)

Hi,

I am working in turkey. Regarding visa stuff its strt fwd.

simple residence permit (you have enough cash in the bank account its enough)
To open a bank account first go to the vergi office (tax office) just show the passport copy and original they give you a visiting card with number in it.Then you use that to open a bank account. If this process just ask the police officer what is acceptable. This is turkey the rule changes between place to place.

To open a business you can apply for individual work permit after setting up business. if you need help with a lawyer to do these. I can give you a numebr in PM.Hope it helps
Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

j900ema is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for your reply, what would be classed as 'enough cash in the bank'? i have read that if you come over on a tourist permit you can then apply for a residency visa at the police station immediately, is this correct? Emma
Old Oct 30th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

For every person 500usd should be enough.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:54 am
UK Expat Turkey

ozsubasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it is different in different regions, but here (Didim) when I went for my residency in the regional city of Aydin,they didn't ask for any bank information.
I think it may also be different if you are renting rather than as an owner (which we are).
But if you are required to produce it, the 500usd suggested is per month for the period of your residency. So if you want it for one year that is 6000usd.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

ukturk is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jemma
1st of all you can apply for a residence visa at the turkish embasy in london even before you enter turkey,or when you get to turkey get your 90day visa then asap get down to the foreign police office located in the marina, they will send all your info aswell as you passport (make sure you get enuf years on it to the visa your applying for) to mugla, regarding opening a bank account, you can pop into your local hsbc branch wherever you live and they offer a service for you to open a account in turkey especially in marmaris as their is a branch there and they will get you your tax number for you aswell or like airlineguy has mentioned you have to go to the tax office which is behind migros on the way to iclemer, regarding a work visa i have to b honest you will find it hard in getting one because you have to prove that the job that your going to do cant be done by a turk and as you know marmaris is full of tatoo artists but if your starting your own buisness it is easier to obtain but you have to show lots of things to back your application if you require any further info as this was one of my jobs while i was living in turkey helping expats ill b to happy to help :-)
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

mr mp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I read the thread on show to Turkey is the same today. Then the thread is a year old.

mr mp