Reload this Page >

Moving to Altinkum

Moving to Altinkum

Old Jan 4th 2021, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Incognito2411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Altinkum

Hi all

Am seriously considering moving to Altinkum later this year. A single woman looking to buy a property and living off proceeds from sale of my house.. Are there any underlying pitfalls out there that I should be aware of as am completely unaware of what I could be confronted with.

Intend to live a very frugal existence with my money as won't have any income to speak of and intend to remain in Turkey for the duration.

Would £200k plus see me through comfortably?

Thanks to all you veterans.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Altinkum

The first search I did on Altinkum brought up this:

https://turkishtravelblog.com/altinkum/

It's a resort town isn't it?

Depending on how old you are and how much you have to spend on rent/mortgage 200K GBP does not sound like a lot to last youthrough your retirement. Have you researched how much health insurance will cost you?
Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Incognito2411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Altinkum

Thank you so much. That link was very informative. Will have to rethink the area.