Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Interieur design/art/photography

Interieur design/art/photography

Old Aug 17th 2020, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

susan66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interieur design/art/photography

Hi, I am thinking of relocating to Turkey and would like some advice if there are any independant/private institutes run by English speaking tutors where my daughters can learn the basics of Art& Design, interieur design, photography ?

Last edited by susan66; Aug 17th 2020 at 11:38 am.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interieur design/art/photography

Outside schools catering for foreigners, the medium of instruction in Turkey is Turkish.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Outside schools catering for foreigners, the medium of instruction in Turkey is Turkish.

Thanking you for your reply. My daughters and I are currently living in Cyprus but wanting to relocate elsewhere, Turkey was in our discussions. My girls will study GCSE on line but wanting to find a class where my daughters could learn photography, art, interior designing etc in their free time. I thought maybe there were some British expats who might run classes as a business. If there were such classes we would move and relocate to this area. I have never been to Turkey but hear it is a nice place to live but for some reason my daughters have their doubts....I don't know what to do for the best.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I would advise that you go and see before making rash decisions about moving to a country that is now in the process of a serious Islamic revival. Gender segregation, headscarves and all that !
Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply....I am a British Muslim so this 'serious" Islamic revival, gender segregation , head scarves and all that really isn't an issue at all...More like a blessing. Thanks for your advice !
Old Aug 19th 2020, 8:20 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susan66
Thanking you for your reply. My daughters and I are currently living in Cyprus but wanting to relocate elsewhere, Turkey was in our discussions. My girls will study GCSE on line but wanting to find a class where my daughters could learn photography, art, interior designing etc in their free time. I thought maybe there were some British expats who might run classes as a business. If there were such classes we would move and relocate to this area. I have never been to Turkey but hear it is a nice place to live but for some reason my daughters have their doubts....I don't know what to do for the best.
I can think of a few reasons - without speaking Turkish, they must be wondering how you would all settle in and how they would make friends; you only know about the country by hearsay, without visiting it first; how do they see their future after obtaining their GCSEs? Would you be working there? Cyprus is in the EU, Turkey isn't.... From what I see on the News, Turkey isn't a very hospitable place to live in, located where it is, at the crossroads of East and West....
Moving to a location simply because there are such classes is a fragile reason, with all the other factors to take into account and bearing in mind that your daughters wouldn't be going to these classes forever...
There aren't all that many BE members in the Turkey forum, but hopefully some one with hands-on experience can advise. My opinion is applicable to a relocation to any country where you don't speak the language and where your daughters' future employment prospects would be bleak.
I would advise you to stay put until they've got their GCSEs and then decide on your collective future.
HTH
Old Aug 19th 2020, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

I thank you kindly for your reply and advice. We need to thoroughly think this through but already doubt is setting in. Im sure the right decision will be made in due course.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Go and see the place before you decide to live there
Old Aug 20th 2020, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Erdogan Regime is repressive in the field of culture and everything else - Grup Yorum

In Turkey daily life - and study - means that you need some command of the Turkish language.