WP @ port of entry

Old Jul 6th 2012, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default WP @ port of entry

Ok, so we've been SINP nominated...hurrah...at last!!!
My question is....with my work permit support letter, job offer and current Police certificate, can we turn up at Calgary International and get the work permit there?
The clowns at CIC London can't seem to get their heads round the fact that I've been nominated...and that I'm a truck driver aswell!!
I originally applied to London while our SINP was being processed.....now that nomination is approved, needing an LMO no longer applies! Of course, it means paying WP fee again but we fly on the 12th August and I am quickly losing faith in CIC London!
I just want reassurance that there should be no problems at the airport!!
Advice greatfully recieved!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice
Default Re: WP @ port of entry

you should do some serious checking on this one.

when i arrived in calgary airport back in sept 2007,i had a pack from my employer,it had a copy of the LMO for me and a cheque for $150.00 to pay for the work 1 year work permit a long with a whole bunch of other paperwork.
i am sure the company i work for had set up the work permit.
who are you going out there to work for???

if you google SINP there is information there.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by meritor
you should do some serious checking on this one.

when i arrived in calgary airport back in sept 2007,i had a pack from my employer,it had a copy of the LMO for me and a cheque for $150.00 to pay for the work 1 year work permit a long with a whole bunch of other paperwork.
i am sure the company i work for had set up the work permit.
who are you going out there to work for???

if you google SINP there is information there.
Perhaps a little crossed wires here?! I'm going out on the SINP family class program, not the Long haul truck program.....it just so happens that I'm a truck driver who managed to secure a job as a driver there, as well as being lucky enough to be sponsored by family too! My SINP nomination negates the need for an LMO. We have nomination and job offer so should be fine.
I'm perhaps just in panic mode too much!!
Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

If you're that concerned take a trip to the Embassy for your work permit.BTW,your employer has of today started their own driver training school.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
If you're that concerned take a trip to the Embassy for your work permit.BTW,your employer has of today started their own driver training school.
Hi mate, yeah I'm trying to get hold of someone from cic to confirm things for me.
Driver school eh?! Lets hope they get me through it first time so I can join you on the mighty highway! See ya soon mate.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Passing your test will be a piece of cake,but sounds like you'll be on a 3 week course covering hours of service,vans,tanks,supers,weights,border crossing etc.They are a good company and obviously aren't shy in investing dollars into their new drivers,big time.
Good luck to you,unlike the majority of us on here you have a decent firm to work for from day one,not day 485,do your best and they WILL do the same by you.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Passing your test will be a piece of cake,but sounds like you'll be on a 3 week course covering hours of service,vans,tanks,supers,weights,border crossing etc.They are a good company and obviously aren't shy in investing dollars into their new drivers,big time.
Good luck to you,unlike the majority of us on here you have a decent firm to work for from day one,not day 485,do your best and they WILL do the same by you.
Cheers mate. My head is buzzing already at the thought of learning stuff the 'Canadian' way but as far as I'm aware I'll be 'mentored' for a month or so after passing the test before being let loose on my own, which is fine by me. Not like when I started here.... 'there's the keys....off ya go!' lol.