Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Working in Timeline logistic, Saskatoon, SK

Working in Timeline logistic, Saskatoon, SK

Old Jun 17th 2013, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Working in Timeline logistic, Saskatoon, SK

flat....

really? I never tried to find out becouse I am on my own....
but my friends have partners....I will tell them....
could you tell me how did you find out?
send me a link please
thank you
Old Jun 17th 2013, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wha-Koo
hehehe have you ever tried the mountain climbing on Norwegian roads?
It is well known all over Europe that this is hard...hard winters on very, very bad roads...so anything should be better than that

Thanks again Milan for your reply. Hope you come to this site every now and then to update us on your life over there. If you want, i will give you my email on a PM , if there something more i will ask you in the future

Rock on, guys
Yes, I have driven Oslo - Bergen. Delivered & collected on the west coast. Been up as far as Tromso. Firstly with Nordan, then Norcargo when they were taken over.
The Scanias & Volvos are light years in front of the trucks out here. In every way, especially comfort. Norway is a lovely country with fantastic scenery. Some rough roads, but there plenty of them out here.

You wanna swap jobs? I'm your man!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

So long as they've been here 6 months tell them to phone North Portal and inquire about spousal work permits , so long as things haven't changed it's just a matter of going down there to get one issued ,
Old Jun 20th 2013, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

ok. Thank you. I will pass it to my mates
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 7:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
So long as they've been here 6 months tell them to phone North Portal and inquire about spousal work permits , so long as things haven't changed it's just a matter of going down there to get one issued ,
Things have changed, SK is no longer running that pilot prog - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/occupations.asp

Realistically though, all pilot prog scan be stopped at any time and spouses of truckers aren't entitled to a SOWP, so any family moving needs to be happy with the wife not being able to work until they get PR.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

julian666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi milanuk.can you send me in a pm all what you had to do from the beginning until you get there in canada or you can just post it here.thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2013, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

tobyjug is an unknown quantity at this point

Please, dont take this as an advertisment for Timeline logistic...

I feel more freedom here then in Europe....
maybe I it is only my feeling but I really feel like that....

Good luck to you all....anywhere you go....I hope you will enjoy Canada like me....[/QUOTE]

REALLY!!!!!... amazed, ive been here nearly 8 years, they are a newish company, and one ex driver told everyone its great.. if you want to live in your truck, never get home, pay wasn't that good for going to the states. doing empty miles and not getting paid for them... I think it all depends on what you willing to "put up with" for the chance of working here, there are a lot of GOOD company's here, just as many bad, and also depends on where you come from, as in what your used to before. I'm pleased you are having a positive experience with them... just saying....
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

tobyjug

I dont blame you...
but as I said....I am presenting only my opinion.
I believe Timeline is a good start for me.
Yes, we do live in our trucks...but what can you expect when you want to be an international truck driver? Can I expect to be home every weekend?
From Edmonton to Houston it takes about 4 days to get there....

I dont know who you spoke to but I dont know anything about not getting paid for empty miles....I get paid every mile I do 0,43 CAD...I know it is not a lot but I get it paid...loaded or empty...doesnt matter....

As I said....Timeline is not the best company in the world....I just wanted to put some details here for another drivers who are about to find a job in Canada....becouse the more they know...the better decision they can make...that is all....

when I was looking for job in CAnada...I found some usefull details on this forum and now this is my way to pay back....
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Arthur30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Milan!
Thanks for your useful details about Timeline. I hope they will write me back and maybe we will meet in person