British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Wife & Kids Entry In To Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/wife-kids-entry-canada-751018/)

man240utd Mar 8th 2012 1:53 pm

Wife & Kids Entry In To Canada

I am hopefully going out to Canada on Sask PNP as a Truck Driver. If I am going out to Canada on my own & my wife and family are following in a few months, does my wife have to go through CIC in London or is there another way for her and the kids to get in to Canada? Thanks.:confused:

dave_lol66 Mar 8th 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Wife & Kids Entry In To Canada

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9942720)
I am hopefully going out to Canada on Sask PNP as a Truck Driver. If I am going out to Canada on my own & my wife and family are following in a few months, does my wife have to go through CIC in London or is there another way for her and the kids to get in to Canada? Thanks.:confused:

The wife and kids will be on your pnp application and paperwork, all this has to be applied for as a family not as individuals.:thumbup:

fergie171 Sep 11th 2012 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9942720)

hi...im heading over to start work in saskatoon in october...my wife will be following about 4-6 weeks later...what does she need to do to be able to join me... does she need a copy of my lmo and job offer ??? getting a bit confusing about gaining her entry

Chicken lights and chrome Sep 14th 2012 6:25 am

Your employer should tell you everything you need to do, but just in case, make sure she has all the numbers that are on your work permit, immigration will look it all up at the airport and give her a visitors visa that runs concurrent with your work permit.

A copy of your LMO and job offer won't hurt though.

If she's thinking of going out with you and crossing the border, tell them when they do the visa and they'll give her one that's valid for multiple entries.

The visa will look just like your work permit, but will state that she cannot work or go to school etc.

One thing to consider, as she's on a visitors visa, she'll have no health coverage, so you should get her insured before she arrives. God forbid, but if anything goes wrong you'll be looking at unbelievable bills if she has to go to the doctors or hospital.

Standard holiday insurance should cover it.

Gremmie Sep 20th 2012 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by fergie171 (Post 10275572)
hi...im heading over to start work in saskatoon in october...my wife will be following about 4-6 weeks later...what does she need to do to be able to join me... does she need a copy of my lmo and job offer ??? getting a bit confusing about gaining her entry

:rofl::rofl: Are you realy sure she will follow:ohmy::ohmy:

meritor Sep 20th 2012 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10280288)
Your employer should tell you everything you need to do, but just in case, make sure she has all the numbers that are on your work permit, immigration will look it all up at the airport and give her a visitors visa that runs concurrent with your work permit.

A copy of your LMO and job offer won't hurt though.

If she's thinking of going out with you and crossing the border, tell them when they do the visa and they'll give her one that's valid for multiple entries.

The visa will look just like your work permit, but will state that she cannot work or go to school etc.

One thing to consider, as she's on a visitors visa, she'll have no health coverage, so you should get her insured before she arrives. God forbid, but if anything goes wrong you'll be looking at unbelievable bills if she has to go to the doctors or hospital.

Standard holiday insurance should cover it.

Standard holiday insurance will probably not cover it,you need a different type of insurance,ie,something like back packers use,check STA out etc,but by all means check with your standard travel insurance people first.