Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Where is everybody?!!!!!!!

Where is everybody?!!!!!!!

Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is everybody?!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by koogar
Super 'b'?.......... PAH!!
http://bp1.blogger.com/_8Xj5BM-d3y8/...h/IMG_0009.JPG

Oh yea, and the scenery aint bad is it?...................
http://bp1.blogger.com/_8Xj5BM-d3y8/...h/IMG_0025.JPG

Hope you all have as much fun as I did.
Stay safe.
Lets not make this a size thing ,,eh you could contact Lyndon on his blog..he's home today eating turkey
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Turnpikes........... PAAAHHH

Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Hi big truck i'm talking live to Lyndon and we both want to know why do you come on here handing out second hand info,when you havent got the gumption to do it your self..
Graham,
Do you not think I would be mad to walk away from a job that pays me approx £38k/year for 4on/4off shifts? at least until the current contract is due to end late 2009 early 2010.
Not to mention the little "side line" running the artic out of a local quarry,not "setting the world on fire" but "ticking over" nicely.
I refer you to Paulb's post of which I agree 110%!!!

just to clear things up, i'm not sceptical about canada in anyway, as far as i'm concerned it's a done deal and thats where we're headed it's just a matter of sorting out the details like where and when, taking a gamble and working hard is what i do, twenty five years of running my own busineses has taught me you only get out what you put in BUT i'm not about to get sold a dream and then realise i've been shafted because i've been blinded by the excitement of the whole thing!
no doubt theres plenty already there that have done well and don't regret it at all and it's not hard to see that their livestyles and general well being have been improved by making the move but theres always going to be things that the recruiters don't tell you, after all it's their job to paint a good picture not only of the job but also the place your going to be living.
i'm sure i'm not alone in thinking that canada is a new start and a new life which to me means emmigrating, not going for a couple of years and then coming back, at the end of the day if thats what your after theres plenty of places around the world where you'll earn vastly more than you ever will in canada so i'd like to see all the paperwork going into the process of me and mine becoming permanent residence, not bothered if it takes a year or more
as long as i can see the wheels turning in the right direction, what i can't see is selling everything here, me and the wife walking away from decent jobs to go on a temp wp and a promise that one day everything will come together!
i can still find no reason why you don't apply for pnp the day you receive a job offer and instead wait six months as it seems is being sugested by some companies, i could be looking at it totally wrong but until i see something to say otherwise i'll remain sceptical about the motives of some of these companies.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Its not the companies that state work for 6 months before applying for PR its the Canadian government, You are also temporary for the first 6 months and on probation which is also set by the Alberta government not the trucking companies .

There are drivers out here now who have PR in less than 18 months and still working for the same company !

5 jobs for every person in the Calgary area and my wife cant work for 12 months ..Go figure !

Also anyone with a N.I. driving licence will have to take the Class 5 before taking class 1.

Its easy to be sceptical back in the UK , I know I was , But I am so glad I took the chance and made the move.

Do whats best for you and your family because at the end of the day only you can make the decsion .
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Graham,
Do you not think I would be mad to walk away from a job that pays me approx £38k/year for 4on/4off shifts? at least until the current contract is due to end late 2009 early 2010.
Not to mention the little "side line" running the artic out of a local quarry,not "setting the world on fire" but "ticking over" nicely.
I refer you to Paulb's post of which I agree 110%!!!

just to clear things up, i'm not sceptical about canada in anyway, as far as i'm concerned it's a done deal and thats where we're headed it's just a matter of sorting out the details like where and when, taking a gamble and working hard is what i do, twenty five years of running my own busineses has taught me you only get out what you put in BUT i'm not about to get sold a dream and then realise i've been shafted because i've been blinded by the excitement of the whole thing!
no doubt theres plenty already there that have done well and don't regret it at all and it's not hard to see that their livestyles and general well being have been improved by making the move but theres always going to be things that the recruiters don't tell you, after all it's their job to paint a good picture not only of the job but also the place your going to be living.
i'm sure i'm not alone in thinking that canada is a new start and a new life which to me means emmigrating, not going for a couple of years and then coming back, at the end of the day if thats what your after theres plenty of places around the world where you'll earn vastly more than you ever will in canada so i'd like to see all the paperwork going into the process of me and mine becoming permanent residence, not bothered if it takes a year or more
as long as i can see the wheels turning in the right direction, what i can't see is selling everything here, me and the wife walking away from decent jobs to go on a temp wp and a promise that one day everything will come together!
i can still find no reason why you don't apply for pnp the day you receive a job offer and instead wait six months as it seems is being sugested by some companies, i could be looking at it totally wrong but until i see something to say otherwise i'll remain sceptical about the motives of some of these companies.
Typical BT cant even compose his own reply
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Raquelle will become famous soon enough

I think that everyone should stop bitching and start spreading the love instead!! Just think, you could look like me and then you really would have problems Now, could someone help an unfortunately dodgy looking sheep out by giving me some KARMA
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raquelle
I think that everyone should stop bitching and start spreading the love instead!! Just think, you could look like me and then you really would have problems Now, could someone help an unfortunately dodgy looking sheep out by giving me some KARMA
There ya go ......
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
There ya go ......

Well thank you! You have made a dodgy looking sheep very happy Glad all is going well for you over there, love the photos too. Can I ask you, did it take long for Westcan to get back to you when you applied? My hubby sent application about 10 days ago and haven't heard anything. Don't know whether it would be worth him phoning up to make sure someone has received it? Don't want to be pushy either though
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well thank you! You have made a dodgy looking sheep very happy Glad all is going well for you over there, love the photos too. Can I ask you, did it take long for Westcan to get back to you when you applied? My hubby sent application about 10 days ago and haven't heard anything. Don't know whether it would be worth him phoning up to make sure someone has received it? Don't want to be pushy either though
I remember when I first applied by email I got reply back within a few hours on a Saturday afternoon !
You could phone human resources in Edmonton and ask how is your application going , Woudnt do any harm.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

I remember when I first applied by email I got reply back within a few hours on a Saturday afternoon !
You could phone human resources in Edmonton and ask how is your application going , Woudnt do any harm.

That doesn't look too promising then as he sent his by email too! I will get him to phone though anyway. I don't know why they wouldn't want him, he's got 15 years experience! Maybe im just biased! What will be will be
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also sent you some karma anything to keep you quiet
As to Westcan application: i would follow up with a call cant hurt..
but may be they've seen your photo,,,and think your OH is a sheep shager
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wouldn't worry ..They will be in contact if they think your husband will fit the bill , But a phone call wouldn't go a miss, Best ringing Marilyn Baril at Edmonton and have a look at their website , Looks like they have updated it recently .

www.westcanbulktransport.com
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

See ... if they will employ gremmie pretty sure your OH will be ok

and where's my Karma ???
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

That has actually made me laugh quite a lot!! I never thought they might have seen my photo, really must get my hair sheared soon:rofl Thanks for the karma BETTER LATE THAN NEVER EH? Shame you had to wait for someone else to do it first
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

See ... if they will employ gremmie pretty sure your OH will be ok

and where's my Karma ???
Karma has been given And your right, if Gremmie got a job with them then there is still hope for Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.