Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Where is everybody?!!!!!!!

Where is everybody?!!!!!!!

Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is everybody?!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Raquelle
Yee haa, can't believe I actually managed to do some technology stuff and get it right Anyways, how is good old BC? Are you actually doing any work yet or are you still just being David Bailey and having a leisurely drive around Canada
Blumin cheek i work almost every day....5on 3 off... i take these pics when im driving
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:18 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rodger Rabbit
Hiya folks

Nice pics Gremmie, you seem to have a knack while driving Hope it's handsfree!!!

We've got our tickets sorted and its bye bye UK on 9th November!!!

Times really dragging now, just can't wait to get the flock outa here!

Try not doing the snow dance too much... Don't wanna have to sit my test in a blizzard!
Nah, it never snows in Canada in November

here's a pic off my blog taken last November on TCH1 in the rockies.

Good luck with the move.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6...0/IMG_0038.jpg
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:22 am
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough

As long as it dosen't snow till i've passed my test i'm not bothered

After that the more the better...
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:47 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

As long as it dosen't snow till i've passed my test i'm not bothered

After that the more the better...
I wouldn't worry about it Kev. They're pretty good at clearin the stuff away. Except Edmonton where they seem to be from the 'wait til it melts' school of thought.
It's not like English snow anyway. The stuff in Canada is surprizingly 'grippy' and I think I only had my chains on 3 or 4 times the whole winter, which isn't bad considering the place is white for 6 months.
The biggest problem I found was gettin 'dusted' by other trucks. There's a stretch of TCH1 that's 2 lane (as opposed to 4) from Whitewood, Sk accross into Manitoba that I really didn't like. You'd pass a truck going the other way and you'd be drivin blind for 3-4 seconds til the snow dust settled down again. Interesting to say the least.
Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread. It isn't really about snow is it.
I'm sure you'll have a great time and love Canada. It's a great place to live.
Stay safe.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:07 pm
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough

Looking forward to driving in proper snow with people who no how to drive in it...
Bet they don't panic when they see a little flutter like this lot over here...
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Raquelle will become famous soon enough

Looking forward to driving in proper snow with people who no how to drive in it...
Bet they don't panic when they see a little flutter like this lot over here...
Hi Kev,

Don't worry about the snow and just remember that you won't be HERE anymore so that can only be a good thing!!Don't know about where you are but the weather here is totally weird at the moment. Its baltic in the morning and t-shirt weather in the afternoon And there are swarms of midges everywhere, the kids can't play out without getting eaten alive Very weird for october! At least when you go to Canada you know to expect it to be freezing and snowing, not like here where you never know what its doing

Anyway, good luck with your test
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Blumin cheek i work almost every day....5on 3 off... i take these pics when im driving

Im glad you are managing to fit the odd bit of driving work in, in between your photography business 5 days on and 3 off, isn't that part-time hours? You know I am just jealous
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad you are managing to fit the odd bit of driving work in, in between your photography business 5 days on and 3 off, isn't that part-time hours? You know I am just jealous
5days @ 15hrs a day......you call that part time thats like when men say "giving birth is easy and painless"
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

5days @ 15hrs a day......you call that part time thats like when men say "giving birth is easy and painless"
If you men ever had to give birth (which, lets face it, is not very likely) you would realise that working 15 hours a day is in fact a doddle in comparison In fact, you would probably volunteer to work 25 hours a day just so you never had to go through childbirth again
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you men ever had to give birth (which, lets face it, is not very likely) you would realise that working 15 hours a day is in fact a doddle in comparison In fact, you would probably volunteer to work 25 hours a day just so you never had to go through childbirth again
But we do HAVE to help with the making of the babies,,so you girls dont do it all alone and what thanks do WE get for that,,,,eh
Attached Thumbnails Where is everybody?!!!!!!!-101_0051.jpg  
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raquelle,and any one else for that matter,Ther's a really good Blog from an ex BE member that gives plenty of insight into Long haul trucking (international) + some home life info aswell,that would be of interest to you.
The authours name is Lyndon,from Swindon,now living and working out of Lethbridge AB for H&R transport,well worth the read
http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

But we do HAVE to help with the making of the babies,,so you girls dont do it all alone and what thanks do WE get for that,,,,eh
Oh yes thanks for reminding me why men were put on this planet!!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh yes thanks for reminding me why men were put on this planet!!
Well at least we do 1 thing right ?????? some times
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Well at least we do 1 thing right ?????? some times
Now, did someone actually tell you that or are you just assuming?
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Raquelle,and any one else for that matter,Ther's a really good Blog from an ex BE member that gives plenty of insight into Long haul trucking (international) + some home life info aswell,that would be of interest to you.
The authours name is Lyndon,from Swindon,now living and working out of Lethbridge AB for H&R transport,well worth the read
http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/

Thanks for that, although have to say have been following Lyndon's blog for a while to see how he is getting on as hubby Gary had an interview and job offer with them but we decided not to go for it as kids would miss him being away for so long. See you have a "wee" mention on his blog, fame at last eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.