Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

whats the best way to contact prospective employers

whats the best way to contact prospective employers

Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: whats the best way to contact prospective employers

Originally Posted by spockil
still undecided where but thinking along lines of sk, ns or anywhere else
That kind of narrows it down then
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kb33
That kind of narrows it down then
Well it's a start.

Sort of like saying:

Glasgow or London or anywhere else between them and Moscow, not too fussy.

Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

or i could always shack up with a nice canadian
Well that was always my Philosophy....if you want to get to know the country and learn the language get yourself a long haired dictionary.

Don't apply to Canada but still better fun than being on your own.

Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

still undecided where but thinking along lines of sk, ns or anywhere else
In other words youve no idea
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

my first choice would be ns then ontario. but I understand I have to go with the work so im flexible to where i go.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

well iv just had a kick up backside as I have been given a weeks notice where i am working so my question is if i get all paperwork ready how quick could i get work permit?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Its not the work permit you need its the LMO, And your new employer in Canada gets you that . When you arrive in Canada (with LMO)the Immigration Officer will attach the work permit to your passport.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

well iv just had a kick up backside as I have been given a weeks notice where i am working so my question is if i get all paperwork ready how quick could i get work permit?
Oh bugger you will need to get a reference from them aswell...

Q1 do you have a job offer from a canadain company
Q2 are you cleane ie.. police,driving records etc.
Q3 how are you financialy,,dont need exact numbers but from the day you arrive till you earn could be 7 weeks.
Q4 how long till you get all ya papers ready
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Q1 no i dont have job offer as such
Q2 i am clean had bath tonight. yea have police certificate
Q3 well I need to sell house then id be ok
Q4 need medical and a driver assesment and collect my refrences but he has said he would give me a good one
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Mucker you need to them sorted. Then you need a LMO from your Canadian employer!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

well iv had police certificate so just need to sort out medical and an assesment so things are moving along
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

well a little update my house is going on the market once iv tidied it up a little lol for the glamour shots.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Not the best time to put it on the market so good luck, perhaps the 1.5% announced today will help.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

yea i know not the best time but it needs to go so i can go il see how it goes fingers crossed it will sell for price i want
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Im just wondering if anyone could tell me a realistic take home pay after tax.
also how much I should take to tide me over till i can start earning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.