Westcan in Edinburgh

Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Westcan in Edinburgh

Originally Posted by kb33
Well if they do offer you a job despite what other people say I have found them to be very good but I can only speak from the Calgary branch .

Anyway hope things work out for you and maybe see you over here in the not too distant future
Thanks

We were between Lloydminster and Calgary but have decided yesterday that we want to try for Calgary

Will be getting the application in asap, need to mention it to the boss now so I can get a reference

Then hopefully a recce out for the interview and a look around
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Thats it Kev you tell'em, theirs good and bad every where. And its only through personal expierance that we learn... Very philisofical today

Oh Happy feet,, Kevs house is great,been there showerd there, ate there got attacked by the dog there And best of all met misses KB33 and her slippers
What job is perfect and I would rather have a bad job and be in Canada than have a good job and be in the UK

Not sure about the dog though
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roanin
Westcan here in Moose Jaw have a slew of Brit drivers. Although some of them are wingers, they are sticking it out. Mostly bulk fuel, B-trains. The administrator there is a girl from Wales. Westcan are prolific Brit hirers and are very slick with the pnp etc. They are certainly a fast track into Canada for truckers!
Good to hear even the wingers are sticking it out!

Yeah had a few looks at the Westcan DVD now and quite a few brit drivers interviewed, they make a good job of sellling Westcan

At the end of the day, we have looked at every thread and comment in this forum plus the others and no matter how bad some guys have made Westcan look, any job is as good or as bad as you make it!

Have the right attitude, get your head down and get on with it !
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:31 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

As a driver, you may want to "google" the oil and gas industry, especially in Alberta. Some good coin to be made there, and it's not all about miles. Try "reality-check.com , then look under oil forums.
Good luck
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

dunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet
Hi

We are going to the Emigrate Show in Edinburgh this weekend, wondered if anyone else interested in trucking in Canada was going, in particular to see Westcan who are exhibiting?

Decided to go along and introduce oursleves to Westcan with a view to driving for them, not sure whether to contact them before or just approach them at the show though

Hope they are interested!
well happy feet my name is dunky i live in ayr scotland how did your emigrate show go???I went also just to drag the wife along to speak to different people so she could get her head around moving hopfully to okotoks area.We met julie and ed and they were a god send they told her more than she probably wanted in a short space of time, they went through alot of stuff.

I also spoke to the westcan crew and ive looked at the dvd and looks good so probably give them a bash so if any one out of the calgary depot reads this give me a note on what the shifts and work is like there cheers.

Well H/F did you get the answers you were looking for ?? where you from anyway cheers for know
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dunky
well happy feet my name is dunky i live in ayr scotland how did your emigrate show go???I went also just to drag the wife along to speak to different people so she could get her head around moving hopfully to okotoks area.We met julie and ed and they were a god send they told her more than she probably wanted in a short space of time, they went through alot of stuff.

I also spoke to the westcan crew and ive looked at the dvd and looks good so probably give them a bash so if any one out of the calgary depot reads this give me a note on what the shifts and work is like there cheers.

Well H/F did you get the answers you were looking for ?? where you from anyway cheers for know

Hi Dunky

Yeah we are definelty going, all three of us are up for it (wife, daughter and me lol)

Going to plan a recce asap to Westcan, definetly Calgary for us

If all goes well Westcan will want us out there by the end of August at the latest

Told the boss today, so I can a reference sorted and to give him notice of our plans and to expect a call from Canada soon asking how good I am

We are in glasgow, never know might meet up in Canada soon, are you planning on moving this year?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dunky

Yeah we are definelty going, all three of us are up for it (wife, daughter and me lol)

If all goes well Westcan will want us out there by the end of August at the latest

Told the boss today, so I can a reference sorted and to give him notice of our plans and to expect a call from Canada soon asking how good I am

We are in glasgow, never know might meet up in Canada soon, are you planning on moving this year?
yip i am defo up for it, told gaffa last night sort ref out on thursday then send everything away and take it from there.Who are you working for the now?where abouts in glesgy you from
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dunky
yip i am defo up for it, told gaffa last night sort ref out on thursday then send everything away and take it from there.Who are you working for the now?where abouts in glesgy you from
cool

driving transporter for car company up here, doing recovery work too, in the west end
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Westcan-Moffs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dunky

Morning H/F
I work for Westcan Moose Jaw.I have a couple of friends in Calgary depot.When you do a recce be sure to talk about options of all depot options.Cost of living differs greatly between provinces.
The job is what you make it.For me it works and I have had great support in settling in to the Canadian way of life.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Westcan-Moffs
Morning H/F
I work for Westcan Moose Jaw.I have a couple of friends in Calgary depot.When you do a recce be sure to talk about options of all depot options.Cost of living differs greatly between provinces.
The job is what you make it.For me it works and I have had great support in settling in to the Canadian way of life.
i.ve been looking to make the move for about 2 yr now ,it was just talking to the wife cause she thought that she would be stuck in the house all winter but you know what women are like once they get some thing in2 their heads.
I have looked at a few diff areas of canada and i just seem to keep returning to Alberta i dont know why but we will see what it will be like when we get over for a recce in july or sept then i will see what they will offer me fingers x Cheers for the now Dunky
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Westcan-Moffs
Morning H/F
Hi,

Good to hear you are enjoying life in Canada, sounds good to us!

So Moose Jaw could be a better option than Calgary, looks like keeping all options open is the way to go....

Totally agree about the job being what you make of it, positive attitude