Westcan in Edinburgh

Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough
Default Westcan in Edinburgh

Hi

We are going to the Emigrate Show in Edinburgh this weekend, wondered if anyone else interested in trucking in Canada was going, in particular to see Westcan who are exhibiting?

Decided to go along and introduce oursleves to Westcan with a view to driving for them, not sure whether to contact them before or just approach them at the show though

Hope they are interested!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Westcan in Edinburgh

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet
Hi

We are going to the Emigrate Show in Edinburgh this weekend, wondered if anyone else interested in trucking in Canada was going, in particular to see Westcan who are exhibiting?

Decided to go along and introduce oursleves to Westcan with a view to driving for them, not sure whether to contact them before or just approach them at the show though

Hope they are interested!
I went to one of their exhibits once and just faced them, told them (Lady cant remember her name) my past exp, problem was I can get a job in Canada with ease, they hounded me for months after asking me to consider.

So, best just front them, give them ya best spill, and play it by ear....
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers bigwheels

Just have to wait and see what happens on Sunday when we go, hopefully they will be hounding us too
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

julieandchris will become famous soon enoughjulieandchris will become famous soon enough

they'l be hounding you when you work for them, try some other companys westcan are crap!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julieandchris
they'l be hounding you when you work for them, try some other companys westcan are crap!
Seems to be good and bad in every company!

Had a good look around this forum and all the others and have a shortlist of companies that seem more suited to our needs and Westcan is one of them

At the end of the day working and living in Canada is the goal and that's something worth fighting for, or at the very least putting up with some crap along the way

We are definetly going into this process with our eyes wide open, we know it won't be easy but we know it will be worth it
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Fife_lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Happyfeet

OH and I are going to edinburgh as well....OH is truck driver about 17 years now he has driven most type of loads......so hopefully will be able to get a job no probs......however we cannot quite decide where we want to go...so we are gonna go out on a reccie trip to PEI and Nova Scotia and then to Alberta.......

Our goal is to buy a home / acreage and have no mortgage, therefore no need for me to work and I can travel with OH in truck..(therefore we need to find company that will allow me to travel with Oh)
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fife_lass
Hi Happyfeet

OH and I are going to edinburgh as well....OH is truck driver about 17 years now he has driven most type of loads......so hopefully will be able to get a job no probs......however we cannot quite decide where we want to go...so we are gonna go out on a reccie trip to PEI and Nova Scotia and then to Alberta.......

Our goal is to buy a home / acreage and have no mortgage, therefore no need for me to work and I can travel with OH in truck..(therefore we need to find company that will allow me to travel with Oh)
Hi FifeLass

Sounds like you have a good plan going there

Westcan will be no use as they don't allow riders, plenty do though and with 17 years experience OH will have no probs getting a job, H and R seem a popular choice

We are wanting Alberta, in particular Calgary and not too many nights out so Westcan seems to fit the bill, Lloydminster would be another option for us with both Wescan and RJ Hoffman in the area

Enjoy the show, we are going early on Sunday, hopefully beat the crowds
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Decided to to go to the show in Edinburgh today

Met with Chelsea from Westcan and all seems good, will have an application back with them soon and then hopefully a trip out to see them in Alberta

Met also with Julie and Eddie the realtors and they have offered to get us in touch with a few of the Wescan drivers in the Calgary depot

Feel confident about things tonight, just have to take things a step at a time now

Chelsea says they would like me out there no later than August if all goes well to start driver training before the winter sets in, lets hope so!

Oh and if any of you are going to the show and are interested in Westcan, tomorrow, late afternoon (Sunday) they are holding a small seminar with questions and answers

A and M
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Met also with Julie and Eddie the realtors and they have offered to get us in touch with a few of the Wescan drivers in the Calgary depot
That will me me then

I know Julie and Edd very well , Infact live just around the corner from them in Okotoks . If you decide to make the move they will look after you
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
That will me me then

I know Julie and Edd very well , Infact live just around the corner from them in Okotoks . If you decide to make the move they will look after you
hi

think we saw a pic of your house today, very nice!

we have already decided we are definetly making the move, just have to get everything organised and hope westcan offer a job
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet
hi

think we saw a pic of your house today, very nice!

we have already decided we are definetly making the move, just have to get everything organised and hope westcan offer a job
Well if they do offer you a job despite what other people say I have found them to be very good but I can only speak from the Calgary branch .

Anyway hope things work out for you and maybe see you over here in the not too distant future
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thats it Kev you tell'em, theirs good and bad every where. And its only through personal expierance that we learn... Very philisofical today

Oh Happy feet,, Kevs house is great,been there showerd there, ate there got attacked by the dog there And best of all met misses KB33 and her slippers
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Thats it Kev you tell'em, theirs good and bad every where. And its only through personal expierance that we learn... Very philisofical today

Oh Happy feet,, Kevs house is great,been there showerd there, ate there got attacked by the dog there And best of all met misses KB33 and her slippers
Hey up Graham

It would be great to have you back again you could show me a few skiing tips

Oh and the wife as got some new slippers now and there white
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Me give skiing tips i ski like Eddy the eagle could jump,,i know the theory,can even doit pretty well but cant stop to save my life
have had many a close encounter with a bush,tree or sexy snow bunny in my time,all of which act as great stoppers,

White slippers eh !!!! big fluffy ones ??? your misses is a little devil
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:46 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Westcan here in Moose Jaw have a slew of Brit drivers. Although some of them are wingers, they are sticking it out. Mostly bulk fuel, B-trains. The administrator there is a girl from Wales. Westcan are prolific Brit hirers and are very slick with the pnp etc. They are certainly a fast track into Canada for truckers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.