Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Westcan Bulk Transport - What A Nightmare !

Westcan Bulk Transport - What A Nightmare !

Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:05 am
Just Joined

Newstart1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Westcan Bulk Transport - What A Nightmare !

Apologies to everyone who tried to contact me these past 12 months (

I decided to take myself away from the whole Canada experience, and throw my attentions on rebuilding my life again back here in the UK. Looking forward and not dwelling on the past kind of thing ... and it was the right thing to do

I am very pleased to say stuff has really worked out for me. I've been driving petrol tankers since returning and have recently landed a good position on one of the top contracts ... So all is good. I recently moved into a new house and our children have settled into a really good school and they are doing really well

My kids ... What can I say ... I took them at such a tender age, put them in a school in a foreign country and two years later dragged them back to start over again in the UK. Not one grumble, Not one complaint they are my beautiful team and I'm so very proud at how they handled everything we went through.

These guys are the greatest ... I know I'm bias because they are my kids, but they deserve everything I can now go on to provide for them ... My heroes )

To diversify ... A mate of mine asked me to check out Westcan's web page lol

So I took a look at Westcan's web page and it's all new lol ... Gone is the careers page for their TFW program which is a huge relief. To be honest I had heard from a friend they weren't allowed them anymore, so this is confirmation of that )

It feels like justice has come full circle ... I understand they have just been taken over ... Again ! They would be best just shutting it down, a lick of paint and a new web page ain't gonna hide the horrors that have unfolded inside the gates of that establishment over the years.

Ah well ... Enough of the sour grapes lol ... It's someone else's problem now )
Old Aug 8th 2016, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear you have got your life back on track and are doing well.I pass by Westcans Calgary yard alot and they have a permanent "hiring drivers" sign on their fence,says it all lol.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Yes it does lol

They will never recover from destroying their own reputation so arrogantly

I've had a few emails from some of my old mates still in Edmonton ... They tell me they are in a real bad way, no one will work for them etc. As drivers get opportunities elsewhere they simply leave ... Driver numbers still falling and the depot is employing only a fraction of the numbers that were there 18 months ago

Oh well ... Good to see your still going strong out there buddy )

All self inflicted ... Karma
Old Aug 10th 2016, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Cougs anf kevin ar still alive and doing well... Our German friend is delusional if he thinks he can take WBT to court.. mein liebe kollege du hast kein hoffnung gegen West Can, dein bloedsinnigs akt mit den feuer loescher koente dich ins gefengnis bringen... Sorry haven't written in German in about 6 years,
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gremmie,

I think you may have incorrectly posted on the wrong thread ???

However, I don't speak German, so tbh I cannot translate if you were or not ... lol

Beautiful sunny day here in the UK

Everyone have a great day
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newstart1
Hi Gremmie,

I think you may have incorrectly posted on the wrong thread ???

However, I don't speak German, so tbh I cannot translate if you were or not ... lol

Beautiful sunny day here in the UK

Everyone have a great day
Go back 1 page and read posts from Knudel ....I read your post aswell and your antics at WBT. From what i can gather you did zero research in the company, in the work or how things are done here. I found your attitude some what arrogant as you had to start off at the bottom after reaching the top in the UK. Plus you gave in to easily..
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

bigredal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Go back 1 page and read posts from Knudel ....I read your post aswell and your antics at WBT. From what i can gather you did zero research in the company, in the work or how things are done here. I found your attitude some what arrogant as you had to start off at the bottom after reaching the top in the UK. Plus you gave in to easily..
i dont think he gave up to easily, by reading his post, i understand that staying in this copmany would couse him to loose money and drop into debt.
but different people with different autitude maybe would stay there, i cant judge him upon this spell with WBT,
i also had a bad experience with a company, not WBT but not to far from them.

last thing, you right about the chance of claiming something from WBT, the get nothing.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Go back 1 page and read posts from Knudel Plus you gave in to easily..
How long did you stay@ WBT before you "gave in too easily"???????
Old Sep 9th 2016, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Truck
How long did you stay@ WBT before you "gave in too easily"???????
I was fired for delivering the wrong fuel,,,
Old Sep 15th 2016, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I was fired for delivering the wrong fuel,,,

Lol just like the old days