Westcan Bulk Transport

Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of
Default Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

Originally Posted by dunky
hi julie
i,m dunky do you have the times for the emigrate show in
edinburgh plse and if i could have 2 tickets plse as i,m currently
applying for driving jobs cheers !!! dunky
Hi Dunky,

The Edinburgh show is at the Royal Highland Centre 23rd Feb (9.30am-5pm) & 24th Feb (9.30am-4pm).

Just email your postal address to us and I will send you two complimentary tickets.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need information and advice about relocating to the Calgary Alberta area.

Take care and we'll see you at the show.

Julie.

Web: www.julieparry.com

Email: [email protected]
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:25 am
Just Joined

trucky9854 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is for Bonnyal. Endorsements not a problem Age might be.If you want to work and earn then you can do a lot worse.Everybody has there opinion and mine is "I am staying until I retire" Bob
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

gimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

I have been driving trucks for less than a year now, but am very keen to come to canada and drive some of the biggest trucks- logging trucks something i have always wanted to do.

Can anyone offer advice as to who i should speak to about this and how i can get into this.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:41 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gimley
Hi all

I have been driving trucks for less than a year now, but am very keen to come to canada and drive some of the biggest trucks- logging trucks something i have always wanted to do.

Can anyone offer advice as to who i should speak to about this and how i can get into this.

Thanks
I'd start a new thread about logging if I were you Gimley.
More chance of someone seeing your question that way.
Good luck
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

trucky9854 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ivor_bigun
Hi I am in UK
My mate came out to Westcan From Manchester England Last Year
with Amanda and 2 kids (Saskastoon)
I have lost touch
The Last email I got was he is now in Alberta with a twin tank rig (not Westcan i think)
Any one see John keating a fat bloke usualy with a baldish head goatee beard even and mancunian accent answers to Iceroadjunkie please get in touch
I know he will be on the Winter Road again this season so any one on there get him to email [email protected] UK
tell the fat git email NOW cos I think he may have gone down in the lake
I just want to know he is OK lol
Thanks Ivor_Bigun (my low loader rig in UK)
Hi mate have located John.He has gone back up to Ice for season,HAVE not put your info over radio.Have given my cell no.to a couple of drivers who are going up and they will give my no.When he contacts I will give him your details.He does work for westcan (I think out of Saskatoon) Hopefully this helps and will contact you soon. Bob.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:11 am
Just Joined

ivor_bigun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trucky9854
Hi mate have located John.He has gone back up to Ice for season,HAVE not put your info over radio.Have given my cell no.to a couple of drivers who are going up and they will give my no.When he contacts I will give him your details.He does work for westcan (I think out of Saskatoon) Hopefully this helps and will contact you soon. Bob.
Oh Cheers mate cant thank you enough
lets hope the fat git dont fall through the ice now
Thank you
Mark alias Ivor Bigun
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:58 am
Just Joined

ivor_bigun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ivor_bigun
Oh Cheers mate cant thank you enough
lets hope the fat git dont fall through the ice now
Thank you
Mark alias Ivor Bigun
well I see the ice road closed april 8
come on Broadsword pick up the keyboard
I am still waiting for contact

If any one sees the Bald fat bloke (he discribed himself as this once lol)
get him in to gear to contact me PLEASE
John keating you wally Get IN TOUCH
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Tinni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzyndav
Hi Truckers
I've done it & got the t-shirt, my biggest mistake was going with the wrong company & terminal, BIG MISTAKE. Wife 4 children & dog, bought acerage which we fell in love with on research trip,. kids settled into schools, clubs etc, wife made loads of friends. went to a wedding within the first month of being there,FANTASTIC WEDDING outside. We agree you have got to give it at least 4mths, as the trucks are older than here, roads are dead straight, you might change gear twice in 2hrs!! its easier than UK to find your way around. Training, well, certain terminals haven't a clue at all. & they drum into you when there on research, if wheels aren't moving then you aren't earning, THAT'S THE PROBLEM, NOT ENOUGH WORK!!& not earning money.
So don't say it is our ATTITUDE, in some cases yes but not in ours, we'd still be there if it wasn't for a certain TERMINAL.
Hi There
We also moved to Edmonton and returned. We are looking for many others who went with westcan and returned i know there were quite a lot we had our lives destroyed because of this company.We lost thousands trying to make it work we were exploited beyond beleif lies about pay, hours and sponsorship.We returned after 2 years with nothing totally broken.I am in the process of trying to find as many other drivers as i can i have quite a lot of evidence and i am going to fight it all the way.All i can say is you didnt fail they failed you.Be proud of what you did it would have worked for you if it wasnt for this arseole company.Westcan watch this space us brits dont take it lying down.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gimley
Hi all

Thanks
Avoid Westcan Bulk Transport like the plague.Exploiting foreign workers like it is a game .My life and that of my family were ruined because of this company.Anyone else been to Edmonton to truck drive and returned broken as we did get in touch there are lots of us.Westcan you better watch out.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:35 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm....... can't see this thread lasting
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

dunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi people whats happened at Westcan then is this at Edmonton only or is it at Calgary as well ?????
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

someones compiling about westcan. I know a few people that work a westcan saskatoon and they are very happy. All I can say is why didnt you leave westcan and work somewhere else there are lost of companies out there.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Hi
We have assisted families who now work for Westcan in Calgary and they appear to be happy with the way they have been treated!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dunky
Hi people whats happened at Westcan then is this at Edmonton only or is it at Calgary as well ?????
I can only speak for Edmonton terminal, also only in the time i was there 2005.I dont know anything about Calgary.Loads of brits went through crap at this time.They were firing them left ,right and centre.If youre face didnt fit you may as well forget it. It didnt matter to them if you had no money a family or anything .They were treating the brits like s..t .They would say shut up and put up,and if you dont like the way we are f... off back home.They didnt care that you brought your family over to emigrate.That all you had worked for in the uk all your life you had used to move and set up a new life.You were working with a gun to your head. Do as they say or you will not be sponsored.I have seen a grown man crying in westcan yard telling me he was a broken man and he couldn't do another day ( that is sad to see) he to returned.The little fat bald bloke and his puppets are total aresoles.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wallace
Hi
We have assisted families who now work for Westcan in Calgary and they appear to be happy with the way they have been treated!
That is good to hear as i said i think it was probably just the Edmonton terminal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.