Westcan Bulk Transport

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

trucky9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

That sounds like VENTURES WEST.I go up to these destinations as well but I try and keep away from most Brits (cos of there whinging).Will ask around Westcan and Ventures drivers I know for you
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

ivor_bigun is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

Originally Posted by trucky9854
:curse:Hi I have been here in Edmonton Terminal with my family for nearly Two years, and I wished I had done it 20 years ago.I have been driving trucks all over Europe and Eastern Bloc for 30 years and have enjoyed myself over here far better than I ever did.The main problem "with brit drivers" is not the company they are working for but their attitude to the company.If you guys want to believe drivers that HAVE a problem with their attitude then stay in the UK. I admit for the first six months (until you finish your training and settling in) it can be difficult,especially for an old dog like me.But with the right attitude,the company will help all the way.Yes I agree there is no consistency in the training programme,(each trainer trains differently) so instead of listening to the wrong drivers (knockers who want money but no work.) come over and make a difference.Dont come with the attitude that a lot of OTHERS have come with, they want the best trucks and trailers,they won't work after 6pm,they don't work weekends,what are they Truckers or WIMPS. I am on a 4 Days on 4 Days off schedule and earning more than I was in the UK.SO DONT KNOCK BEFORE YOU TRY IT
My mate will tell you I am a wimp then I only do 4 1/2 days now no weekends finish at 4.30 through week and lunch on Fridays No Weekends in 5 years But I do get paid well Catterpillar is our parent company But I have done my share of distance work 14 years of the ALPS all weathers I know what its like to fit snow chains in the cold. I think some of the Ice road veterans would shiver at some of the swiss passes no barriers and sheet ice on a 1 in 3 with z bends for 20 miles shunting to get round we tok the ski lifts and supplies to the top
I class this job as semi retirement LOL
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

That sounds like VENTURES WEST.I go up to these destinations as well but I try and keep away from most Brits (cos of there whinging).Will ask around Westcan and Ventures drivers I know for you
he's not a whinger lol Hypercondriac may be ! but defo not a whinger
He too funnily enough avoids the brits "The shopping trolley drivers " he calls them ex tesco etc
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

trucky9854 is an unknown quantity at this point

There seems to be a lot of Ex Distribution drivers here,A proper days work would kill them
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:04 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivor_bigun
Cheers Thanks
I drive for Finnings UK all Catterpillar stuff BTW I am a Yorkshire tyke even though my best mate was from over the Pennines Lancashire
last message I got from John says "well im going to be working out of edmonton now, pulling super b tankers , call them tanker yankers! will be travellin to bc, yukon , northwest terrortries" that was b4 the ice road opened He was on the ice last season too.
It will be a small world if you can pass on my message and should cheer him up abit
and our calling sig in UK was always "Broadsword calling Danyboy" from the film with Richard burton
SO if you were to try that on the RIG Broadsword calling Danny boy in your best UK richard burton accent I guarantee he will answer cos he,ll know its me lol

I now have an image in my mind of truck drivers all over Canada shouting "Broadsword calling Dannyboy" on their CB's. I'm cursed with too good an imagination
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

There seems to be a lot of Ex Distribution drivers here,A proper days work would kill them
I have a web page thats not been updated for over a year
Johns in there too. Hewdens Stuart is now Finnings Car has changed
I don;t know if i can put a link but all the w's and haulfast.net would work as would 95xf.com can you tell I like the dafxf (paccar now) and its a 105xf My new truck is on order stgo cat 2 this time but not yet know what we get
I reckon Johns been out there 2 & 1/2 years now looking at my web page 95xf dot com
If you see my wifes car Me and John used to go out in it God did we get some looks! Hair dressers car if you see what I mean It was fun to drive over the moors to his house on a sunny day If it was wet I would take mine but on the M62

Last edited by ivor_bigun; Feb 2nd 2008 at 8:49 pm. Reason: missed a bit
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
I now have an image in my mind of truck drivers all over Canada shouting "Broadsword calling Dannyboy" on their CB's. I'm cursed with too good an imagination
It was just a thing we had between us You know what its like on the M25 or M1 with all the crap It was just a way we got in touch on 19 over the dick heads
They won't will they lol I can see it my self now He will think my ghost is haunting him lol

Dont ask the film we argue on that all the time I say The eagle has landed john says some thing else and I know He is right B_gg_r
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

It was just a thing we had between us You know what its like on the M25 or M1 with all the crap It was just a way we got in touch on 19 over the dick heads
They won't will they lol I can see it my self now He will think my ghost is haunting him lol

Dont ask the film we argue on that all the time I say The eagle has landed john says some thing else and I know He is right B_gg_r
where I live now its minus 1 c bit of frost There was 1 inch of snow and the A66 was shut with 150 drivers "stranded" Wimps.... Alan partridge and sweeney is on tv and we are eating the last of our chocolate we got for xmas with a nice Gin & Tonic
If I relocate it will be to Greece where you never see frost I am out there 4 times a year on holiday and intend to move out there to live will drive a 360 truck or tour bus but no distance work LOL
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:45 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

where I live now its minus 1 c bit of frost There was 1 inch of snow and the A66 was shut with 150 drivers "stranded" Wimps.... Alan partridge and sweeney is on tv and we are eating the last of our chocolate we got for xmas with a nice Gin & Tonic
If I relocate it will be to Greece where you never see frost I am out there 4 times a year on holiday and intend to move out there to live will drive a 360 truck or tour bus but no distance work LOL
Well it's good here today -18 and very little wind, the ice fishing competition has just finished on the frozen lake and they are probably heading for the bar until the RCMP go home .

The roads very rarely close in Saskatchewan as its pretty flat so the wind tends to blow the snow off the roads. Had my first experience of driving in a white out this week that was an experience. My OH is a truck driver and rang me from Arkansaw yesterday a lot warmer than here. He is due to get into Toronto in an hour or two then make his way back home, should take him a day or two. He'd sound good calling your mate on the CB as we are Welsh and I'm sure he can take off Richard Burton

I will admit to having a bottle of Canadian to celebrate Wales beating England in the rugby

Greece sounds fantastic, we've been to Corfu and loved it there. Mal had a greek driving partner last week, he's been in Canada 13 years or so but may be on his way to Australia cos it's cold
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Well it's good here today -18 and very little wind, the ice fishing competition has just finished on the frozen lake and they are probably heading for the bar until the RCMP go home .

The roads very rarely close in Saskatchewan as its pretty flat so the wind tends to blow the snow off the roads. Had my first experience of driving in a white out this week that was an experience. My OH is a truck driver and rang me from Arkansaw yesterday a lot warmer than here. He is due to get into Toronto in an hour or two then make his way back home, should take him a day or two. He'd sound good calling your mate on the CB as we are Welsh and I'm sure he can take off Richard Burton

I will admit to having a bottle of Canadian to celebrate Wales beating England in the rugby

Greece sounds fantastic, we've been to Corfu and loved it there. Mal had a greek driving partner last week, he's been in Canada 13 years or so but may be on his way to Australia cos it's cold
Done all the islands will move to the mainland or Crete Where there is work in winter will be out there in 5 weeks just holiday though
I think the Broadsword Calling Dannyboy will jog my mates memmory to either call or mail me lol And If he thinks Richard Burton in person is calling him he will freak out lol we still used that on the chat sites But since he moved north lost touch. I hope he is OK
I have the web cam feed from alberta airport to check on the weather
hope your OH gets home safe I feel I know the canada well from my mates chat I even had my own room in his old house but now he is further North I have not yet got the latest photos My B in law is in Atlanta working for Coke
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:14 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Done all the islands will move to the mainland or Crete Where there is work in winter will be out there in 5 weeks just holiday though
I think the Broadsword Calling Dannyboy will jog my mates memmory to either call or mail me lol And If he thinks Richard Burton in person is calling him he will freak out lol we still used that on the chat sites But since he moved north lost touch. I hope he is OK
I have the web cam feed from alberta airport to check on the weather
hope your OH gets home safe I feel I know the canada well from my mates chat I even had my own room in his old house but now he is further North I have not yet got the latest photos My B in law is in Atlanta working for Coke
Oooo, what does he think of Atlanta, I found it big and soul-less. We did the touristy things like the underground tunnels and the Coca cola building but were dissappointed, spent most of our time dodging the beggars who wanted to become our "friends"
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Oooo, what does he think of Atlanta, I found it big and soul-less. We did the touristy things like the underground tunnels and the Coca cola building but were dissappointed, spent most of our time dodging the beggars who wanted to become our "friends"
Loves it been there 7 year Works at the Coke building
he has changed a bit since he got there Now he has got a Huge redneck pickup and a condo up on the lake lives on the outskirts HARTWELL, GA
DULUTH, GA not been yet Plan to visit both in one trip week in canada week in GA
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

The film is.......Wait for it !!!!!!!!!!

"Where Eagles Dare"

Starring the greatest actor ever - R.Burton & Clint Eastwood when the drop into the mountains to gain the info on German spies. It is the film with the fight on the cable car going up to the castle on top of the mountain

The Eagle has landed is the story of the German unit deployed to Kill Churchill.

I know ...........SPOTTER

Like this watch "The Wild Geese"....class

Epic war pic where Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood manage to unmask most of the German spy network in England, slip Jerry the wrong plans for the second front, kill the leading members of the Abwehr in Southern Bavaria, and destroy half of the local Wehrmacht- all in a little over two hours. Terrific score by Ron Goodwin, great action sequences and a commanding performance by Burton give this the "must see" imprimateur. Meanwhile it's obvious why the Nazis lost the war- since they rate one worse than Imperial Stormtroopers in the "can't hit the broadside of a barn" shooting stakes. Our plucky Allied troops more or less shoot themselves out of anywhere and anything....

However the radio call-sign "Broadsword calling Danny Boy" is now part of British folklore; the cable-car sequence is unmatched in spectacle; and the whole film makes you cheer up and feel better about the world. For once the Brits are portrayed as cooly proficient rather than public school chumps. What with the Yanks playing second fiddle, it's almost like the good old days ....

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Feb 2nd 2008 at 11:10 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

julieandchris will become famous soon enoughjulieandchris will become famous soon enough

I seen john about 3 months back driving grain trailer (super B) just east of saskatoon and he was still driving westcan truck..
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
The film is.......Wait for it !!!!!!!!!!

"Where Eagles Dare"

Starring the greatest actor ever - R.Burton & Clint Eastwood when the drop into the mountains to gain the info on German spies. It is the film with the fight on the cable car going up to the castle on top of the mountain

The Eagle has landed is the story of the German unit deployed to Kill Churchill.

I know ...........SPOTTER

Like this watch "The Wild Geese"....class

Epic war pic where Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood manage to unmask most of the German spy network in England, slip Jerry the wrong plans for the second front, kill the leading members of the Abwehr in Southern Bavaria, and destroy half of the local Wehrmacht- all in a little over two hours. Terrific score by Ron Goodwin, great action sequences and a commanding performance by Burton give this the "must see" imprimateur. Meanwhile it's obvious why the Nazis lost the war- since they rate one worse than Imperial Stormtroopers in the "can't hit the broadside of a barn" shooting stakes. Our plucky Allied troops more or less shoot themselves out of anywhere and anything....

However the radio call-sign "Broadsword calling Danny Boy" is now part of British folklore; the cable-car sequence is unmatched in spectacle; and the whole film makes you cheer up and feel better about the world. For once the Brits are portrayed as cooly proficient rather than public school chumps. What with the Yanks playing second fiddle, it's almost like the good old days ....
Thats IT MY mind is getting old now I am going senile.
Thats the 2 films we argue on I always said Wild Geese cos I thought it was RoGer Moore and it was my wife who said The eagle has landed John I think had it right Where Eagles Dare. What call sign did Roger? use when He was calling in When HE said " it was like a tin man with a a finger up his backside" and the Hercules was told "pass them by"

WEll if you see him again please pass on my regards tell him Danny Boy is waiting........ He always had to be Broadsword LOL My personal is Mark btw

Thanks for your help every one and I hope I put a smile on some faces in the process. I had been searching all the sites and this looked the most promising to make contact. Is trucking still like it was in the old days??? I bet every one still waves to a truck from the same company over there too. or same town.
I have that still here in UK almost every Low Loader I pass will flash even though I never seem them before in my life. I used to wind John up with that , when we running together. He was pulling a curtain trl in UK and I always used to say why dont curtain side drivers wave to each other???????????? as the other heavy boys flashed me.
You dont see "sales Reps" or other people out on the road do that.
I also used to wind him up when we were in my wifes car ((pic on my site)95xf.com) I used to flash Ferraris and Lambos or other exec softops.. trust me you would laugh if you saw her car. but it WAS assembled by Pinnan Ferina in Italy. and the Ivor Bigun applies to my WIFE too she is 6ft ( her nick name is Tree or "Auntie Tree " to John her Real name is Teresa) and dwarfs John. Oh me 6ft 3

Last edited by ivor_bigun; Feb 3rd 2008 at 8:19 am. Reason: and theres more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.