Westcan Bulk Transport

Old Jan 18th 2008, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of
Default Westcan Bulk Transport

Hi,

Just to let those drivers who don't know that Westcan Bulk Transport (www.westcanbulktransport.com) are going to be at two of the Emigrate shows looking to recruit long haul drivers.

They will be at the Edinburgh Show (Royal Highland Centre) 23rd-24th Feb and at Belfast (Kings Hall) 8th-9th March.

They will not be at the Sandown (Surrey) show on 1st-2nd March as they will be at an Emigrate show in Holland on this particular weekend, but we will be there with information packs from Westcan (we will be at all 3 Emigrate shows).

We moved to Canada ourselves in 2006 and now assist other to do the same in the Calgary Alberta area.

We take great pride in ensuring the relocation goes as smoothly as possible and have helped UK truck drivers and their families to make the move to Calgary to start their new North American lives and careers.

We have a limited supply of complimentary tickets so please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like some tickets.

Take care, Eddie and Julie
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Scott66 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

Originally Posted by wallace
Hi,

Just to let those drivers who don't know that Westcan Bulk Transport (www.westcanbulktransport.com) are going to be at two of the Emigrate shows looking to recruit long haul drivers.

They will be at the Edinburgh Show (Royal Highland Centre) 23rd-24th Feb and at Belfast (Kings Hall) 8th-9th March.

They will not be at the Sandown (Surrey) show on 1st-2nd March as they will be at an Emigrate show in Holland on this particular weekend, but we will be there with information packs from Westcan (we will be at all 3 Emigrate shows).

We moved to Canada ourselves in 2006 and now assist other to do the same in the Calgary Alberta area.

We take great pride in ensuring the relocation goes as smoothly as possible and have helped UK truck drivers and their families to make the move to Calgary to start their new North American lives and careers.

We have a limited supply of complimentary tickets so please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like some tickets.

Take care, Eddie and Julie
Not posted on ere for a while but saw this one. Do you know why they have chosen holland over the biggest flagship emmigrate show at sandown. they are going to scotland and norhten ireland but not the biggest show of them all in england....is there a reason for this, why they will prefer holland on that day.

maybe because they have been having problems with english drivers.

any ideas anyone
Old Jan 18th 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

julieandchris will become famous soon enoughjulieandchris will become famous soon enough

I think there English supply of drivers has ran out especially for the saskatoon terminal, but perhaps before they keep going on there recruitment crusades they should consider going on a man management course! just my opinion...chris
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

suzyndav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by julieandchris
I think there English supply of drivers has ran out especially for the saskatoon terminal, but perhaps before they keep going on there recruitment crusades they should consider going on a man management course! just my opinion...chris
Hi julieandchris

We totally agree, they've not got a clue at training or management, esspecially at certain terminals!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:36 am
Just Joined

trucky9854 is an unknown quantity at this point

:curse:Hi I have been here in Edmonton Terminal with my family for nearly Two years, and I wished I had done it 20 years ago.I have been driving trucks all over Europe and Eastern Bloc for 30 years and have enjoyed myself over here far better than I ever did.The main problem "with brit drivers" is not the company they are working for but their attitude to the company.If you guys want to believe drivers that HAVE a problem with their attitude then stay in the UK. I admit for the first six months (until you finish your training and settling in) it can be difficult,especially for an old dog like me.But with the right attitude,the company will help all the way.Yes I agree there is no consistency in the training programme,(each trainer trains differently) so instead of listening to the wrong drivers (knockers who want money but no work.) come over and make a difference.Dont come with the attitude that a lot of OTHERS have come with, they want the best trucks and trailers,they won't work after 6pm,they don't work weekends,what are they Truckers or WIMPS. I am on a 4 Days on 4 Days off schedule and earning more than I was in the UK.SO DONT KNOCK BEFORE YOU TRY IT
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:35 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trucky9854
:curse:Hi I have been here in Edmonton Terminal with my family for nearly Two years, and I wished I had done it 20 years ago.I have been driving trucks all over Europe and Eastern Bloc for 30 years and have enjoyed myself over here far better than I ever did.The main problem "with brit drivers" is not the company they are working for but their attitude to the company.If you guys want to believe drivers that HAVE a problem with their attitude then stay in the UK. I admit for the first six months (until you finish your training and settling in) it can be difficult,especially for an old dog like me.But with the right attitude,the company will help all the way.Yes I agree there is no consistency in the training programme,(each trainer trains differently) so instead of listening to the wrong drivers (knockers who want money but no work.) come over and make a difference.Dont come with the attitude that a lot of OTHERS have come with, they want the best trucks and trailers,they won't work after 6pm,they don't work weekends,what are they Truckers or WIMPS. I am on a 4 Days on 4 Days off schedule and earning more than I was in the UK.SO DONT KNOCK BEFORE YOU TRY IT
Someone upset you chucky?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

I have to agree with everything you said there, i work for Triangle/Edge out of Saskatoon, the job is good, no worries there. i have decided to knock it on the head, my reasons are the driving is not for me,i miss my home comforts, Canada is lovely, the canadian people are about the best on the planet, my problems are, friends, british pubs,shopping is a nightmare,i cant get into a routine, and my football,i didnt know we would be having 9 months of snow. Im off work at the moment with Bronchitis, so maybe thats having an effect on my decision, i have been here 4 months, some may say "thats not long enough" your right, i like the job, the company, i dont want to extend my stay and end up rebelling,i know my friends are going to pretty Pi**ed at my decision. My friends in the UK have said "Dont come back Yet" I have tried it, im pleased with that. Canada is not for eerybody, i came here positive and professional, i have enjoyed my time here with a good company, i would most certainly recommend them. I may be going to Texas on saturday, im looking forward to it. If i can help with any questions regarding Triangle/Edge please ask. Regards Phil
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Funny, I say that about worldwide driver's who travel to Australia, all have a moan in some way or other, the english or as aussies say Poms, would have to be the biggest lot of whingers out, (In Australian Trucking) that is, cant comment on Canada, but last week was at Sth Mimms Truckstop overnight, talked to a guy there who hacked Canada for 2-months, his main concern was his mateship back in UK, he missed the clubbing etc. Bottom-line is he didnt give it a chance, how can you expect to adapt in 8 weeks impossible.

The aussies made a folk song out of the whingers from the old UK, and its quite true not only in trucking but in a lot of trades.... Song name is:

(Iam willy the Whinging Pom) by Country & Western Singer Ted Egan

(Women - Wouldnt complain that much)

Last edited by bigwheels241; Jan 31st 2008 at 3:20 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Firstly I will answer Koogar,YES mate all the brits that come here,Some have done there homework and found out about the culture,weather etc.They settle and fit in,The others that come are wasters who havent done any background checks on anything,then start moaning,demanding as soon as they arrive,They are giving Brit drivers a bad name,and that is probably one reason why Westcan are going to Holland for the extra seminar.
Now my answer to Royal Green Jackets,Fairplay to you,have given it a go but here in Edmonton the shopping is better,there are English pubs.But why go to an Eng.pub you are in CANADA.You can also get UK football here.Are you just using these things as an excuse ?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:16 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly I will answer Koogar,YES mate all the brits that come here,Some have done there homework and found out about the culture,weather etc.They settle and fit in,The others that come are wasters who havent done any background checks on anything,then start moaning,demanding as soon as they arrive,They are giving Brit drivers a bad name,and that is probably one reason why Westcan are going to Holland for the extra seminar.
Now my answer to Royal Green Jackets,Fairplay to you,have given it a go but here in Edmonton the shopping is better,there are English pubs.But why go to an Eng.pub you are in CANADA.You can also get UK football here.Are you just using these things as an excuse ?
Hi Trucky.
Yea, I didn't mind Edmonton. I ran turnpikes to Lloydminster & back every night for a couple of months from there. Never really lived there though, unless you count the Flying J.
There are some decent pubs in Saskatoon. There's a English pub on 21st st called Winstons, davids lizard lounge on circle and the Fox & Hounds is pretty good for food and a game of pool. Sure, Edmonton is bigger, but I always found whatever I wanted in Stoon.
Like you said Trucky, Phil (RGJ) has given it a go and it wasn't for him. At least he tried it instead of just dreaming about it like a lot of people do.
Good luck to you Phil,
Koog.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

I really dont know if they are excuses, i have wanted to move to Canada for a number of years, i got here, i just cant get into a routine, here i am now, a number of days off, im doing nothing, it is my decision to call it a day, nobody has influenced it, i have weighed everything up, the pluses and minuses.will i regret the backtracking, i guess i will have to wait and see.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Phil Did you make the right decision to come,only you can answer that. I personally think you have'nt given it enough time.I truthfully wanted,up to four months of being here,to go back to UK,because I found with training,(I am old dog and very difficult to train),and a Canadian trainer who had been driving Trucks for 5 years telling me I was doing it all wrong,was'nt used to mountains,and was going to s**t myself when winter came,as I explained before I have driven across Europe and Eastern bloc and over the Alps so I think I had as much experience, if not more than him.Now who is still driving trucks and who has given up,(I am still with Westcan).As for friends,we have more Canadian friends than Uk.My wife after being here less than 2 weeks declared that she felt at home.This is not meant to sound disrespectful to you,but have you really made an effort to make friends here.Did you come with family or on your own?.Because that can make a vast difference.Are you trucking from Can. to US or just Canada ?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

ivor_bigun is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

Hi I am in UK
My mate came out to Westcan From Manchester England Last Year
with Amanda and 2 kids (Saskastoon)
I have lost touch
The Last email I got was he is now in Alberta with a twin tank rig (not Westcan i think)
Any one see John keating a fat bloke usualy with a baldish head goatee beard even and mancunian accent answers to Iceroadjunkie please get in touch
I know he will be on the Winter Road again this season so any one on there get him to email [email protected] UK
tell the fat git email NOW cos I think he may have gone down in the lake
I just want to know he is OK lol
Thanks Ivor_Bigun (my low loader rig in UK)
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mate Thanks for E.Mail. I will make enquiries for you when I am back in (Tues) The guys are preparing now to go up on Ice roads.He could be with ROBINSONS (RTL) or VENTURES WEST or ECL (ECONOMY).they are the main ones that go up on the Ice.If I have any luck locating him I will pass on your msg.Best of luck and Safe driving.(I used to drive low loaders,180 ton,for RANGE in London ) Bob
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

ivor_bigun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mate Thanks for E.Mail. I will make enquiries for you when I am back in (Tues) The guys are preparing now to go up on Ice roads.He could be with ROBINSONS (RTL) or VENTURES WEST or ECL (ECONOMY).they are the main ones that go up on the Ice.If I have any luck locating him I will pass on your msg.Best of luck and Safe driving.(I used to drive low loaders,180 ton,for RANGE in London ) Bob
Cheers Thanks
I drive for Finnings UK all Catterpillar stuff BTW I am a Yorkshire tyke even though my best mate was from over the Pennines Lancashire
last message I got from John says "well im going to be working out of edmonton now, pulling super b tankers , call them tanker yankers! will be travellin to bc, yukon , northwest terrortries" that was b4 the ice road opened He was on the ice last season too.
It will be a small world if you can pass on my message and should cheer him up abit
and our calling sig in UK was always "Broadsword calling Danyboy" from the film with Richard burton
SO if you were to try that on the RIG Broadsword calling Danny boy in your best UK richard burton accent I guarantee he will answer cos he,ll know its me lol

Last edited by ivor_bigun; Feb 2nd 2008 at 6:47 pm. Reason: forgot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.