Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Watt and Stewart wanting drivers

Watt and Stewart wanting drivers

Old Jan 15th 2013, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Watt and Stewart wanting drivers

Watt & Stewart Commodities Inc.

Title: Long haul truck driver (Company Driver)

Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, On Call

Salary: $53,628.00 Yearly, for 70.00 Hours per week, Mileage Paid

Start date: As soon as possible

Education: Not applicable, Not required

Driver's Licence (Class 1 or A)

Experience an asset

Languages: Speak English

Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer

Type of Travel: International

Documentation knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports

Communication Equipment Experience: Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment

Weight Handling:
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)

Duties:
- Loading and unloading of goods,
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo,
- Use atlases and other trip planning aids,
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment

Additional Skills: Mountain driving expertise, Professionalism in customer service

Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test

Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots

Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding

Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Valid driver's licence

Work Location Information: Willing to relocate

Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making

By Mail:
4134 3rd St East
Claresholm, Alberta
T0L 0T0

In Person between 9:00 and 17:00:
4134 3rd St East
Claresholm, Alberta
T0L 0T0

By Phone between 9:00 and 17:00: (403) 625-4436

By Fax: (403) 625-4185

Online: http://www.wattstewart.com
Old Jan 15th 2013, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Watt and Stewart wanting drivers

$53K for 70 hours a week ain't much
Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb33
$53K for 70 hours a week ain't much
nope it isn't but if they have lmo`s it might be a way for other uk drivers to work in canada
Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

WIND UP
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

If this is true, it works out to $14.73 an hour, a whopping 73 cents an hour more than my missus gets, sticking labels on boxes of dog food.
No wonder Canadians won't work there.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Link to the original ad on Kijiji for the non believers , I only copied and pasted because some can't be arsed to click on a link .

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-driv...AdIdZ447932109
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

This Kijiji ad must be showing the wrong figures or you've sabotaged it kb33 because on their website they say they pay "one of the best compensation packages in the entire industry."
Any W&S drivers on here ?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Every Trucking company website say they pay "one of the best compensation packages"

And how the hell have I sabotaged an ad on Kijiji
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

And how the hell have I sabotaged an ad on Kijiji [/QUOTE]
perhaps your a super computer geek/hacker and your talent is waisted as a trucker
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

All the guys at Watt speak very highly of them.

I 'd guess you could average $800-1000 net pw?

The only rumble I've heard is that John Stewart's sons are running it rather more than previously, the old man was mustard, unfortunately the boys are still learning.

The last 2 I know of who left went because of the mire involved in getting PR in Alberta, not the company. Both went to Manitoba.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Thought Mick Fly said he was averaging $25 an hour there , He spoke highly of them , Which is saying something !
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Thought Mick Fly said he was averaging $25 an hour there , He spoke highly of them , Which is saying something !
Mickfly If you believe half his nonsense you must live in Neverland . The bloke did a few months with Hit and Run and ran home , then did a summer with Watt and Stewart and ran home again , hardly the basis for factual knowledge
This is a geezer who prefers Bradford to Canada
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Mickfly If you believe half his nonsense you must live in Neverland . The bloke did a few months with Hit and Run and ran home , then did a summer with Watt and Stewart and ran home again , hardly the basis for factual knowledge
Mick did a year at Watt & was happy, he went home for the birth of his first grandchild. He did not do the summer only.

He had a bad time at H&R & chose to publicise it. He lost a lot of money at the time & wanted to save others from the grief he had.

He said when he went to Watt he only wanted the work, not PR. Though he may well come back for 2 more years in October.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by alandoug
All the guys at Watt speak very highly of them.

I 'd guess you could average $800-1000 net pw?

The only rumble I've heard is that John Stewart's sons are running it rather more than previously, the old man was mustard, unfortunately the boys are still learning.

The last 2 I know of who left went because of the mire involved in getting PR in Alberta, not the company. Both went to Manitoba.

I know 5 british guy's went to work there and allready had there PR's,They have all left there now,They all told me they couldn't live on $700.00 per week,But they said it was a nice enough job.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Jeez FTTM, I'm on here spouting enough for you to know that I turned down a 2 yr LMO after a full year with them due to the birth of our first Grandchild as Alan Douglas says above.

I got decent miles and earned a good sum, banking plenty, and had NO complaints about them whatsoever, which might make you consider I was right about H&R, seeing that W&S is flatdeck in all weathers, so hardly shopping trolly work like most are looking for.

Yes, I may be back to take the 2 yr permit in the future, I don't need PR as I have property and brass in Europe, so I am fortunate enough to be able to make choices.

Something about my time there...
http://cathincanada.blogspot.co.uk/2...o-go-home.html

As Alan Douglas also says, I blabbed about H&R to save people from grief, but FTTM still thinks it's sour grapes, or some such thing!

Last edited by mickfly; Jan 17th 2013 at 8:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.