Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Warning on Educational proof for AINP

Warning on Educational proof for AINP

Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Warning on Educational proof for AINP

This entry is for all drivers who are thinking about coming to Alberta through the semi-skilled, employer driven AINP scheme.

There has been a recent change on the educational requirements which some may not be aware of.

It has come to light to me today unfortunately through the sad news that someone has been rejected on the first stage at Nomination Certificate due to lack of high school education.

It is required that you have a certificate of proof of all examinations taken when leaving high school. It needs to show you have grades in 5/6 subjects with grades 1,2,3 or 4 under the old C.S.E level, or if under the GCSE, a, b, c, d.

If you are unable to produce evidence that you have completed school with these grades then you can get rejected. If you are rejected your file will be closed . You are however able to sit an exam here in Canada which will supercede any exams you have taken previously and not passed or not even taken. Link below for more information.

“Alberta High School Equivalency Diploma” by completing and passing five General Educational
Development (GED) http://education.alberta.ca/students...ernative2.aspx.

The advice would be to ensure you have all documents for high school in advance and if you do not then you are able to request these from the educational department in the UK who can send you copies of certificates. There are different departments for past results depending on what area in the UK your school was.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_records.php
http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/librar...XAMRECORDS.PDF

If it then shows you do not have enough passes then you will need to arrange to sit the Canadian Exam which is advised to do on arrival to Alberta. .

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning on Educational proof for AINP

Originally Posted by Red1974
This entry is for all drivers who are thinking about coming to Alberta through the semi-skilled, employer driven AINP scheme.

There has been a recent change on the educational requirements which some may not be aware of.

It has come to light to me today unfortunately through the sad news that someone has been rejected on the first stage at Nomination Certificate due to lack of high school education.

It is required that you have a certificate of proof of all examinations taken when leaving high school. It needs to show you have grades in 5/6 subjects with grades 1,2,3 or 4 under the old C.S.E level, or if under the GCSE, a, b, c, d.

If you are unable to produce evidence that you have completed school with these grades then you can get rejected. If you are rejected your file will be closed . You are however able to sit an exam here in Canada which will supercede any exams you have taken previously and not passed or not even taken. Link below for more information.

“Alberta High School Equivalency Diploma” by completing and passing five General Educational
Development (GED) http://education.alberta.ca/students...ernative2.aspx.

The advice would be to ensure you have all documents for high school in advance and if you do not then you are able to request these from the educational department in the UK who can send you copies of certificates. There are different departments for past results depending on what area in the UK your school was.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_records.php

If it then shows you do not have enough passes then you will need to arrange to sit the Canadian Exam which is advised to do on arrival to Alberta. .

Hope this helps.
That would cover about 90% of H&Rs drivers
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
That would cover about 90% of H&Rs drivers
lucky for me not my husband
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Interesting post .. As my old school got knocked down in the early nineties , How would I provide these certificates ? My education authority doesn't keep records either , All theoretical of course as I have PR.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
Interesting post .. As my old school got knocked down in the early nineties , How would I provide these certificates ? My education authority doesn't keep records either , All theoretical of course as I have PR.
does that mean you are really old then

seriously the link to AQA should be able to help as they are the main admin centre for the UK, and would also be able to give advice on what to do next if there were problems...... http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_records.php
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

What if I left without any certificates
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

What if I left without any certificates
The advice i was given you would have to sit exams here in Canada which would then equate to the UK qualifications. You would have to pay yourself also.

The link to this information is on my original post.

Anything i can help you with....lol
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah yes just re read it
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Good.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anything i can help you with....lol
Yeah .. Why didn't the guy who got his file closed take the exam ?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know the full circumstances with his file but I suspect he was not fully aware of any problems until he was rejected and why that is I don't know
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Good.
Excellent constructive post there curt .. You must have been up all night thinking that one up ...
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes just re read it
This is probably why you left school with no certificates...

Lets face it if some one leaves school after 10-11 years with no passed exams and or has not kept their school records then they deserve to be rejected
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Also had to provide proof of education for MPNP application.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:52 am
Just Joined

dirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Also had to provide proof of education for MPNP application.
Well I think I might be screwed, just got job offer with H&R and have also excepted a price on the house. Education = 4 CSE's all grade 5 and NVQ level 4 in Management studies.
Anybody got a spare wand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.