Wannabe Canadian Truckers

Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Wannabe Canadian Truckers

Just alittle bit of info for all those truckers who want to move to Canada

"Please do not take everything you read on this site to heart".

I love this site and I love the thread I started "Wages for Truckers", but I do not want you to be put off by the bad points which I know will be hard to do - each to there own and all that.

There was a family who were looking into moving to Canada but they were put of by the negitivity in some threads. Please do not get me wrong, It is hard, the money is not as good as the UK, your Husband or wife will be away for days at a time, the weather is freezing in winter, the food may be more expensive and the work is hard and you may get lonely....................but saying this "I can't wait to move".

Please think of all the pros and cons before you decide that it is what you want as otherwise it will work out as a ver costly mistake.

Good Luck and I wish you all the best for the future.

Karla x x x
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: Wannabe Canadian Truckers

Thanks for that. I guess life is what you make it right?
Im not a trucker myself, but i acctually thought about going down this route as ive always had a keen interest in the job, and one of my previous odd jobs here was driving. I unserstand Canada needs truck drivers?

I only just found this section of the forum. Looks a good place to find out more about this route, definately!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Thanks for that. I guess life is what you make it right?
Im not a trucker myself, but i acctually thought about going down this route as ive always had a keen interest in the job, and one of my previous odd jobs here was driving. I unserstand Canada needs truck drivers?

I only just found this section of the forum. Looks a good place to find out more about this route, definately!
It is a really good place and the "Wages for Truckers" thread has loads of great info, but you may want to take small breaks in between pages as there is over 50 odd pages, plus alot of it gets heated.

Well the best of luck and if there is anything I can do to help, then please just give me a shout.

Karla x x x x
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

There is also a fantastic Blog by Lyndon.

Its http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/ and it is a fantastic read and gives great advice.

Karla x x x x
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Excellent thanks. I will read that now.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

No worries, I'm just here to help.

Karla x x x
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karla03
There is also a fantastic Blog by Lyndon.

Its http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/ and it is a fantastic read and gives great advice.

Karla x x x x
Don't be suprised if your message gets deleted, I put a thread on the main forum with Lyndon's blog. It got deleted, and I have been threatened with a ban. I was very careful with the wording, and stayed very positive - but at the end of the day, the moderators do not want people viewing Lyndons blog, as it shows how badly he has been treated by BE.