Wages for Truckers

Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by gearjammer01
it is quite simple guys, we all looked at Canada as been a change of what we have over here,for whatever reason,do you agree, but we still made the move I think there should be more info available on all aspects,
This forum is full of info, you just have to take the time and read it, infact their is no other website that has more info and personal experiences of Canadawe each meet new challenges differently, and I am sure you will all agree that hind sight is twenty twenty vision, I know I suffered from the cultural differences quite badly and I had to adjust to the way things are in Canada, when I accepted the changes without trying to change them, I got on quite well until I had to return to the UK, despite the difficulties I am now looking at returning. basically what I mean is if someone is going to go then after collecting as much info as possible,they still have to be flexible in their approach and try hard to make it work.
So whats holding you back?? you seem to have all the answers from your first time here, you seem to know the pitt falls. Youve done the work and have a class 1, out of any of us that came across you should now be better equiped and prepared.
it seems to me that gremmie and BT just like to sit on here and pick out fault with evryone elses posts. instead of trying to help
Their have I picked enough out of your post !!!!!???? What help do you need ?? You've done it all before, which bits dont you know about ???
come on guys people are looking for your advice not criticism,from experienced guys.
When you know what you want ask your questions and we will answer them except BT who will criticize them, as I am sure you would agree
Old Aug 25th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Ha ha Gremmie your so nice to BT.
Anyway east european drivers are bad because they just want to work for the money and that means they are willing to stay out for longer on the road and will bend far more easily than say a driver from a reputable company. damage is high on the whole with these guys because they dont care about being a driver of some standard, prob dont even know what that means. I'm talking from experience here too. Polish and Hungarian drivers are ok if they come from the big companies like Hungarocamion and the like.

Loafy...

By the way Bulk carriers PEI are coming over to the UK in a week or so to recruit. So anyone looking to come to Atlantic canada keep an eye on the papers.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Gremmie,try cutting out the sarcasm,it can be off putting to new members.
This guy returned to Scotland(I know ) back in 2007 due to family problems ,lots have changed here since then so give one of the better drivers a break and allow him the time and space to enquire about trucking in Canada for ex-pats in 2011/12 without the likes of you taking the piss.

Regards the Scottish comment,Porridge Wogs deserve all they get .
Old Aug 26th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Gremmie,try cutting out the sarcasm,it can be off putting to new members.
This guy returned to Scotland(I know ) back in 2007 due to family problems ,lots have changed here since then so give one of the better drivers a break and allow him the time and space to enquire about trucking in Canada for ex-pats in 2011/12 without the likes of you taking the piss.

Regards the Scottish comment,Porridge Wogs deserve all they get .
Where have I taken the piss??? he thinks their should be more info readily available, and stated he spent a day reading every thing here. HE ANSWERED HIS OWN QUESTION ffs all the info he could need from CIC problems to tax to buying frickin Marmite is on BE 1000 times
He states that newbies have to learn how to adapt and accept the Canadain way. Then he tells us that after his initial problems he also went with the flow and got on alot better So what is his problem, what does he want from us??? he's been here learnt the job and done it right
And yes I pointed out that he has answered his own questions, so where is that taking the piss, when is he going to ask a specific question.??
Old Aug 26th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Taking the piss and sarcasm are different,maybe it's just your curt manner

Anyhow the wee haggis muncher can be classed in the top grade for expat drivers regards ability,work ethic and general demeanour.A top man who's deserves to succeed here, and will should he decide to return.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyhow the wee haggis muncher can be classed in the top grade for expat drivers regards ability,work ethic and general demeanour.A top man who's deserves to succeed here, and will should he decide to return.
I think he's looking at NS,NB area, low wages over there
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont have time for flowery chit chat, I have a trucking company to run in between posts.
But I will ask how you know that he's a good driver, did you run together often and whitness all these wonderful atributes you have listed ??? Or is only the impression you got from chating with him at some point ?? Just out of interest you know.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I think he's looking at NS,NB area, low wages over there
Oi Gremmie we dont have low wages, i earn a decent wage. 64K is good over here and our cost of living is less than anywhere west of Montreal.

Loafy...
Old Aug 27th 2011, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

I dont have time for flowery chit chat, I have a trucking company to run in between posts.
But I will ask how you know that he's a good driver, did you run together often and whitness all these wonderful atributes you have listed ??? Or is only the impression you got from chating with him at some point ?? Just out of interest you know.
Get your bloody spell check working !! Yes we did run together in the depths of winter,and I witnessed what happens when a gust of wind blows your drive axles away from under you whilst driving on ice ,but other respected drivers I know also have nothing but good to say about the man.A good advert for British(oh alright sweaty sock) drivers abroad,unlike some of the tools who come over.
If the company want a load delivered on time,in a professional manner,this guy will get the job done without fuss.Promotion over,are you offering him a job?
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi people not sure if this thread is still going i have been offered a job with canyon tech services working out of red deer and despite trawling the forums and the internet for a few wks cant find anything on them such as are they good to work for or not any info would be appreciated thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by heydon1983
Hi people not sure if this thread is still going i have been offered a job with canyon tech services working out of red deer and despite trawling the forums and the internet for a few wks cant find anything on them such as are they good to work for or not any info would be appreciated thanks
I haul over sized coiled tubing out of Texas for them, thats all I know about them tho..
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

I haul over sized coiled tubing out of Texas for them, thats all I know about them tho..
cheers gremmie do you think that i cant find anybody to say something good or bad about the company is worry
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers gremmie do you think that i cant find anybody to say something good or bad about the company is worry
No news is good news
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

No news is good news
its strange i have been reading all the threads with regards to companys not to work for long haul but all i could find out was what was on the website they seem to be a company who are going places when i had interview they said 1 of the company goals was to be 1 of the top 100 companys to work for in canada
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

its strange i have been reading all the threads with regards to companys not to work for long haul but all i could find out was what was on the website they seem to be a company who are going places when i had interview they said 1 of the company goals was to be 1 of the top 100 companys to work for in canada
I want to win the lottery, but doubt it will ever happen. Talk is cheap in this country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.