Wages for Truckers

Old May 14th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

silentwispers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

hi bigtruck
Ive tryed for big fright they sent all the forms for me to fill out and Ive sent them back. but they warned me they cant replay to me until Juli because they have such a back log on new drivers
Old May 15th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

To Karla,
a trucking company that does not run into the USA may not be a good thing,if Alberta/Sask/Man has a particularly bad snowfall your hubbies miles may go way down (MEANING CRAP WAGES!!! ) where as if he ran into the Southern half of "Uncle Sam" and then back again he will have decent miles.
You say Westcan runs a 5on/3 off shift, I've been told it's actually 6on/3off?
Old May 15th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
To Karla,
a trucking company that does not run into the USA may not be a good thing,if Alberta/Sask/Man has a particularly bad snowfall your hubbies miles may go way down (MEANING CRAP WAGES!!! ) where as if he ran into the Southern half of "Uncle Sam" and then back again he will have decent miles.
You say Westcan runs a 5on/3 off shift, I've been told it's actually 6on/3off?
The rules for 6 on 3 off are changing next month due to new regulations. After May it will be 5 on and 3 off.
Old May 15th 2007, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi to all
bison transport also tryed for but must go there or or go over a private recruiter been reading the Germany trucker net what Germany drivers are going through to work for bison transport .
1, they meet on a petrol station some where on a motorway (truck stop)Germany
organized from the private recruiter.
2 get promise the world, fill out paperwork.
sorry but this hears like getting the cattle ready for slaughter ,
they also pay for this, 8000 cad to do paperwork not sure on the flight,
organise bank account in Canada, also hotel meet them from the flight take them to the firm and dump them there, that's it for 8000 cad,
OK we all need alittel bit advice on paperwork and a lot of commonsense,
a decent firm pays for the flight over helps with paperwork settling in Canada, and paying for the hotel,while we train for the three weeks and get paid hourly rate for this. this is the offer from yanke, i see it this way, they want us, we are not begging for the job, they want are skills and are experience and are knowledge we are not stupid we know what its like to be on the road for weeks at a time alone in different lands not knowing what the next day brings.
Defending for our selves, a good driver is when, he gets in to trouble how ever big or small. he can pull him self out of the shit without ringing up a thousand people who cant help you anyway . and loads more.
what i am saying surely we can get off the plane alone, get a hotel alone, get a bank account alone, and other things, its complete stupid to pay any body for this. whats this driver going to do when he is on the road, pay for some one to go with him.
pete

Last edited by silentwispers; May 15th 2007 at 3:17 pm.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by silentwispers
Hi to all
bison transport also tryed for but must go there or or go over a private recruiter been reading the Germany trucker net what Germany drivers are going through to work for bison transport .
1, they meet on a petrol station some where on a motorway (truck stop)Germany
organized from the private recruiter.
2 get promise the world, fill out paperwork.
sorry but this hears like getting the cattle ready for slaughter ,
they also pay for this, 8000 cad to do paperwork not sure on the flight,
organise bank account in Canada, also hotel meet them from the flight take them to the firm and dump them there, that's it for 8000 cad,
OK we all need alittel bit advice on paperwork and a lot of commonsense,
a decent firm pays for the flight over helps with paperwork settling in Canada, and paying for the hotel,while we train for the three weeks and get paid hourly rate for this. this is the offer from yanke, i see it this way, they want us, we are not begging for the job, they want are skills and are experience and are knowledge we are not stupid we know what its like to be on the road for weeks at a time alone in different lands not knowing what the next day brings.
Defending for our selves, a good driver is when, he gets in to trouble how ever big or small. he can pull him self out of the shit without ringing up a thousand people who cant help you anyway . and loads more.
what i am saying surely we can get off the plane alone, get a hotel alone, get a bank account alone, and other things, its complete stupid to pay any body for this. whats this driver going to do when he is on the road, pay for some one to go with him.
pete
Tell you what pete you pay me £4000 GBP and i'll do all that and drive you to work everyday for a month.
I haven't read there stuff but if that is true, they got to be joking thats extortionate for that. I have been to two other job interviews in the past and some did want some money to pay for immigration but not quite the $8000 cad.
I think it is a cheek in some ways but i suppose they have to cover there costs but at that i guess they would be making cash off the drivers backs for filling a job they need done in the end, saying that Bison have a very good reputation from what i hear.
LOAFY.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loafy
Tell you what pete you pay me £4000 GBP and i'll do all that and drive you to work everyday for a month.
I haven't read there stuff but if that is true, they got to be joking thats extortionate for that. I have been to two other job interviews in the past and some did want some money to pay for immigration but not quite the $8000 cad.
I think it is a cheek in some ways but i suppose they have to cover there costs but at that i guess they would be making cash off the drivers backs for filling a job they need done in the end, saying that Bison have a very good reputation from what i hear.
LOAFY.
hi loafy what i hear its nothing to do with bison, ive herd bison is a good firm.
its a privat recruter firm whats pulling the drivers over the tabel here in Germany, they pay this sort of money, they must be broke before they even get to Canada
Pete
pete
Old May 16th 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

EEERRRR,
Not good in anyway shape or form.
Hows things in Dortmund mate you all wetting ya pants for the end of the month.
Have you looked into the price of shipping all your stuff there yet, i have nearly fell off my perch.LOL.
LOAFY...
Old May 17th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

EEERRRR,
Not good in anyway shape or form.
Hows things in Dortmund mate you all wetting ya pants for the end of the month.
Have you looked into the price of shipping all your stuff there yet, i have nearly fell off my perch.LOL.
LOAFY...
hi loafy
wife looking in to the prices of a container to ship over there 3 to 4000 euro
we are still thinking about if i go up front for three month's to see how it works, and u going all at once , or are u going alone at first then wife and kids coming later. Anyway we must get the job first (counting are eggs to fast)or are we too good for yanke(( cant pay us enough dollars))
Old May 17th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Pete, Floss here (loafy wife) Iain is going over first, and i plan to follow in a few months 3-6. We think its wise to do that you know how much yr earning and whether you can live comfortably on wot they pay. Wise me thinks after all we have read on here, good and bad. Planning on renting a small house first cause we got the doggies, and i couldn't be without them!
Havent looked into a container price yet, but we will be bringing furniture and stuff if it pays right we will be going.
Old May 18th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Pete, Floss here (loafy wife) Iain is going over first, and i plan to follow in a few months 3-6. We think its wise to do that you know how much yr earning and whether you can live comfortably on wot they pay. Wise me thinks after all we have read on here, good and bad. Planning on renting a small house first cause we got the doggies, and i couldn't be without them!
Havent looked into a container price yet, but we will be bringing furniture and stuff if it pays right we will be going.

HI floss
nice to talk to you or write to you . we have not complete decided if i go alone first or not. with every body changing there minds here its doing my head in. may wife's grand mother and my wife's ex man cant make a decision to save his life, because i live In a patchwork family. he refused to give full us full custody for the kids and that took him ages to say that. and the mum from my wife is backing him up all the way to the cow shed, also the kids cant decide ether, but most probably to the farther and then we said to him ok u take the kids on, and since then we have not herd a word from him,
going to the solicitor tomorrow, (getting grey hair :curse I will tell u one thing i will be well glad when this is all over and sitting on the plane
Pete
Old May 18th 2007, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

nobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant future

hi, i'm leaving kindersley to come back to u.k, the work wasnt quite what i was told at the interview,
they employ foreigners to do the u.s drives as they cant get enough canadian drivers to cover the runs,

since i joined last sept, the work has got less and less, blaming the u.s dollar,which hasnt moved that much against the CAD, but they never mentioned the customers they have lost, factories and mills shutting down.
i came here to work u.s, not domestic and no nights, the domestic means canada trips a lot of sitting, and no waiting time, i have been sitting in calgary for 2 days, and as we are paid by the mile, it doesnt appeal to me,

i was told i could work as much or as little as i wanted i just had to let dispatch know when i am ready to go, whether from home or coming back from u.s
when i ring for my next trip from home i get told there's nothing and to ring back later, this can last for two days, if there's still nothing, this means ringing every 3 hours and get a load for calgary at 18:00 that has to be there (a 7 hour drive) for 07:00 next morning, when i ask when am i supposed to get some sleep i get told thats all they have, i mention about some prior warning, but that doesnt occour to them, that if i didnt want to do it they would get someone else, no money for me then.
its the same coming back from u.s,the satellite says where do i want to go next, the choice is, u.s, domestic or do i need to get home,
every time i have replied to go back to u.s
every time there is nothing doing i would hsve to do domestic

in the handout i was given it stated that u.s driver could expect to get between 10,000 and 12,000 a month, its looked great 10,000 x 40 cents
the closest i got was 9,000,

there is very little waiting time paid, (and there is a lot of waiting) i had to wait 5 hours to get loaded once, contacted dispatch to be told that customer doesnt pay waiting, i asked him does the company expect me to sit there and not get paid, you can guess the answer
we get $20 for every time we load at customers, i had to load at 4 places in one town, took me all day, when i put the tripsheet in i got the first $20 and $10 for each of the others, $50 for a days work, i was shown some small print that said every other part load is $10.

i dont beleive there is a shortage of drivers, i think they are getting drivers to fill their 10 year old trucks, after all it doesnt cost them anything to have people sitting in trucks that have paid for themselves.

i have enjoyed the time i have spent here, the scenery, and the wildlife wandering about the road and bears walking along railway tracks,

i know drivers here that are happy but i know a lot more that are not, i could go to another firm and go throgh the paperwork again but kindersley have put me off
i wouldnt put anyone coming over the canadians are good people we have been made very welcome and have made some good friends, the driving in town is exciting , they dont give way and merge is more of a challenge than an instruction, i think they drive with blinkers on.

sorry for the moan

nobby, in sunny saskatoon

Last edited by nobbyvialli; May 18th 2007 at 10:57 pm.
Old May 18th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nobbyvialli
hi, i'm leaving kindersley to come back to u.k, the work wasnt quite what i was told at the interview,
they employ foreigners to do the u.s drives as they cant get enough canadian drivers to cover the runs,

since i joined last sept, the work has got less and less, blaming the u.s dollar,which hasnt moved that much against the CAD, but they never mentioned the customers they have lost, factories and mills shutting down.
i came here to work u.s, not domestic and no nights, the domestic means canada trips a lot of sitting, and no waiting time, i have been sitting in calgary for 2 days, and as we are paid by the mile, it doesnt appeal to me,

i was told i could work as much or as little as i wanted i just had to let dispatch know when i am ready to go, whether from home or coming back from u.s
when i ring for my next trip from home i get told there's nothing and to ring back later, this can last for two days, if there's still nothing, this means ringing every 3 hours and get a load for calgary at 18:00 that has to be there (a 7 hour drive) for 07:00 next morning, when i ask when am i supposed to get some sleep i get told thats all they have, i mention about some prior warning, but that doesnt occour to them, that if i didnt want to do it they would get someone else, no money for me then.
its the same coming back from u.s,the satellite says where do i want to go next, the choice is, u.s, domestic or do i need to get home,
every time i have replied to go back to u.s
every time there is nothing doing i would hsve to do domestic

in the handout i was given it stated that u.s driver could expect to get between 10,000 and 12,000 a month, its looked great 10,000 x 40 cents
the closest i got was 9,000,

there is very little waiting time paid, (and there is a lot of waiting) i had to wait 5 hours to get loaded once, contacted dispatch to be told that customer doesnt pay waiting, i asked him does the company expect me to sit there and not get paid, you can guess the answer
we get $20 for every time we load at customers, i had to load at 4 places in one town, took me all day, when i put the tripsheet in i got the first $20 and $10 for each of the others, $50 for a days work, i was shown some small print that said every other part load is $10.

i dont beleive there is a shortage of drivers, i think they are getting drivers to fill their 10 year old trucks, after all it doesnt cost them anything to have people sitting in trucks that have paid for themselves.

i have enjoyed the time i have spent here, the scenery, and the wildlife wandering about the road and bears walking along railway tracks,

i know drivers here that are happy but i know a lot more that are not, i could go to another firm and go throgh the paperwork again but kindersley have put me off
i wouldnt put anyone coming over the canadians are good people we have been made very welcome and have made some good friends, the driving in town is exciting , they dont give way and merge is more of a challenge than an instruction, i think they drive with blinkers on.

sorry for the moan

nobby, in sunny saskatoon
Hi Nobby,
Sorry it didnt work for you there and some great reading there, heard a bit of stuff about kindersley on here and did have a look at them in the past, maybe you should try somewhere else seems a shame to be there and as you say has been great in all areas apart from not getting your miles in.
How is Koogar doing there then he always seams to be on the move and from his blog is enjoying himself.
Anyway thanks for that and best of luck in the future mate hope things turn for the better.

LOAFY...
Old May 19th 2007, 1:35 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karla03
Could not have put it better myself.....Choice of name says it all DINGBAT
You may wish to read post #131. The name "Humble Pie" is still free should you wish to change yours.
Old May 19th 2007, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dingbat
You may wish to read post #131. The name "Humble Pie" is still free should you wish to change yours.
:curse:I am not getting into anything with you, I have more going on at the minute than you could possibly imagine.:curse:
Old May 19th 2007, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

nobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant future

thanks loafy, i enquired about getting into another firm, like bison and some other sask companies, but with the PNP you have to go through the whole system again, i could have stuck it out untill i get landed status, but like i said earlier kindersley have turned me right off.
i last saw koogar about a month ago and he seemed fine, he got his license for pulling double trailers , he doesnt mind doing domestic or driving at night, rather him than me, there's always the chance of some wildlife jumping out in front of you, if you see the size of the moose they can cause a lot of damage.
i keep up with his blog also he takes some really good pictures, he must have spent a fortune on that camera.

nobby

Last edited by nobbyvialli; May 19th 2007 at 6:58 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.