Wages for Truckers

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Location: In Wiltshire at present but hopeing it will be Canada soon.
Quicksilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by exyanke
If you leave your phone number I will ring anybody who want's the truth.
Hi all,
Must agree there seems to be a lot of negativity out there. i will still be going and giving it my best. can anybody shed any more light on siemans. I know i will make my own mind up but again, knowledge is power.

cheers
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Location: In Wiltshire at present but hopeing it will be Canada soon.
Quicksilver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Hi all,
Must agree there seems to be a lot of negativity out there. i will still be going and giving it my best. can anybody shed any more light on siemans. I know i will make my own mind up but again, knowledge is power.

cheers
I had a pm off somebody, but i cant seem to get at my MSG, will keep trying. if It was you, sorry I'm not being rude, I will get back you.

Cheers
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi all,
Well i got the job and things are looking good so far.

I have to agree with glp17 and having done my own research and talking to people that i am able to give this a big go as i dont have that much to lose if it goes tits up, i hope it doesn't and for those that will be going out for Yanke.
I am sorry to say that it is one of those jobs that is more of a vocation than a job, you live it, breath it, and if your lucky you will meet some top people on your way and maybe make a few quid too.
Dont get me wrong its not for everyone i have seen lads come out to Eastern Europe and never done it again, the job is fine its more of the conditions that you work in ie waiting at borders for two and three days, eating out of your trailer box, doing your number two's under your trailer as they dont supply toilets and the ones they do well you are better off under there believe me, I know Canada and the States is a different world to this and things on the road are more accessible and of a better standard to that in the old commie block but its still going to take it out of you.
Ah well you have to make your own mind up but hey you only live once and im sure if goes to cock you can always ask the UK goverment for a hand out and a house to live, oh sorry forgot your english then that will be a NO mate sorry cant help you next please.

TTFN LOAFY...
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

chris12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi all,
Well i got the job and things are looking good so far.

I have to agree with glp17 and having done my own research and talking to people that i am able to give this a big go as i dont have that much to lose if it goes tits up, i hope it doesn't and for those that will be going out for Yanke.
I am sorry to say that it is one of those jobs that is more of a vocation than a job, you live it, breath it, and if your lucky you will meet some top people on your way and maybe make a few quid too.
Dont get me wrong its not for everyone i have seen lads come out to Eastern Europe and never done it again, the job is fine its more of the conditions that you work in ie waiting at borders for two and three days, eating out of your trailer box, doing your number two's under your trailer as they dont supply toilets and the ones they do well you are better off under there believe me, I know Canada and the States is a different world to this and things on the road are more accessible and of a better standard to that in the old commie block but its still going to take it out of you.
Ah well you have to make your own mind up but hey you only live once and im sure if goes to cock you can always ask the UK goverment for a hand out and a house to live, oh sorry forgot your english then that will be a NO mate sorry cant help you next please.

TTFN LOAFY...
whats this jenny webb like, is she as good looking as she sounds on the fone????????????????
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Chris

try this site for a truer picture, not as much whinging and moaning and people trying to put you off.
http://www.onlinetruckers.co.uk/
Hi Dave
i have tried this site on more than one occasion and can never get registered as it wont let me. do all the filling in the right boxes and then asks you what is the capital of England well last time i looked it was London but hey guess what im wrong so got no further than this so cant get an access code or whatever it is. any help would be good thanks.
kind regards LOAFY...
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris12
whats this jenny webb like, is she as good looking as she sounds on the fone????????????????
Cant answer that my wife reads these forums.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

if anyone wants a job where you are home everynight work 7 on 3 off then 7 on 4 off this company wants drivers in Lloydminster and will train you for 3 months in the oilfields www.rjhoffman.com wages are not to bad but depends on what hours you but in average 13 hours aday roughly $2200 bye weekly
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Hi Dave
i have tried this site on more than one occasion and can never get registered as it wont let me. do all the filling in the right boxes and then asks you what is the capital of England well last time i looked it was London but hey guess what im wrong so got no further than this so cant get an access code or whatever it is. any help would be good thanks.
kind regards LOAFY...
Have contacted the site owner to let him know.

Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Hi Dave
kind regards LOAFY...
Ok guys if you have trouble registering email jimbo at [email protected] and all he will need is your chosen user name and email address
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by daz and jac
if anyone wants a job where you are home everynight work 7 on 3 off then 7 on 4 off this company wants drivers in Lloydminster and will train you for 3 months in the oilfields www.rjhoffman.com wages are not to bad but depends on what hours you but in average 13 hours aday roughly $2200 bye weekly
Daz+Jac,
Have looked at the website (on more than one occasion) and it looks not too bad,maybe a bit cold in the winter/roasted in the summer standing outside at the tanker?
I definately think it would be 100% better (in my opinion!!) to be on a hourly rate at opposed to the dreaded mileage/piece rate,even though the short haul shifts are long at 12/13 hours a day at least you are getting paid for those hours and are home in your own bed every day!!!
The problem I find is quite rightly what you've posted previously in this thread that all "short haul" companies are not affiliated to any of the provinces PNP schemes.
What will happen when your 1/2 year WP runs out are you able to apply for PR via a WP or is it a waste of time?
If not I can't really see the point in heading off to Canada to work "short haul" for a company to get kicked out by CIC after two years.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:33 am
Just Joined

scaniamad is an unknown quantity at this point

loafy just wish everybody had your outlook on life this world would be a better place, all the best for your new life in canada. Its ok everybody has their own opinion but its what you make of it and if you go out with a possitive attitude and take the bull by the horns you,ll be ok all the best and who knows might see you on the road overthere soon.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scaniamad
loafy just wish everybody had your outlook on life this world would be a better place, all the best for your new life in canada. Its ok everybody has their own opinion but its what you make of it and if you go out with a possitive attitude and take the bull by the horns you,ll be ok all the best and who knows might see you on the road overthere soon.
Hi Scaniamad,
When do you think you will be going out there and who for, you may have said in earlier threads but cant remember soz.i am old and the memory is colander like at the best of times lol
You Just go for it mate if the risk is not to high.
LOAFY...
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

scaniamad is an unknown quantity at this point

like you loafy not got much to lose in fact got nothing to lose and i going for a better way of life not a better living. been offered a job with len dubois in winnipeg but also got four interviews lined up before i make my mind up see you all soon all the best mate Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scaniamad
like you loafy not got much to lose in fact got nothing to lose and i going for a better way of life not a better living. been offered a job with len dubois in winnipeg but also got four interviews lined up before i make my mind up see you all soon all the best mate Dave
kewl nice one dave, your right about it all and keep an open mind when looking for that right job, anyway keep at it and all the best on your interviews you will do good somewhere im sure.
You never know our paths might come together one day out there.
All the best mate.
LOAFY...
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Ok guys if you have trouble registering email jimbo at [email protected] and all he will need is your chosen user name and email address
Thanks for that Dave i will send him an e mail today.
Many Thanks LOAFY...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.