Wages for Truckers

Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:53 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by wire
I have said it before and i don't mind saying it again....Big Freight are a good way to get into Canada and learn the job. If you stick it out for a year or so you will have seen a lot of the Country (both Canada and the US) and you will have enough experience to get a job anywhere. There are quite a few Brits working there still who have been there for years and are happy.
You get your own truck, your own equipment, lots of variety and loads of freedom. The money isn't competitive but at the end of the day you must consider that when an experienced European driver lands in Canada he is a complete novice again.
Besides the money is no worse than the other companies who recruit Brits and a whole lot better than certain companies from the Maritime Provinces.
My OH came over with Yanke, they were great to him - we came over with a can do positive attitude and it helped (in our case) that I was here with him.

You're right you have a short time out of your life to stick it out, you know that and the companies know that you know that (so to speak).

so to new drivers just sit it out, work hard and enjoy. It is very much worth it.

Last edited by Lorna_D; Aug 17th 2010 at 3:54 am. Reason: spelling as usual
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

That last bit was diplomatic, Wire.

They recently had a pay rise as I understand it. I don't think the money is bad- more per mile than you and me- but we get easier miles and more of them.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Ha Ha, Midland pay 25 cents a mile team but that is for all miles. Nice feeling being paid while i sleep.
LOAFY...
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

How much earning potential is there for an owner driver?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kullymack
How much earning potential is there for an owner driver?
You might aswell ask " how long is a piece of string" you need to set parameters of what kind of work,location and about 200 other factors
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking owner driving from vancouver to ontario or quebec.
May be vancouver to california ?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kullymack
I was thinking owner driving from vancouver to ontario or quebec.
May be vancouver to california ?
1, do you have a Can class 1
2, Do you have PR so you can run your own business
3,Doing what kind of work, Flats,Reefers or Dry Vans
4 Running on your own authorities or those of another
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Me personally, i wouldn't bother, so i'm told their is only about 20k in it from an O/O to company driver. So with all the hassle of doing it better to be a company man especially in this climate at the moment.
Loafy...
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Regardless of your list, Gremmie, the competition is too fierce from some of the others there. Eevryone would like to run coast to coast like that, but it just doesn't happen.

Lots of us here are former O/Ds and have stayed company for a while here.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

areksm7 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello. i am new here and i was riding all post few good hours.
i didind find answer.
is here any driver who work or is working for yanke saskatoon?
i pass test and interview with them and they ofer 25 cents per km and they promise i will make in team work 20000 km a month. is it true and is it big money or not rylly?
how will look my life for that money in saskatoon? please answer
You can give me som ideas where to live and where to buy things
Old Jul 16th 2011, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by areksm7
hello. i am new here and i was riding all post few good hours.
i didind find answer.
is here any driver who work or is working for yanke saskatoon?
i pass test and interview with them and they ofer 25 cents per km and they promise i will make in team work 20000 km a month. is it true and is it big money or not rylly?
how will look my life for that money in saskatoon? please answer
You can give me som ideas where to live and where to buy things

.25 cents a km is $5000 a month IF you drive 20000k a month , so that will be about $1600/1700 biweekly take home after taxes , you're not going to get rich anytime soon that's for sure.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Careful when it comes to talking about wages,otherwise Dave will come on here and accuse you of boasting ,but he does live in Manitoba.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Well I never understand why guys do long haul (OTR) when I can be home every night /weekend and earn as much if not more
Old Jul 16th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair it depends on the lifestyle of the individual,personally longhaul doesn't float my boat either,but know plenty of guys who love being away from home for weeks at a time,each to their own.
I'm back on the Cryogenic tankers in Sept,working 4on/4off,could be home every night or away for all 3 nights but the shift suits us,back to being a part-timer again.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:36 am
Just Joined

areksm7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb33
Well I never understand why guys do long haul (OTR) when I can be home every night /weekend and earn as much if not more
i prefer to be at home every day but if i want move to Canada i must get that job with Yanke and work for them minnimum 2 Years on long houl, otherwise i will not get a work permit by my self and i will must stay in Europe.
So Can You tell me how will be look my life for that money?
I will go self for first few months and after will join my wife. we havent children yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.