Wages for Truckers

Old May 10th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

[/QUOTE] oh and good luck on finding somewhere to rent they are few and far between.[/QUOTE]

No worries Crazy I'll come stay with you ....
LOAFY...
Old May 10th 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

silentwispers is an unknown quantity at this point

oh and good luck on finding somewhere to rent they are few and far between.[/QUOTE]

No worries Crazy I'll come stay with you ....
LOAFY...[/QUOTE]

me too
Old May 10th 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

crazy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are too funny
Old May 10th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if you know what the cost of an air crate (c'mtr ) would cost or what people paid for one.
Also what did you take out when you first went out there before the big stuff arrived, thats if you didnt start over from new that is.
I plan to bring mostly light stuff, clothes, jackets, boots, bedding and my computer and CD's.
What should i bring that is essential that hasn't entered my head yet.

LOAFY...
Old May 12th 2007, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

hi chris crazy and loafy.
well the days are getting closer for the interview in Birmingham got the flight times and the time for the interview family are getting all worked up, the grandad and grandmother for the kids are not talking to us no more because we are taking the kids away. (big probs).
To you all, i just want to say keep the information flowing it helps us all however big all small. its nice to know im not the only one doing this. In the next three month's we could be singing , my bags are pack i'm ready to go i'm, leaving on a jet plane, don't know when ile be back again.
something like that from john Denver i think .
Anyway keep it all coming we need the info. Thanks Chris Crazy Loafy and to u all
Pete
Old May 12th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Hi all - Well we're home and I am gutted. I wanted to stay in Canada as I think its the best place on earth. Simon got all three jobs with Yanke, Siemens and Westcan.

We have decided to go with Westcan as they offer more for the family and the working days are alot better, PLUS THEY DO NOT ENTER THE USA. Simon will be working 5 days on and 3 days off. The basic pay is between $50 - $55 for the first year and anywhere betweem $50 - $100 per year depending on how long and how hard you work. Westcan have a terminal based in Moose Jaw - and thats where we want to live.

I have brought home information packages and all the info you need from all 3 comapnies, so if you would like a copy of it all, please just PM me and I will be more than happy to help.

Siemens were crossed right off our list first as they did not seem interested in me or my 3 children - which I found rather off putting.

Yanke seemed great and they pay for all your training. They seem really professional BUT the interview was late due to miscommunication on their part. The pay seems good, but Simon will be away for anywhere between 10 - 28 days and as a mother of 3 young children that seemed like a long time.

Westcan were great. They interviewed me more than Simon as they focus on the wife and children (FANTASTIC). They also hold all sorts of family BBQs, Partys etc etc - which are all paid for. Westcan seem like a real family business and that sold me and Simon right away.

Every Company was really really different and it's up to YOU who you decide to go for but read the small print as this can cost you alot of money.

I am not an expert and I can only advise on what we went through so if anyone has any questions, please just contact me.

By the way, opening a bank account was the easiest thing we did over there and we also have a mortgage sorted.

I LOVE CANADA
Old May 12th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karla03
Hi all - Well we're home and I am gutted. I wanted to stay in Canada as I think its the best place on earth. Simon got all three jobs with Yanke, Siemens and Westcan.

We have decided to go with Westcan as they offer more for the family and the working days are alot better, PLUS THEY DO NOT ENTER THE USA. Simon will be working 5 days on and 3 days off. The basic pay is between $50 - $55 for the first year and anywhere betweem $50 - $100 per year depending on how long and how hard you work. Westcan have a terminal based in Moose Jaw - and thats where we want to live.

I have brought home information packages and all the info you need from all 3 comapnies, so if you would like a copy of it all, please just PM me and I will be more than happy to help.

Siemens were crossed right off our list first as they did not seem interested in me or my 3 children - which I found rather off putting.

Yanke seemed great and they pay for all your training. They seem really professional BUT the interview was late due to miscommunication on their part. The pay seems good, but Simon will be away for anywhere between 10 - 28 days and as a mother of 3 young children that seemed like a long time.

Westcan were great. They interviewed me more than Simon as they focus on the wife and children (FANTASTIC). They also hold all sorts of family BBQs, Partys etc etc - which are all paid for. Westcan seem like a real family business and that sold me and Simon right away.

Every Company was really really different and it's up to YOU who you decide to go for but read the small print as this can cost you alot of money.

I am not an expert and I can only advise on what we went through so if anyone has any questions, please just contact me.

By the way, opening a bank account was the easiest thing we did over there and we also have a mortgage sorted.

I LOVE CANADA
Congratulations Karla and well done.
I saw on the news last week that the weather was warm and sunny there.
Yoong
Old May 12th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Karla,
Glad you had a great trip and have sorted yourself out there with Simon getting a job and the bank and mortgage and so on.
I have been reading loads of threads on here and from what people are saying it will be probably one of the best moves ever.
Just trying to find a place to rent at the mo in Regina and have had some good info off people. Sounds like it should work out nicely for us all i hope.

LOAFY
Old May 12th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Pete,
You sure know how to make a good relationship go off eh (only joking)
I had the same off my dad last year when i was going out for Transx, he was great at the start and then went quiet, according to my mum he was scared that he may never see me again, old fool is retired and can come out anytime he wants but things are different i guess when you get older.
Two and half weeks is to long to wait for D Day to come (sorry i mean that in the nice way seeing as you live in Germany).
I took the day off so we can meet up at the venue at some point either before or after to see whats what.
Still not much joy on the renting front but got some good names and numbers off here, will put some real input in nearer to the date thou.
How is the English coming on for the family i think that could be a real sticking point for you there mate.

LOAFY
Old May 12th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loafy
Hey Pete,
You sure know how to make a good relationship go off eh (only joking)
I had the same off my dad last year when i was going out for Transx, he was great at the start and then went quiet, according to my mum he was scared that he may never see me again, old fool is retired and can come out anytime he wants but things are different i guess when you get older.
Two and half weeks is to long to wait for D Day to come (sorry i mean that in the nice way seeing as you live in Germany).
I took the day off so we can meet up at the venue at some point either before or after to see whats what.
Still not much joy on the renting front but got some good names and numbers off here, will put some real input in nearer to the date thou.
How is the English coming on for the family i think that could be a real sticking point for you there mate.

LOAFY
hi loafy that's great u got the day off on 31 then we will meet up,
that's great going with Karla and Simon well impressed for them. i have not heard anything about westcan. any info ? 5 days on 3 days off that is worth thinking about.
till later Pete
Old May 12th 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karla03

I LOVE CANADA
hi karla simon well done well impressed
keep sending the info it all helps i like this with the 5 days on and 3 days off that would suit my wife fine and the kids as well.
pete
Old May 12th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silentwispers
hi loafy that's great u got the day off on 31 then we will meet up,
that's great going with Karla and Simon well impressed for them. i have not heard anything about westcan. any info ? 5 days on 3 days off that is worth thinking about.
till later Pete
I did hear a brief thread about west can and i think it was in this thread, could be wrong. Sure would be nice to work 5 on 3 off but i want to see the states and mostly i like the long distance stuff more than local if there is such a thing.

Later M8
LOAFY
Old May 13th 2007, 12:02 am
Webster

I am new here and reading the comments decided to tell ALL about Saskatchewan and the companies etc... On the topic of wages.......Siemens will pay $50,000 give or take(running single) Yanke will be similar,BUT all Brits have to run team for a min. of 12 months which you can earn Upwards of $70,000, you must run hard 14 days 24 hours per day non stop, 3 days off. Wives cannot work for 6 mths so a $50,000 income is not sufficient for a family to live a comfortable lifestyle. Siemens will give the Brits the oldest trucks in their fleet which constantly break down. The trucks in which they do the training are so run down that on the day of the drivers road test SGI (license authority) will refuse testing. They also wont provide a truck with a double bunk for the drivers who want to take their wives on the road with them so they have to share one bed. Kindersley Transport (Siemens)will only run the Brits in Canada and refuse them USA runs even though they promise this in the interview. Therefore giving the Brits less miles and keep the good runs for the Canadian drivers. Doug Siemens recommends the estate agent Laurie Rose so that he can profit from any Brits who purchase houses with her. This agent does not look out for the interests of the Brits and various rumours going around about her ethical and moral standards and exchanging sexual favors for signing contract. Doug Siemens has been recently demoted for having an affair with a certain individual and the company is in jeopardy due to divorce proceedings. I would seriously reconsider this option. Yanke has newer lorrys (Volvo)but the companies reputation is equal to Siemens. The drivers are not happy and the President Scott Johnson goes on sacking sprees when he's pissed off at something. Many Brits have lost their jobs and gone back to the uk with nothing. These companies both know that once you sign that contract, sold your house in the uk and belongings, and arrive in Canada, you cannot financially afford to go back to nothing and start again. With them knowing this, they do not treat you well. Be aware of these 2 companies and consider other options who are truthful and upfront.

Old May 13th 2007, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Webster
I am new here and reading the comments decided to tell ALL about Saskatchewan and the companies etc... On the topic of wages.......Siemens will pay $50,000 give or take(running single) Yanke will be similar,BUT all Brits have to run team for a min. of 12 months which you can earn Upwards of $70,000, you must run hard 14 days 24 hours per day non stop, 3 days off. Wives cannot work for 6 mths so a $50,000 income is not sufficient for a family to live a comfortable lifestyle. Siemens will give the Brits the oldest trucks in their fleet which constantly break down. The trucks in which they do the training are so run down that on the day of the drivers road test SGI (license authority) will refuse testing. They also wont provide a truck with a double bunk for the drivers who want to take their wives on the road with them so they have to share one bed. Kindersley Transport (Siemens)will only run the Brits in Canada and refuse them USA runs even though they promise this in the interview. Therefore giving the Brits less miles and keep the good runs for the Canadian drivers. Doug Siemens recommends the estate agent Laurie Rose so that he can profit from any Brits who purchase houses with her. This agent does not look out for the interests of the Brits and various rumours going around about her ethical and moral standards and exchanging sexual favors for signing contract. Doug Siemens has been recently demoted for having an affair with a certain individual and the company is in jeopardy due to divorce proceedings. I would seriously reconsider this option. Yanke has newer lorrys (Volvo)but the companies reputation is equal to Siemens. The drivers are not happy and the President Scott Johnson goes on sacking sprees when he's pissed off at something. Many Brits have lost their jobs and gone back to the uk with nothing. These companies both know that once you sign that contract, sold your house in the uk and belongings, and arrive in Canada, you cannot financially afford to go back to nothing and start again. With them knowing this, they do not treat you well. Be aware of these 2 companies and consider other options who are truthful and upfront.
Webster,
Thanks for the info but Just one thing thou how do you know all this because you dont say where you get this info from or have you had first hand experience there, Koog works for Kindersley and judging from his blog would say that he is in the US quite alot and seams to be loving it.
Dont mean to be rude or anything but there are alot people who and still do work for them and have done ok.
LOAFY...
Old May 13th 2007, 3:56 am
Webster

I know this information 1st hand. Many uk drivers who came over in the past 6 months to work for Kindersley Transport are NOT running US, as promised. They are tranferring over to other companies within the group due to lack of miles and low pay.
Saskatchewan is the least expensive place to live but the economy is going through a boom right now and the cost of living is rising quickly. Soon housing will be as expensive as Calgary. Just do the math when it comes to figuring out what kind of life style you want to live. To rent in Saskatoon you are spending $1,300 a month for a house, a mortgage payment will be equal to this and then you have another $250 property taxes plus heat & utilities- $325, then you have food for a family of 4 -$700, car lease/payment- $400. Then you have clothing, houshold essentials,school expenses, kids activity costs etc...
So with an income of $50,000 less income tax=$38,500/12= $3,200 per month. Expenses for food and shelter ONLY = $2,575per month
If you do not come to Canada with a lot of money in your bank account, you will be living pay cheque to pay cheque and possibly going into debt at the same time. This is a fact. Until wives can work and families can benefit from a double income, you will be living close to poverty for a family of 4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.