Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

vancouver long haul posting on kijiji

vancouver long haul posting on kijiji

Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

bctreefrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vancouver long haul posting on kijiji

Hi all,

First post...have read so much my head is spinning a little.
Really appreciate the wealth of knowledge so far.

My partner is from UK and considering applying to come over with LMO/PNP combination if possible - from what I've read, the two are not necessarily connected, although the PNP requires employer support, it doesn't cost them anything except a little time (please correct me if I've got that confused)

I have just seen a posting for 4 long haul jobs in Vancouver BC and was hoping to get your thoughts as the company does not identify themselves and are asking for:

"Please send your resume/CV, copy of your driving license and any certifications. If you have references, medicals and police clearances please also send those."

Does this seem ok? I would feel nervous sending all these documents (over and above resume/CV to an unknown destination. I'm very interested in other opinions about this.

Also, there is very little talk on the forum of trucking jobs in BC, is there any particular reason for this?

Thanks so much for your consideration of my questions.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: vancouver long haul posting on kijiji

I think B.C. didnt do LMOs some time ago but I might be wrong.

I went through the same when I was looking for jo....my new employer asked me to scan and email him my driving licence and passport, later he asked for criminal record check, but didnt ask for medical or CV etc....
I emailed him everything and later after a phone interview I have been offered a job....

I understand your worries about sending to somebody these documents but they probably need it to sort out the paperwork for you

I believe some other guys can tell you more
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bctreefrog
Hi all,

My partner is from UK and considering applying to come over with LMO/PNP combination if possible - from what I've read, the two are not necessarily connected, although the PNP requires employer support, it doesn't cost them anything except a little time (please correct me if I've got that confused)

I have just seen a posting for 4 long haul jobs in Vancouver BC and was hoping to get your thoughts as the company does not identify themselves and are asking for:

"Please send your resume/CV, copy of your driving license and any certifications. If you have references, medicals and police clearances please also send those."

Does this seem ok? I would feel nervous sending all these documents (over and above resume/CV to an unknown destination. I'm very interested in other opinions about this.

Also, there is very little talk on the forum of trucking jobs in BC, is there any particular reason for this?

Don't send nothing till you know who the company is.
When you know their name come back on here and ask about them first, seems a bit shady, no name.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milanuk
I understand your worries about sending to somebody these documents but they probably need it to sort out the paperwork for you
None of those documents, other than the resume, are required for a work permit application. If they're asked for, it must be for the company rather than CIC.

HTH.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 2:45 am
Just Joined

bctreefrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your replies!
It really doesn't feel right to me and also hard not to let the pull of the hope of getting the job influence my thoughts.
I think perhaps the best thing to do is apply with resume/CV and ask the name of the company and see what happens.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Probably companies run by East Indians , theres a multitude of them down there , mainly out of Surrey. If they don't have a company name in the ad they have something to hide , Im not sure BC are doing the PNP for Truckers anyway , A quick goggle will get you the answers you need .

Did it for you , Seems they do , Id look for companies that have LMO's in place , But tread carefully

Welcome BC - Long-haul Trucking
Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bctreefrog
Hi all,

BC do not do PNP for truck drivers, You will have to look at Saskatchewan or Alberta if you want PNP and LMO through the truck driver program.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I give up ...
Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickysteve
BC do not do PNP for truck drivers, You will have to look at Saskatchewan or Alberta if you want PNP and LMO through the truck driver program.
Erm, yes they do.................Welcome BC - Long-haul Trucking

Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Erm, yes they do.................Welcome BC - Long-haul Trucking

Well there you go they still do it, I heard it got stopped in BC
Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by vickysteve
Well there you go they still do it, I heard it got stopped in BC
It's been around for at least 3 years iirc, not sure about before that though.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Probably companies run by East Indians , theres a multitude of them down there , mainly out of Surrey. If they don't have a company name in the ad they have something to hide , Im not sure BC are doing the PNP for Truckers anyway , A quick goggle will get you the answers you need .

Did it for you , Seems they do , Id look for companies that have LMO's in place , But tread carefully

Welcome BC - Long-haul Trucking
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Jun 29th 2014, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
I give up ...
Old Jun 29th 2014, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's been around for at least 3 years iirc, not sure about before that though.
I was one of the first on the BC PNP back in August 2007
Old Jun 30th 2014, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I was one of the first on the BC PNP back in August 2007 :good post:

Yeah I seem to remember you took my job Had to live in in AB for six years to get out here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.