vancouver area trucking

Old Jan 1st 2012, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

stuart8404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vancouver area trucking

hi been posting on a few forums australia canada and new zealand as regards trucking jobs we are determined to get away from britain for a better life for ourselves and our 3 year old. need to contact any bc truckers who can give me an insight into pros and cons of living in bc. we have virtually decided now that oz and new zealand are out and are left with our first choice canada. need to know the kind of work you do and do you mainly drive in canada or mostly down into the usa and roughly what kind of salaries. dont need exact figures just ball park figures. have had a few conversations with lads from saskatchewan but really always had our heart set on bc. any help would be greatly appreciated as whats left of my thinning hair is gradually falling through trawling the site to find answers. cheers stuart
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: vancouver area trucking

As far as I'm aware, British Columbia suspended its 'entry level semi skilled' route last September. (which includes truck driving)

They might bring it back at some stage. Who knows...
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuart8404
hi been posting on a few forums australia canada and new zealand as regards trucking jobs we are determined to get away from britain for a better life for ourselves and our 3 year old. need to contact any bc truckers who can give me an insight into pros and cons of living in bc. we have virtually decided now that oz and new zealand are out and are left with our first choice canada. need to know the kind of work you do and do you mainly drive in canada or mostly down into the usa and roughly what kind of salaries. dont need exact figures just ball park figures. have had a few conversations with lads from saskatchewan but really always had our heart set on bc. any help would be greatly appreciated as whats left of my thinning hair is gradually falling through trawling the site to find answers. cheers stuart
I guess after disgarding Oz & NZ the logical option would be BC.....
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

stuart8404 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I guess after disgarding Oz & NZ the logical option would be BC.....
no what it was we just wanted to get out of this country helen fancied canada i wanted somewhere warmer so looked at both oz and new but with their criteria and my age it was a no go dad had the chance to go canada before i was born but mum did not want to leave rest of her family behind hence the reason i am still here.