Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Old Aug 8th 2013, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Default Re: URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Me nitpicking?! Pot, meet kettle.

Mine was a joke btw.............note the smilies.
Their seems to be a lot of bitter people on this thread, just because a company doesn't offer you a job or terminates your employment then this makes company fraudsters, but nothing is said when a UK company does the same!!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, because this site is only going for the truckers. Never mind the other 188,000 members.
Well seeing this thread was about westcan guess it would be all about the truckers so don't see your point, if you want any advice on anything else read a thread relating to what your looking for that's my advice.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige1512
Well seeing this thread was about westcan guess it would be all about the truckers so don't see your point, if you want any advice on anything else read a thread relating to what your looking for that's my advice.
*sigh*. It was in response to the comment about the site only kept going by truckers trying to hide something.

Obviously this thread is in the truckers section, but I was specifically responding to the 'site' comment and mentioned the other 188k+ members that certainly aren't keeping truckers secrets! It was a tongue in cheek comment pointing out that this site is a hell of a lot bigger than just this little truckers section.

Does that clarify it now?
Old Aug 8th 2013, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point

*sigh*. It was in response to the comment about the site only kept going by truckers trying to hide something.

Obviously this thread is in the truckers section, but I was specifically responding to the 'site' comment and mentioned the other 188k+ members that certainly aren't keeping truckers secrets! It was a tongue in cheek comment pointing out that this site is a hell of a lot bigger than just this little truckers section.

Does that clarify it now?
Always best said in beginning bud : ) but yep loud and clear
Old Aug 9th 2013, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Their seems to be a lot of bitter people on this thread, just because a company doesn't offer you a job or terminates your employment then this makes company fraudsters, but nothing is said when a UK company does the same!!
Im not bitter about it,im just saying what happened to me so other drivers know what they are getting into and yes they are alot of crooks out there who will without hesitation rip you off or use you ,i never once got ripped off in the UK,having said that i wouldnt go back there.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Tinni is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't judge what happened to me and my family by saying that I am bitter and I am calling the company fraudsters because I was fired. This company is hugely corrupt and as I will keep saying I have black and white proof of it. It is not just the contract I signed, hours I worked or pay I received that was wrong, but hell of a lot more and bigger than that. I don't want all the families who took jobs out there to feel that they had failed. They were failed, lied to and cheated. So unless you really fully understand of how this company operate or operated-be quiet. I am on here wanting to help others after the shit deal they had with WESTCAN!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinni
Don't judge what happened to me and my family by saying that I am bitter and I am calling the company fraudsters because I was fired. This company is hugely corrupt and as I will keep saying I have black and white proof of it. It is not just the contract I signed, hours I worked or pay I received that was wrong, but hell of a lot more and bigger than that. I don't want all the families who took jobs out there to feel that they had failed. They were failed, lied to and cheated. So unless you really fully understand of how this company operate or operated-be quiet. I am on here wanting to help others after the shit deal they had with WESTCAN!
On here wanting to help others by warning them of your experiences is fine, but having looked at your posts, it does seem as though that's the only purpose for you being on BE as every single one of them over a 5 yr period are an anti-Westcan rant!

Joining BE just to 'name and shame' is discouraged for obvious reasons, so maybe join in with other discussions etc too? Your advice will also be taken a lot more seriously if you're an established member rather than one that just pops up every now and again to slate a particular company.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Its a big problem in the canadian trucking industry,i call them cowboys.The reason they get away with it,is because the government dont give a shit!Also the drivers are not organized .I wanted to join a union when I first came here and I was told ,by the union,I couldnt join because the company werent in the union, WTF!!?? No wonder there is a driver shortage!
Old Aug 10th 2013, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinni
Signed contracts are worth ZERO , my contract with my original employer was changed 3 times after I signed it , never to my benefit , but because I wanted the Canadian dream there was sod all that I could do apart from take on the chin.
If you're on some form of crusade to see West Can brought to justice for any alleged wrong doings I should forget it now , a lost cause . Seen a few blokes over here getting bitter and twisted regards to there employer whilst on the PNP and it got them nowhere .

BTW, I am not and never have had any contact with said company , but any employer on the PNP system knows they have you by the plums .
Old Aug 11th 2013, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Signed contracts are worth ZERO , my contract with my original employer was changed 3 times after I signed it , never to my benefit , but because I wanted the Canadian dream there was sod all that I could do apart from take on the chin.
If you're on some form of crusade to see West Can brought to justice for any alleged wrong doings I should forget it now , a lost cause . Seen a few blokes over here getting bitter and twisted regards to there employer whilst on the PNP and it got them nowhere .

BTW, I am not and never have had any contact with said company , but any employer on the PNP system knows they have you by the plums .
I agree with you but why should we british or canadian drivers take this shit.Tinni if you got dirt on westcan i say go for it,dont be a pussy and just accept the status quo ,get the bastards!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly it'll get him absolutely nowhere other than in the shite , and secondly it'll queer the pitch for other possible UK drivers who may wish to come over or are already here and doing well for themselves , ticking the days off until they get PR then all of a sudden Brits are out of favor because of a fired driver , could make life awkward for a few families don't you think ?
He tried , he failed , so what ? Get over it and carry on regardless and put it down to experience because bearing a grudge will be a futile exercise .
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

yes i know where you are coming from ,i did the same ,waited til i got my PR then left the crappy corupt company i was working for also, but it shouldnt be like this,we should be organized and tell the drivers UK or whatever not to sign on with these companies and maybe things will change for the better.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

I don't know why this guy Tinni didn't stat is own thread titled " Who Hates Westcan" ? I think this would have been a better approach rather than hijacking this thread!!!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

One man's meat is another man's poison? Some like Westcan, some don't. Same as H&R?
You need PR to stay in Canada. You can change employers if its that bad. In Alberta your AINP / PR starts again. There are asshole companies in Europe too? This is called TRANSPORT !!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
One man's meat is another man's poison? Some like Westcan, some don't. Same as H&R?
You need PR to stay in Canada. You can change employers if its that bad. In Alberta your AINP / PR starts again. There are asshole companies in Europe too? This is called TRANSPORT !!
I agree Alan, all companies that employe through LMO's all have their bad points, you just got to take pot luck I think... we have been fortunate to have worked for H&R on two different occasions and so far no major problems. I know this is not the case for all however.

I do know some drivers who have changed companies during their first year, and this has caused some problems with applications and spouse work visa's, but again some have changed with now problems & just started their AINP/PR application again all ok.

Talking about shit companies back in Europe/UK my husband left a company smuggling beer into the UK from france! not a good company to work for so some here may seem like the bees knees lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.