Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Originally Posted by Tinni
Shady? the only thing shady is westcan. The reason we stayed in Canada is that the pnp office helped us get our papers (PR) why? because we had evidence in black and white the westcan were corrupt. Yes my hubby was sacked after 7 months with what they called "just cause" which means a justified reason.....BS! We asked too many q's and they got rid. But the evidence we had we took to the PNP office and they told us to " keep our mouths shut!" and they sorted it all out allowing us to stay. However, after all the crap and loss of money we had to endure we felt we could never be happy in Canada and not trust people after all we were screwed over big time. Everyone has a different experience I guess we were just unlucky. All I know is that westcan at the time we were there messed up some peoples lives with their lies. I am sure they will get their " just desserts".
I find it a little odd that your anger towards Westcan has manifested itself into a claimed corruption within the Canadian government against Westcan drivers.

This all reads a little to much onto the imaginative scale IMHO
Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spacemonkey
I find it a little odd that your anger towards Westcan has manifested itself into a claimed corruption within the Canadian government against Westcan drivers.

This all reads a little to much onto the imaginative scale IMHO
that's why I work the oil patch I don't get any of this where I'm working
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

The first company I came over with screwed me over, and the second guy still owed me money but I didn't start a personal vendetta against them. We all know its a gamble when we come over here!

Last edited by Smudger75; Jul 30th 2013 at 11:08 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

To all you immigrant guys who work for Westcan I am wondering if you could answer a few Q's for me.
Do you go out of Province-across state? and have days/ weeks away?
I hear that some just run to fort mac and back and home every night?
How long till you can apply for permanent residency?
Shady? the only thing shady is westcan. The reason we stayed in Canada is that the pnp office helped us get our papers (PR) why? because we had evidence in black and white the westcan were corrupt. Yes my hubby was sacked after 7 months with what they called "just cause" which means a justified reason.....BS! We asked too many q's and they got rid. But the evidence we had we took to the PNP office and they told us to " keep our mouths shut!" and they sorted it all out allowing us to stay. However, after all the crap and loss of money we had to endure we felt we could never be happy in Canada and not trust people after all we were screwed over big time. Everyone has a different experience I guess we were just unlucky. All I know is that westcan at the time we were there messed up some peoples lives with their lies. I am sure they will get their " just desserts".

Well you certainly showed em..... i call BS on this poster
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Well you certainly showed em..... i call BS on this poster
Here here, Gremmie.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know if you read my post on this thread but i got messed about by westcan,from my personal experience i think there was something dodgy going on but i blame the canadian government for letting it go on.In MB the provincial government put a stop to it,now companies have to go thru the labour board to get the LMOs
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Tinni is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say you got messed about can you let me know exactly what it was. I am in the process of finding other families.Are you still in Canada? How long before you got your PNP? Do you know anyone else who was "messed about"?
I don't understand what you mean by companies have to go through the labour board to get LMO'S. To hire foreign workers in Canada all companies have to have and LMO to get temp work permits for them. The company has to show evidence/ proof that they have been advertising for at least 3 months for Canadians to fill the post.The labour board after seeing this evidence/proof that canadians cannot fill the post will award LMO'S for foreign workers.There is no other way the government would allow work permits to be given without LMO'S.So I am puzzled by what you mean.You are right in thinking that there is dodgy goings on and I HAVE PROOF IN BLACK AND WHITE!
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

At westcan i went for job interview ,driving assement etc but they didnt give me the job even though the assessor said i was one of the best british drivers they have had(i passed my class 1 in 1989).They handed me the cash from a desk drawer ,i didnt sign anything and was told to "enjoy the rest of my holiday",i felt it was a scam.I went to MB and i have my PR from there .What i mean about the LMOs is when i came over in 2007 the companies were using "recruitment consultants" who were charging the drivers $1000s for the LMOs ,Bisons "immigration lawyers" where charging $10,000 ,then the labour board put a stop to it,took more control .I paid $3000 but i got some of my money back after i went to CBC news as the labour board wouldnt help me .If you got proof try CBC ,there are alot of dodgy companies out there.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilcumming
At westcan i went for job interview ,driving assement etc but they didnt give me the job even though the assessor said i was one of the best british drivers they have had(i passed my class 1 in 1989).They handed me the cash from a desk drawer ,i didnt sign anything and was told to "enjoy the rest of my holiday",i felt it was a scam.I went to MB and i have my PR from there .What i mean about the LMOs is when i came over in 2007 the companies were using "recruitment consultants" who were charging the drivers $1000s for the LMOs ,Bisons "immigration lawyers" where charging $10,000 ,then the labour board put a stop to it,took more control .I paid $3000 but i got some of my money back after i went to CBC news as the labour board wouldnt help me .If you got proof try CBC ,there are alot of dodgy companies out there.
So how much money did you lose through westcan?
Old Aug 7th 2013, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smudger75
So how much money did you lose through westcan?
I didnt lose money through westcan,they didnt give me the job,they scammed the government and they wasted my time ,im sure i wasnt the only driver.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand what you mean by companies have to go through the labour board to get LMO'S. To hire foreign workers in Canada all companies have to have and LMO to get temp work permits for them. The company has to show evidence/ proof that they have been advertising for at least 3 months for Canadians to fill the post.The labour board after seeing this evidence/proof that canadians cannot fill the post will award LMO'S for foreign workers.There is no other way the government would allow work permits to be given without LMO'S.
Sorry, but I just have to correct this for the sake of anybody reading - there are numerous jobs that don't require a LMO, and if one is required then it must be advertised for at least 2 weeks in the previous 3 months, not 3 months in total.

Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

cocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Everybody is an expert, why don’t the experience people who live and work in Canada just tell people who the best company’s are to work for, it’s like a big secrete so you can keep this site going.

All transport companies are the same to work for in regarding driving hours, you want good money you work long hours, its how the job treats you that means a lot.

Only for jobs with LMO, and let’s say in Saskatchewan.
Who’s best for paying for training?
Who’s best for flatbeds?
Who’s best for tankers?
Who’s best for fridge work?
Who’s best for van work?
Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cocker
Everybody is an expert, why don’t the experience people who live and work in Canada just tell people who the best company’s are to work for, it’s like a big secrete so you can keep this site going.
Yeah, because this site is only going for the truckers. Never mind the other 188,000 members.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

cocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yeah, because this site is only going for the truckers. Never mind the other 188,000 members.
Please less of the nitpicking, it’s the same old story with ye all. I’m sure the other 187,000 are very happy with the response they get.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by cocker
Please less of the nitpicking, it’s the same old story with ye all. I’m sure the other 187,000 are very happy with the response they get.
Me nitpicking?! Pot, meet kettle.

Mine was a joke btw.............note the smilies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.