British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/urgent-interview-westcan-any-advice-761762/)

flat to the mat Jul 25th 2012 1:52 pm

Re: URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Originally Posted by hotelfreightliner (Post 10191574)
Lol Oh I love it when people presume, cos they make a complete ass of themselves ;-) lol.
Yes I said BETTER & I said GREAT.....But Where does it say BEST!!! lol. (Come on keep up sunshine, I know you checked out my other posts lol).

As for hubby being away too long, Did you really miss what my ID name is on here!! Look closely and it MIGHT come too you lol ;-) and as for the wine bit. I don't touch the stuff, plus no alcoholic allowed in the truck! Just good old caffeine for me

P.s Don't hide away from a question, you've been asked. Name them companies that pay $200k to immigrates, working 15on/7off?? As I can't think who your on about ;-) lol

Awaiting your next funny reply...... Hope you've learnt not to judge too quickly next time ;-)

:rofl: Living in a truck :eek: That must be a better quality of life ,oh and btw the word is immigrant not immigrates.
Not to sure where the attitude is coming from,cab fever maybe,but I've mentioned 3 good payers already,a fourth being Haliburton.As for employing IMMIGRANTS without PR ,well that's another issue,when you began advertising Timeline no mention was made of defined criteria.
Living in a Freightshaker :rofl:

hotelfreightliner Jul 25th 2012 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10192342)
:rofl: Living in a truck :eek: That must be a better quality of life ,oh and btw the word is immigrant not immigrates.
Not to sure where the attitude is coming from,cab fever maybe,but I've mentioned 3 good payers already,a fourth being Haliburton.As for employing IMMIGRANTS without PR ,well that's another issue,when you began advertising Timeline no mention was made of defined criteria.
Living in a Freightshaker :rofl:

I have an interview with Westcan and it's tomorrow, will be conducted over Skype on webcam.
I'm a little worried because I really want this job desparatly, can anyone give me any advice or pointers??

This could be our way to get over to Canada and don't want to mess up!!

Thanks in advance..........................

I posted a comment on here, thinking i was being helpful 'if it didn't work out with westcan' for this guy........ It was YOU who started with the Attitude & insults!! but now someone's questioning your comments, you don't like it!!. Cos what you have said so far is BS, total BS. None of what you have said is helpful to this guy 'and I presume his partner/family' as he had wrote OUR*.

And Yes as for Timeline I think their all great*:thumbsup: and I'm not the only one. They go above and beyond for all their drivers & their families.They've got all brand new trucks & there's always a great atmospher when you get back to the yard. The pay is very good and they treat you with respect. All the drivers get on..... What more could anyone ask for!!!!
And I'm not the only one, who thinks it -http://www.trucknews.com/news/company-profile-the-time-was-right-for-timeline/1001078051/

Now our children have grown up and left home. After 23 yrs, this is my husband & my time. I have meet a lot of great people over here, seen some amazing sights and stayed in some gorgeous places and as for FreightShake......Our BRAND NEW Freightliner doesn't shake!!!.......IT ROCKS LOL ;)

Oh and before you think of throwing your skitty comments. Grow a pair and put your photo on your profile. I'm sure a lot of people on here, would like to see what you look like too and you never know we might bump into each other and I'll get you a coffee and try and work out were your coming from!! lol

Sandra :)

flat to the mat Jul 25th 2012 6:11 pm

Refer to posts 21,22,23.:banghead:

Sue Jul 25th 2012 6:23 pm

It doesn't cost anything to be nice to other people and to see things from another person's point of view. There is no need for the nastiness, we are supposed to be here to help one another not pick holes.

Try and have a think how it looks to other people viewing this thread (infact a lot of the threads in this section seemed to end up going pear-shaped) it doesn't look good and will put people off posting.

Now I'm going to count to 10 ... and if the insults don't stop I'm going to close the thread ... and next time some heads might roll ;)

hotelfreightliner Jul 25th 2012 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 10192859)
It doesn't cost anything to be nice to other people and to see things from another person's point of view. There is no need for the nastiness, we are supposed to be here to help one another not pick holes.

Try and have a think how it looks to other people viewing this thread (infact a lot of the threads in this section seemed to end up going pear-shaped) it doesn't look good and will put people off posting.

Now I'm going to count to 10 ... and if the insults don't stop I'm going to close the thread ... and next time some heads might roll ;)

I apologies, sorry Sue.

lugs Jul 26th 2012 7:22 am

Hello Bal any news yet either good or bad.

Crushing Jul 27th 2012 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by lugs (Post 10193683)
Hello Bal any news yet either good or bad.

not heard anything from them so far, little concerned but hopefully hear something soon!:fingerscrossed:

schumachergal Jul 28th 2012 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 10192859)

Thought this site was to "help" people, and not to bitch in public on here, lighten up folks and if you cannot put smiley helpful stuff on here how about you PM each other and bitch that way instead. People must remember there are a lot of different emotions of people that are on this site and things can heat up at the slightest comment. Off my soapbox now LOL

pocket rocket Aug 19th 2012 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bal uk (Post 10197103)
not heard anything from them so far, little concerned but hopefully hear something soon!:fingerscrossed:

Hi mate, any news :fingerscrossed:

Crushing Sep 19th 2012 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by pocket rocket (Post 10235256)
Hi mate, any news :fingerscrossed:

very sorry guys for the delay, been extremely busy but received the good news and will be moving after winter passes. We are very happy and looking forward to the adventure . :thumbsup:

Gremmie Sep 20th 2012 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by lugs (Post 10127954)
Yeh same as me, ment to be with Marianna, any tips or things I should or shouldn't say.

Dont ask for BJ:eek: thats usually frowned upon in an interview:p

Sue Sep 20th 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bal uk (Post 10289037)
very sorry guys for the delay, been extremely busy but received the good news and will be moving after winter passes. We are very happy and looking forward to the adventure . :thumbsup:

Congratulations

Milanuk Sep 21st 2012 4:21 pm

Congratulation Bal UK !!! I have been offered a job in Timeline and will start over there next month. I always choose the more difficult option :-) Every driving job I started was in winter time :-)

Sue Sep 23rd 2012 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Milanuk (Post 10292920)
Congratulation Bal UK !!! I have been offered a job in Timeline and will start over there next month. I always choose the more difficult option :-) Every driving job I started was in winter time :-)

Congrats to you too :)

Milanuk Sep 23rd 2012 4:37 pm

Thank you very much Sue