Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:53 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Originally Posted by Bal uk View Post
have you got tanker experience, and is your family going over with you lugs?

When's your interview because I forgot to ask Marianna, how many U.K drivers will they be hiring? maybe you can ask her and let us know.....thanks.....
Good luck
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Just wanted to put a question out to you guys, I last heard from the lady who interviewed me on 22nd June to say she was looking to pass my file to the Manager but I have not heard anything since.

I know in Canada they like to take it nice and easy but should I be hearing some reply soon??

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bal uk View Post
Just wanted to put a question out to you guys, I last heard from the lady who interviewed me on 22nd June to say she was looking to pass my file to the Manager but I have not heard anything since.

I know in Canada they like to take it nice and easy but should I be hearing some reply soon??

Give em a call, don't bother with E mail, look into other companies as well. Been afew tips in other threads on here.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

lugs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bal had my Skype interview tonight with them. She said they are looking for at least 22 drivers and have 11 vacancies. She told me a couple of weeks till i found out if i was sucessful. Fingers crossed
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lugs View Post
Hi Bal had my Skype interview tonight with them. She said they are looking for at least 22 drivers and have 11 vacancies. She told me a couple of weeks till i found out if i was sucessful. Fingers crossed
Hi Lugs,

Hope it went well mate, I spoke to Marianna yesterday and she mentioned it will be another 1-2 weeks etc before they get round to replying to applicants.

Good luck to us and we can start a new and better career with Westcan soon...................
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

hotelfreightliner is an unknown quantity at this point

Have any of you heard of Timeline Logistics in Saskatoon, Canada??
Honestly, they are a great company. My husband works for them. They treat all their drivers excellent and are very respectful to their families. They have very smart new trucks and You will NOT find anyone better to work for.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Er............yes you will
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
Er............yes you will
Grrrrrr, No you won't, trust me lol
Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Hah ha,fifth post and every time mentioning Timeline You're not doing the company any favors by doing this,maybe you work for them,maybe your "husband"works for them,there again maybe not.They have a good reputation by all accounts but fools like you do them no help at all.
If they are as you are so sure the best company to work for,why aren't drivers banging down their door ? Do they pay $100k plus expenses and benefits for a 4 on/4off shift ? Do they pay $150/200k for a 15on/7off ? Is every minute on duty for them covered by wages ? We both know the answer but you insist on them being the best Get real .
Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Hah ha,fifth post and every time mentioning Timeline You're not doing the company any favors by doing this,maybe you work for them,maybe your "husband"works for them,there again maybe not.They have a good reputation by all accounts but fools like you do them no help at all.
If they are as you are so sure the best company to work for,why aren't drivers banging down their door ? Do they pay $100k plus expenses and benefits for a 4 on/4off shift ? Do they pay $150/200k for a 15on/7off ? Is every minute on duty for them covered by wages ? We both know the answer but you insist on them being the best Get real .
haha get a grip muppet. The one fool here is YOU!! Were did I write they were the best company??. I said their a GREAT COMPANY & yes I'm proud to say my husband works for them. Not heard one of their drivers complain about them!! My husband used to work for H&R and they treated you like dirt.
And you aint on $200K as an employee!!!.....Name them companies that are paying $200K to immigrates!!
And where's your photo on your profile? what u got to hide lol?

Last edited by hotelfreightliner; Jul 25th 2012 at 4:38 am.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Excuse me LOL,you did say that we'll not find a better company to work for.I only said that we could,and do.Judging by your last post I think that hubby has been away too long with the brilliant Timeline and you've had too much wine in his absence .
BTW.Rocksolid,Calfrac,Wellnite,check them out when you sober up
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Excuse me LOL,you did say that we'll not find a better company to work for.I only said that we could,and do.Judging by your last post I think that hubby has been away too long with the brilliant Timeline and you've had too much wine in his absence .
BTW.Rocksolid,Calfrac,Wellnite,check them out when you sober up
Lol Oh I love it when people presume, cos they make a complete ass of themselves ;-) lol.
Yes I said BETTER & I said GREAT.....But Where does it say BEST!!! lol. (Come on keep up sunshine, I know you checked out my other posts lol).

As for hubby being away too long, Did you really miss what my ID name is on here!! Look closely and it MIGHT come too you lol ;-) and as for the wine bit. I don't touch the stuff, plus no alcoholic allowed in the truck! Just good old caffeine for me

P.s Don't hide away from a question, you've been asked. Name them companies that pay $200k to immigrates, working 15on/7off?? As I can't think who your on about ;-) lol

Awaiting your next funny reply...... Hope you've learnt not to judge too quickly next time ;-)
Old Jul 25th 2012, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Have you read their pages!!
No mention of hiring foreign truck drivers for $200K with no PR. Infact I didn't see any offering that pay to a truck driver.
Maybe you should sobber up ;-) lol
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Haven't had a 'rumble' for a while on here, lol.....keeps things interesting!!
It's getting fairly common knowledge now of the companies to avoid and the ones that have a decent reputation, thanks to the guys that paved the way for us a few years ago. Dare I say it....even slowly improved drivers worth within the industry?! It's taken years here for the penny to drop with regards to driver retention, hopefully thats happening in Canada too! See you on the 12th!!!
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Come ladies and gents, lay of the name calling. Once one has descended to calling another person names we've already lost the argument

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.