UNFAIRLY DISMISSED

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough
Default Re: UNFAIRLY DISMISSED

I appreciate all the responses to this dilemma.
I have been in comms with the Labour board, whom are embarrassed by Timelines attitude and ignorance.Paperwork regarding complaints is being sent to me. I'm waiting for SINP to contact me, I have spoken to a manager at Timeline only 20 minutes ago, asking if they will pay for my flight, the message was passed to Bob (owner of Timeline) and the reply was NO! I said "the contract states the are responsible) I once again asked why was I sacked? No answer, nothing, not a blinking excuse or reason. This is totally bang out of order! In the year of 2014 no company should/can be allowed to treat employees like this. I would like to think that whilst on vacation no company should sack anyone. I believe that Timeline have shown that, they do not oblige to any contract, be it Immigration or employee.
The unprofessional attitude by any company treating its staff as Timeline have/are has to stop.
There is without doubt,two sides to every story!
Thanks again to everybody for your input, I am listening and following up what you are all saying.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Sorry to hear that , But I knew you would have fight on your hands , I have heard many other case's like yours and not just truck drivers that have been treated this way , Lots of horror stories on the main forum too , If you want to stop in SK I would concentrate on getting a position with another employer with LMO's and get back to work ASAP . Then you can concentrate on getting Justice from Timeline . And if it makes you feel any better Westcan are no better
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
They cant sack you whilst on vacation
If it a business decision but still hiring, well they cant do that either.
If they wont pay the air fare then they are in breech of the terms of the LMO etc.
I would ask for a written letter of termination just for your records.
Gremmie, you can say these companies can't do this or that and you're right but the fact of the matter is that they are doing these things and getting away with it.
All these contracts seem to be worthless when you are on a TWP.
IMHO the only result he'll get out of this are his flights paid.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your input KB44. I have an Application form for Westcan, I'm thinking about it.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Old Jul 4th 2014, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2royalgreenjackets
Thanks for your input KB44. I have an Application form for Westcan, I'm thinking about it.
Frying Pan & Fire.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Whoops,sorry KB33, Immigration have Spoken to Timeline, laid out the law, he (Bob) is paying for my flight, Immigration asked for the reasons of sacking me, nothing, he gave no reason. Anyway, I'm off to visit a huge organization and discuss the treatment I have received from Timeline. I don't want others to be treated the way Timeline have treated me.

Hi Neilg14, any chance of elaborating on Westcan please.im looking at Saskatoon, as I'm already in Saskatoon. Thanks.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

No first hand knowledge but they seem about the same as the other big players as in the way they treat you from what I've read from drivers.
Met 3 of their drivers at the same time, in the Flying J at Hanna a couple of years ago, usual complaints, money, lies etc. all 3 wanted to jump ship to H&R, I have since seen 2 out the 3 at H&R.
best of luck.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Going from westcan to H&R ? Seems an odd decision , at least Westcan pay for layovers and waiting time albeit at a lower rate , more home time , less time in the truck . Alright some cant hack the stuff they haul , but to me a far better proposition than H&R . One thing though I know with the takeover at Westcan they are thinking of closing a number of terminals down , I would talk with some brit drivers at SK depot and get their views .
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Gremmie, you can say these companies can't do this or that and you're right but the fact of the matter is that they are doing these things and getting away with it.
All these contracts seem to be worthless when you are on a TWP.
IMHO the only result he'll get out of this are his flights paid.
I guess the fact that they are paying his flights kinda proves they didnt get away with it
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I guess the fact that they are paying his flights kinda proves they didnt get away with it
It's not just the flights though is it ?
It's the fact you can just be dumped with no explanation.
The driver I spoke to in Lethbridge that the same thing happened to had brought his family out only a fortnight before, fired no explanation, luckily he managed to get another WP.
I hope this OP gets some justice and there is some comeback on these companies.

Last edited by neilg14; Jul 6th 2014 at 3:56 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

There only paying his flights because it's the law , they can fire anyone anytime without reason , they'll probably get away with it , but I defiantly don't agree with it , as I said Victorian workers rights here .
Old Jul 6th 2014, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
It's not just the flights though is it ?
It's the fact you can just be dumped with no explanation.
The driver I spoke to in Lethbridge that the same thing happened to had brought his family out only a fortnight before, fired no explanation, luckily he managed to get another WP.
I hope this OP gets some justice and there is some comeback on these companies.

its a small victory, and to think just a few months ago Timeline were the flavor of the month
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again for your input.
I have filed a complaint to the Labour Board, let's hope this goes somewhere, Timeline have kept back my Vacation pay, almost $2000CDN, it appears I won't be paid it, an ex colleague mentioned TimeLine do this all the time

I don't mean to show bitterness regarding Timeline,I'm giving a heads up to particular individuals who have looked at the Website and fancy contacting them.if anybody has any questions,please ask.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 30th 2014 at 11:31 am. Reason: Comments about an individual removed.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I should watch what you're saying for a minute or two until it's resolved, it could come back and bite you on the ass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.