UNFAIRLY DISMISSED

Old Jun 28th 2014, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough
Default UNFAIRLY DISMISSED

I have been dismissed by my Employer, they have given no reason,except for, " ITS NOT PERSONAL,ITS BUSINESS"
I have completed 10 months, and on a Work Permit.
I'm after any kind of legal advice.
I have convinced myself that this act by my employer is unlawful.
I'm hoping that should I find a new employer,can my time continue, or do I have to stat again?
They have violated a few agreements, they won't fund my flight ticket, and they haven't reimbursed by flight ticket from last September.
My employer sacked me whilst I was on holiday.
If you have had similar experience or you know of anyone who has suffered the same, you input will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 10:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UNFAIRLY DISMISSED

Originally Posted by 2royalgreenjackets
I have been dismissed by my Employer, they have given no reason,except for, " ITS NOT PERSONAL,ITS BUSINESS"
I'm hoping that should I find a new employer,can my time continue, or do I have to stat again?
They have violated a few agreements, they won't fund my flight ticket, and they haven't reimbursed by flight ticket from last September.
If you have had similar experience or you know of anyone who has suffered the same, you input will be greatly appreciated.
Not sure what country you're in, but you might get more responses if you post in the part of the forum that belongs to that country. Labour laws vary from country to country.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I'd talk to the Labour Board , Pretty sure you don't have a leg to stand on though , Victorian workers rights here , You may have to talk with a lawyer about getting your flight tickets reimbursed as well . Would imagine getting another employer with an LMO wouldn't be too hard in SK if you wanted to stay ?
Good Luck
Old Jun 29th 2014, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

What does your lmo and contract of employment say?? there is normally conditions that they have to meet to get the lmo in the first place.
Mine was that they had to pay for a round trip back to the UK if it didn't work out they couldn't charge me for any of the training that they paid for but it states that any party had give notice of termination of one week after the 3 month probation was up! Not sure how long you worked for them but I would look for an immigration lawyer and go see them as they would give you the best advice.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

He did 10 month , even so they can hire an fire at will here , contract means nothing .
Old Jun 29th 2014, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

aye flights to canada and back home have to be paid no exceptions ...if they wont pay up .labour board ,,complain to CIC and if found to be in the wrong they will be stopped from getting any more LMOs.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

He'll have to pay for flights first ( if he's going back ) then try and get the refund through the courts , could takes months , contract of employment will mean zilch
Old Jun 29th 2014, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

pity hes in SK as MB enforces the flight home rule..all it takes is a complaint .
Old Jun 30th 2014, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

who were you with ?? go to the local CIC office and I am sure they will get results.. And yes you have to start over again, But CIC might be willing to help you
Old Jun 30th 2014, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Many thanks for taking time to respond.
My Contract states the company pay for my flights,I have asked them if they will, sadly I'm getting to silent treatment.it also states they can terminate my contract at any time,
I have spoken to Terri who works for the Labour board, I will be on the phone on Monday.
I will be heading off to the Immigration office (Saskatoon)on a Monday, I will ask for the CIC office.
I'm hoping I don't have to start again!
If Timeline are allowed to do this, sadly they will do it again and again.
Once again many thanks for your input.
Oh the COMPANY IS TIMELINE LOGISTIC. Saskatoon.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's not personal, why are they giving you the silent treatment ?
Spoke to a driver a couple of month ago that had the same thing happen to him in Lethbridge (not H&R), he got fired, nothing personal they told him, no explanation, just fired him, he contacted the labour board and got told, nothing they can do about it.
He was 6 weeks waiting to change WP
Old Jun 30th 2014, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you been nominated yet and going through the PR process? If so, you might not have to start the whole process again.
If you can get a job with a SINP approved trucking firm, then it might be just a case of changing your work permit to the new employer at the border.
This is what happens in MB, so I'm assuming it might be the same for SK. Then you'd have to let the CIC agent dealing with your PR application know you've changed firms.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

My Contract states the company pay for my flights,I have asked them if they will, sadly I'm getting to silent treatment.it also states they can terminate my contract at any time,
I have spoken to Terri who works for the Labour board, I will be on the phone on Monday.
I will be heading off to the Immigration office (Saskatoon)on a Monday, I will ask for the CIC office.
Thought Timeline were busy recruiting ? If you have a genuine case contact the Saskatchewan Trucking Association , based in toontown, they're always happy to promote the immigrant nominee program so should be able to offer some assistance .

Last edited by flat to the mat; Jun 30th 2014 at 3:46 am.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

hopefully they will sort it for you on monday and you can just find another company with an lmo and keep your dream alive
Old Jul 1st 2014, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

They cant sack you whilst on vacation
If it a business decision but still hiring, well they cant do that either.
If they wont pay the air fare then they are in breech of the terms of the LMO etc.
I would ask for a written letter of termination just for your records.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.