Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP long haul truckers

Why can't I find anything on it online? Lol
I will have a look at those, and defiantly look at smaller companies too thanks
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Why can't I find anything on it online? Lol
No idea, a quick Google for 'Manitoba PNP' brought the website straight up as the first result for me?? Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada | Official government website of the MPNP

HTH.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Try Ideal Driver Training in Winnipeg ,the guys name is Lubo he is supplying drivers for Transx.Bison have a good website,I dont if it says anything on it about LMOs ,you can call them
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No idea, a quick Google for 'Manitoba PNP' brought the website straight up as the first result for me?? Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada | Official government website of the MPNP

HTH.
So, I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but you can get a TWP as a trucker in any province, but only certain provinces will nominate you for PR?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Try Ideal Driver Training in Winnipeg ,the guys name is Lubo he is supplying drivers for Transx.Bison have a good website,I dont if it says anything on it about LMOs ,you can call them
I will have a look, thanks. We're not quite ready to apply for anything yet, but hopefully won't be long and I will defiantly follow up on these leads
Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

So, I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but you can get a TWP as a trucker in any province, but only certain provinces will nominate you for PR?
Most foreign drivers head for AB,SK or MB.Ontario dont give truck drivers PR,I havent heard of Quebec companies hiring on LMOs,the eastern provinces mainly NB and NF do LMOs but dont pay very good.BC you need a fortune to buy a trailer home.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

amy ..try gladstone transfer ltd..they are lmo ready.. gladstone mb.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

Amy....
I can only tell you about SK becouse this is the province where I live....
as far as I know....the more faraway from Saskatoon you live, the cheaper rent you can get :-) In Saskatoon 3 bed house will cost you about 1700 including bills in average...if you live one hour far away it can be 1000 or so...
I am a single guy so I live found a room in share house for 500 a month including all bills....
I spend by myself for food and phone bills etc monthly about 800 to 900 CAD....but I dont save every cent....I eat in restaurants every day, I only eat breakfast in the truck....
The most of us who run to states are shopping mainly in states becouse its a lot cheaper...
I have got a friend here and he brought over his wife and 3 kids....and they live only from his wages and they are ok...not rich of course but living on one wage is never easy...

I am working in Timeline logistic in Saskatoon....unfortunately they dont have any LMOs at the moment...it seems to me like they didnt get LMOs for some long period of time...
some of our drivers moved over from eastern Canada....the main reason was very low wages there....
another couple came over from Ontario...reason.....cant get PR there....
AB, SK and MB seems to be the best provinces to get PR but the immigration law is going to go thru a big change starting next year....nobody knows how it is going to affect driving jobs but I think it shouldnt becouse they still need drivers here...
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly right. Because truck driver isn't a 'skilled' job, you can't get PR under any of the Federal programs such as FSW or CEC, so you can only get PR in a province that allows it under their PNP.

HTH.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Exactly right. Because truck driver isn't a 'skilled' job, you can't get PR under any of the Federal programs such as FSW or CEC, so you can only get PR in a province that allows it under their PNP.

HTH.
Makes sense I suppose.
Could you not apply for CEC after a year? Seen as you've been living the lifestyle as it would be?
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Makes sense I suppose.
Could you not apply for CEC after a year? Seen as you've been living the lifestyle as it would be?
No, because to qualify for CEC you need a year of full-time skilled work experience - therefore a truck driver wouldn't qualify.

Determine your eligibility – Canadian Experience Class

HTH.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Most foreign drivers head for AB,SK or MB.Ontario dont give truck drivers PR,I havent heard of Quebec companies hiring on LMOs,the eastern provinces mainly NB and NF do LMOs but dont pay very good.BC you need a fortune to buy a trailer home.
We would like saskatchewan but will go where ever the work takes us. And as for the eastern provinces, they probably wouldn't pay enough to support us...
Old Jun 17th 2014, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Milanuk
AB, SK and MB seems to be the best provinces to get PR but the immigration law is going to go thru a big change starting next year....nobody knows how it is going to affect driving jobs but I think it shouldnt becouse they still need drivers here...
I googled this and found regulatory plans for 2014-2016. Obviously I know things can change, and what I read probably is a short summary of what to expect, but it didn't seem there would be a change. Mainly spoke about LMO's and employers for tfwp. So here's hoping
Will also reply to you PM shortly.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmc
amy ..try gladstone transfer ltd..they are lmo ready.. gladstone mb.
Seems their website isn't working right now, there is a phone number though, thanks. Do the LMO's have a certain criteria the applicant will need to meet?
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

i believe if i mind rightly,,,,holding a hgv/commercial drivers licence for 2 yrs is what mb wants.
but i might be wrong being a thick unskilled driver. !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.