TWP long haul truckers

Old Jun 9th 2014, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP long haul truckers

Could you guys give me some names of a few decent companies, or some that may be hiring?
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Could you guys give me some names of a few decent companies, or some that may be hiring?
I know a 2 drivers from this site who are coming to Canada this month with LMOs from H&R ,try them but you may have missed the boat for them this year.Bison I hear are waiting on LMOs coming through another one from Manitoba is Tranx.I have heard through these threads DJ Knoll are doing LMOs but I dont know anything about them.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

I have got two friends in D J Knoll and they seem to be happy....they now apply for PR...
I dont know anything about their wages but it looks they get regular time off...

Amy1807....you mainly need to speak to the companies...ask them if they have LMO available...they will also tell you what to do if you want to bring your family over....its not difficult.
Tell them truth about the driving experience and you will see......
If any company has spare LMO they can use it to bring you over.....the company will probably do a phone interview with you and if they are happy they will offer you a job....they will email you job offer and LMO with your name....they should also pay for your flight ticket.....once you land in Canada you will show these paperwork to the customs people and they will issue Work Permit....you will have to pay a fee CAD 150....it takes only a few minutes....you dont need to proof any funds etc....the name of your epmloyer will be showen on the Work Permit and you can work only for this company.....after 6 months you can apply for PR....in Saskatchewan it usually takes 8 weeks to get your PR nomination from the provincial office.....once you get your nomination you still have to apply for PR with the goverment....but....by this time you can change your job....but you can only go to another company in the same province that is doing long haul and they are aproved by the province to hire foreign drivers....

When I was about to fly over here in October 2012 my boss told me to bring CAD 5000 with me becouse I had to pay for my Class 1 licence and to have some money till the first pay cheque arrives....and it was just enaugh....but I didnt need to proof this money anywhere.....

Read the Thread "LMO Companies".....you will find some companies with LMOs there....but its not guaranteed they still have spare LMOs.....

And one more thing.....you can send emails to the companies to apply for a job with them or to contact them......sometimes they will not respond to you....nobody knows why....but if they dont respond it doesnt mean anything.....just give them call....I think they want you to show some effort.....
Old Jun 15th 2014, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys.
Neil, can you come over to work in manitoba for trucking company? I searched but all I could find is info on truckers going to Saskatchewan?
Very helpful info Milanuk

I read somewhere that the wages for companies who have LMOs are really low, and if you have a family, you will struggle to get by on this wage. What (if anything) do you's know or of this?
Old Jun 15th 2014, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys.
Neil, can you come over to work in manitoba for trucking company? I searched but all I could find is info on truckers going to Saskatchewan?

I read somewhere that the wages for companies who have LMOs are really low, and if you have a family, you will struggle to get by on this wage. What (if anything) do you's know or of this?
Old Jun 15th 2014, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

amy 1807....the wages paid to twps must be the same amount as they pay to locals.it will be in the job advert used to get your LMO..in MB you will get a contract with the min amount paid every month used to be $3500 for first 3 months then $4000 for rest of your contract.
will you struggle to get by??no body but you can answer that as we dont know what sort of lifestyle you want!.
jimmy.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jimmy,
No, I don't think we would struggle on $3500-$4000/month, as long as the cost of living for an average joe isn't too high!
That's encouraging to hear, thanks
Old Jun 15th 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jimmy,
No, I don't think we would struggle on $3500-$4000/month, as long as the cost of living for an average joe isn't too high!
Old Jun 15th 2014, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jimmy,
The cost of living will be around the same as in the UK as a rough guide, so if you can easily survive on the UK equivalent of that (around £1900), then you should be fine (unless you've got 8 children to support or want to live an extravagant life!).

Don't forget though that your spouse won't be able to work until you get PR in MB, so you'll need to be fine on that one income for a couple of years, you won't be able to top it up.

Good luck.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

no not quite correct ....if you apply for MBPNP nomination after 6months employment and they agree to nominate..you can then get an open WP for your OH instead of waiting till you receive PR,i did it this way as did many others in MB on this forum.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know anything about the mbpnp for truckers. Could you provide a link for info? We have only looked at sinp. Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2014, 8:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc
no not quite correct ....if you apply for MBPNP nomination after 6months employment and they agree to nominate..you can then get an open WP for your OH instead of waiting till you receive PR,i did it this way as did many others in MB on this forum.
You shouldn't be able to, as the job's not skilled, but hey! That still gives at least 9 months of the spouse not being able to work anyway, so they'd need to be able to make sure they can survive on one wage and my advice still stands.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

yup ,about 9 months is what it took,from starting work then applying for mnpnp 6 months in(letter from employer needed stating they would offer a fulltime job if PR is obtained). and 3 months till we got a thumbs up .
applying for mbpnp after working for 6 months ,then applying for PR is the way the majority of ex TwP i know in MB ended up with receiving PR within 2years of arriving in MB.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jimmy is right, it takes around 9 months to acquire nomination in MB as a TFW, and then the spouse can get an open work permit with some exceptions ie: medical, education, farming and exotic dancing (seriously) lol. For me it took 20 months from entering Canada to receiving PR.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Yes you can come to Manitoba and work for a truck company,I think MB is similiar to SK with there Provincial Nominee Programs.The ones I know doing LMOs in MB,Bison ,Transx and there are other smaller companies just got to do a search.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.