TWP long haul truckers

Old May 28th 2014, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP long haul truckers

Just curious, how much experience do you need to get a TWP for the long haul truck driver sub cat? I can't find an answer anywhere. I know companies will want a few years, but what do the immigration office want?
Old May 29th 2014, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP long haul truckers

Supposedly 2 years .
Old May 29th 2014, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,its usually 2yrs but I seen some drivers come over get a work permit and you know they are not truck drivers.
Old May 29th 2014, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Yes,its usually 2yrs but I seen some drivers come over get a work permit and you know they are not truck drivers.
How do they manage that then?! They would have no experience lol
Old May 29th 2014, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Do you think if you had 1 years experience with a job offer and LMO they would give u the TWP?
Old May 29th 2014, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Smile Re: TWP long haul truckers

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Do you think if you had 1 years experience with a job offer and LMO they would give u the TWP?
If you get an job offer with a LMO you done the hard part, and you can get you TWP visa at the port if entry!
Old May 30th 2014, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I knew one driver who had 3 accidents in a year,hit a bridge,did damage to the trailer then finally rolled a fuel tanker .They wouldnt give him his 3rd LMO,silly billy didnt apply for his PR.If you got a 1 yr just blag it
Old May 30th 2014, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smudger75
If you get an job offer with a LMO you done the hard part, and you can get you TWP visa at the port if entry!
How long does it take on average too get a TWP? AND what do you think the chances of the LMO being approved are with 1 years experience?
I'm not sure I could just book flights n turn up n be like 'yeah give me a work permit please' lol. My nerves would be shot the entire flight!
Old May 30th 2014, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilcumming
I knew one driver who had 3 accidents in a year,hit a bridge,did damage to the trailer then finally rolled a fuel tanker .They wouldnt give him his 3rd LMO,silly billy didnt apply for his PR.If you got a 1 yr just blag it
To be honest, there doesn't seem like there is a guide for it, I have searched everywhere and can't find a definite answer. Just that to apply for the sinp you need 2 years experience which he will have by the time we apply. So I think blagging it will do lol.
Do LMOs have a time limit?
Old May 31st 2014, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

You will need the LMO before you fly over or you may have problems at customs.My TWPs lasted 1yr and it s easy to re-new them for another year.
Old May 31st 2014, 10:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, there doesn't seem like there is a guide for it, I have searched everywhere and can't find a definite answer. Just that to apply for the sinp you need 2 years experience which he will have by the time we apply. So I think blagging it will do lol.
Do LMOs have a time limit?
You'd have to apply for your TWP before your LMO expires. Most apply for their TWP's at POE, but if you're worried about it you can apply via London, that takes around 8-10 weeks.

As for the experience, the 2/3 years often quoted is partly because most companies won't go to the hassle/expense of a LMO app for somebody with less experience, and the LMO is less likely to be granted. Remember that for the LMO you're supposed to be more qualified than any Canadian applicants - HRSDC might struggle to agree with that if you've only got a year's experience.

HTH, good luck.
Old May 31st 2014, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You'd have to apply for your TWP before your LMO expires. Most apply for their TWP's at POE, but if you're worried about it you can apply via London, that takes around 8-10 weeks.

As for the experience, the 2/3 years often quoted is partly because most companies won't go to the hassle/expense of a LMO app for somebody with less experience, and the LMO is less likely to be granted. Remember that for the LMO you're supposed to be more qualified than any Canadian applicants - HRSDC might struggle to agree with that if you've only got a year's experience.

HTH, good luck.
Thanks, that's very helpful. Would applying at POE be the same as if you did it in England? In terms of bringing the family along?

Ok, I suppose there's no harm in applying for jobs after 1 years experience, and if it doesn't happen straight away then it's not a problem because the whole time he'd still be working and getting more experience.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 8:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, that's very helpful. Would applying at POE be the same as if you did it in England? In terms of bringing the family along?
Yes. You can look at the Wiki for info on applying via either method, but basically it's the same thing. Slightly more risk if you apply at POE I guess, but then you save yourself 8-10 weeks of processing time, so that may outweigh the risk, particularly if you have an impatient employer. Many employers just aren't prepared to wait another 2 or 3 months after already waiting 3 or 4 months for the LMO, so applying at POE is how most on the forum do it and I've yet to hear of anybody that's been refused and turned around.

Ok, I suppose there's no harm in applying for jobs after 1 years experience, and if it doesn't happen straight away then it's not a problem because the whole time he'd still be working and getting more experience.
Sounds like a plan.

Best of luck.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Do you need proof of funds for the TWP? If so how much? And I have read a few places that TWP have been rejected as they weren't satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada once TWP ends, any further info on this?

Thanks everyone
Old Jun 1st 2014, 3:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Do you need proof of funds for the TWP? If so how much? And I have read a few places that TWP have been rejected as they weren't satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada once TWP ends, any further info on this?
Proof of funds is only needed for PR apps, not TWP's. You'll still need about the amount CIC suggest as their proof of funds though just to get set up in Canada, so use that as a guide anyway.

As for proof you'll leave Canada, it would be unusual for a British citizen to be refused a TWP on that basis. Several years of working in immigration and being a mod on this forum, and I've never heard of it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.