Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Trucking in Lethbridge Alberta

Trucking in Lethbridge Alberta

Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

shedlock2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trucking in Lethbridge Alberta

Originally Posted by dinger24
Yes I know what you mean, when we are away from home we stick together, strange!
So is $1000 achievable, in that how long are you away and how long are you home?
We intend to come over, me and the wife, the kids are remaining in the UK, oldest is married and the youngest is at college, so I am a bit concerned that the wee wifey will be a bit left out, which will make it a bit harder for her to settle. I think my youngest will come over in a couple of years, once she has completed her courses etc. The married one well she is obviously independent of us, but I suspect she and her husband would consider coming over at some time.
You gotta work hard for it, if your lucky and your liked, you may get california rounders, 3300 miles per trip a push at 5 and a half days but dooable, and if you live in lethbridge, then a day and a half off, if not, then you have to do two rounders ina month to texas or new yourk, will give you 3 or 4 days off, depending how hard you drive, and how lil sleep you get, and hope you dont get abandoned in the east someplace.

But it can be done. A more accurate figure, supplying time home ( 4 -6 days a month, would be around 500-800 bucks, but you can still make the big bucks if your face fits, n dispatch love you!

I hope it all works for you, the BH could go with you, but it does get a lil boring for her.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all been living in alberta for 2 years now in lloydminster but we came over on a recce and had job interviews in lethbridge with H&R,JK trucking and Hewson transport in milkriver i didn`t want to be away from home so took the job with hoffman oilfeld service the company is okay to work for but you won`t earn the big bucks and they do have afew fault`s like any trucking firm but was home every night. One brit spoilt it for alot of people coming over as he was saying they will earn $80 to $90 a year which is not the case so afew family`s went home as their expectation`s of pay was way short of what they was told. However the company got onto PNP as manufacturing as short haul would`nt get you residence. They are still recruiting i believe but i no longer work for them. Lloydminster is very expensive house`s are now just starting to come down in price. We like it here in canada but we shall move away from lloydminster one day its got everything we need but we are mile`s from anywhere.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi daz n jaz
How does the BH like it, or dislike it. You mention the money wasnt that good. There will be only me and the wife will a trucking wage be comfortable to live off?
Old Nov 17th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daz and jac
hi all been living in alberta for 2 years now in lloydminster but we came over on a recce and had job interviews in lethbridge with H&R,JK trucking and Hewson transport in milkriver i didn`t want to be away from home so took the job with hoffman oilfeld service the company is okay to work for but you won`t earn the big bucks and they do have afew fault`s like any trucking firm but was home every night. One brit spoilt it for alot of people coming over as he was saying they will earn $80 to $90 a year which is not the case so afew family`s went home as their expectation`s of pay was way short of what they was told. However the company got onto PNP as manufacturing as short haul would`nt get you residence. They are still recruiting i believe but i no longer work for them. Lloydminster is very expensive house`s are now just starting to come down in price. We like it here in canada but we shall move away from lloydminster one day its got everything we need but we are mile`s from anywhere.
And its just about to get alot colder too!!! Good luck with your move, im not sure where i want to settle in Alberta yet. I likes the mountains, and wants me a log home someplace, but i havent yet won the lottery!! LOL
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shedlock2000
I currently work for H and R transport, but there are a few other companies in lethbridge and close by. I am not realy one of those H and R yes men either.... much to their dismay! So i can and do advise people objectivly, if H and R is your choice.

Hi, would you know a Matyn Gapp, an ex Brit on the road full time with H & R. I Believe he travels around with his wife, wondered how he was getting on. He's my ex bil.

Dean
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Trucking in Lethbridge Alberta

Originally Posted by deannos
Hi, would you know a Matyn Gapp, an ex Brit on the road full time with H & R. I Believe he travels around with his wife, wondered how he was getting on. He's my ex bil.

Dean
Hey dean, maybe, is his wife val? There's a few martyns here!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Hey dean, maybe, is his wife val? There's a few martyns here!

Not sure about his wifes name, but his truck number is 3150.

cheers Dean
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

cheers Dean
not sure, there's a lot of trucks! I'm not sure of that number. I will have a word around and see if it's the fella I think it is!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

cheers Dean
Here's a pic of him and his rig
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

ahh, yes i know martyn, and his wife is val. Im not sure where thats taken, looks like a brake check in BC somewhere, ish. I dont see them much, but i see them about. You want me to pass em a message?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

ahh, yes i know martyn, and his wife is val. Im not sure where thats taken, looks like a brake check in BC somewhere, ish. I dont see them much, but i see them about. You want me to pass em a message?
That looks like the brake check just before Golden. In fact I bet he is resting the camera on the wall next to the road .

Had a pi$$ in the toilets many a time
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

anchorman632 is an unknown quantity at this point

I aint no gospel on the matter, but i try to help if i can. Not sure about hewsons. Not heard of them ( but im not an authority!) I think most people here will try to help, ex pats usually stick together, im not sure why, cos we dont when we were all back home!
you got that right! its every man for him self back here in dismal uk.
the situation on the driving front is gettin pretty bad here. theres supposed to be a shortage of drivers here, but tryin to get a job is hard. employers only want agency drivers.

im coming to canada in march/april to drive for h & r out of lethbridge & cant wait to get away from here. the info you give out is a big help, thanks.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Just wish em the best and tell him i might see him around sometime.

Thanks
Dean
Old Nov 27th 2008, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

dinkydonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anchorman632
you got that right! its every man for him self back here in dismal uk.
the situation on the driving front is gettin pretty bad here. theres supposed to be a shortage of drivers here, but tryin to get a job is hard. employers only want agency drivers.

im coming to canada in march/april to drive for h & r out of lethbridge & cant wait to get away from here. the info you give out is a big help, thanks.
Hi, (sorry about the name 'got a very cruel wife with a sick sense of humour', hence the id name).
been offered a driving job with H & R and going out in April next year as the airbreaking course is on the 17th or thereabouts
Paul
Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

anchorman632 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dinkydonk
Hi, (sorry about the name 'got a very cruel wife with a sick sense of humour', hence the id name).
been offered a driving job with H & R and going out in April next year as the airbreaking course is on the 17th or thereabouts
Paul
hi

we will probably be goin over at same time then. just tryin to get as much info as poss before i go.

im goin over alone & will be living in the truck/hotel for the first few months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.