Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Trucking in Lethbridge Alberta

Trucking in Lethbridge Alberta

Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trucking in Lethbridge Alberta

Originally Posted by kb33
That looks like the brake check just before Golden. In fact I bet he is resting the camera on the wall next to the road .

Had a pi$$ in the toilets many a time
And i pee,d on the wall
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

dinkydonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anchorman632
hi

we will probably be goin over at same time then. just tryin to get as much info as poss before i go.

im goin over alone & will be living in the truck/hotel for the first few months.
Same here, will be living in the truck for a while, until i see what the jobs like and then the wife and children will come out after
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys and dolls

To all the guys due to come out in 2009 to drive from the Lethbridge depot if you need to ask any info about the town and surrounding areas give me a shout.

Not a trucker or his wife but live in Lethbridge.

Good luck to all of you

gaynor
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

frankiecarrie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. My partner, girls and I are coming to Lethbridge in January (just waitiing for the work permit in the post). We both have jobs lined up with H&R Transport.

I've been searching on the internet for rental properties(acreage) in the Lethbridge region, within a 60 km radius. I check each day with the Lethbridge Herald and Kijiji, but so far without success!! Any advice would be appreciated.
Carrie
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

sheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud of

Hi,

If you check homefinders.ca they will be able to find you a rental place in Lethbridge. For your information Lethbridge is a very difficult place to find rental accomodation as the vacancy rate is only about 1%.

Alternatively look at Craigs list.com where you will also find rental properties.

Lethbridge is fab by the way and you will love it !

Darren
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for that info. I think we'll also have to consider Calgary and Edmonton as alternative areas.
Carrie
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheffspurs
Hi,

If you check homefinders.ca they will be able to find you a rental place in Lethbridge. For your information Lethbridge is a very difficult place to find rental accomodation as the vacancy rate is only about 1%.

Alternatively look at Craigs list.com where you will also find rental properties.

Lethbridge is fab by the way and you will love it !

Darren
Just to add to what Darren said try googling a company called Godlonton Realty - they have a rental company they might have something for you.

BTW - Hiya up there in Oks
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:25 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by frankiecarrie
Hi. My partner, girls and I are coming to Lethbridge in January (just waitiing for the work permit in the post). We both have jobs lined up with H&R Transport.

I've been searching on the internet for rental properties(acreage) in the Lethbridge region, within a 60 km radius. I check each day with the Lethbridge Herald and Kijiji, but so far without success!! Any advice would be appreciated.
Carrie
Saw one the other day on my travels, just in my area as well
if you want me to give them a buzz for you just advise, ill write there number down for you on my travels tmz just incase, looks really nice as well from the outside
Also gaynor helped us come into town and we have a good bond with the reality guy, if you can advise when you are coming in i can speak to him or pass me your email addi

hope that helps
Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrie
Hiya Carrie

Just as a note to what Moondevil said.

Congrats with the jobs with H & R

Are you seriously hoping to find an acreage to rent ?????? If you are then I really think that you will be sorrily disappointed - they are like moondust to start with to buy let alone to rent. If you see Sheffspurs comments lethbridge is quite hard to rent a property in - maybe you should stretch your search to places like stirling, Mcgrath, Coaldale, Coalhurst and raymond - all much smaller towns but with easy access to H & R Depot in Lethbridge and their depot at Milk River.

I also know that if you live around behind where the Ramada is which is on the south side and at the junction of Scenic and mayor mcgrath ( you will see this easily on the google maps there is actually a place where the truckers can park up there cabs on their days off

I went through a few scary weeks with Moondevil where I thought that they would be camped out in my basement as there were not places coming up - although she did have to compete with the students coming back in town whereas you are coming up to the time where you will be up against just normal renters as opposed to the students needing the accom too

Having met a number of different realtos in my travels buying my own house and also looking for Moondevil's house I have a good vibe about Jason who helped the Moons out although part of his company does not have a good reputation he is part of the private property management company so he is answerable to the people who actaully own the houses he rents out. funny enough he is a Brit

your comments regarding Calgary and Edmonton - from the last i heard the property to rent down here is on a par if not a little more expensive. this is not because it is a fancy area but because of the limit of rental properties there are usually available.

I looked at larger cities in Alberta when we were coming out here - hubby got offers in both Calgary and Edmonton and from what we wanted in our new life we plumped for the "smaller" town as we had been in the rat race so long in the UK that we wanted to get out of it.

I also find (and someone is bound to kick me for this comment - but what the hell) that the larger cities are more materialistic than the smaller towns. I know this when I compare my cousins (one lives here and one in Calgary) - so if you want to "keep up with Jones'" and battle the traffic :curse: then go for a larger city if not come to a smaller town.

Good luck with all the research etc

Gaynor
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:19 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hi

Just to add as well if you want to see what it is like to live on a farm area and be out of town then i do know someone that rents houses out on her farm, she does do it for vacation, but at that time of year and i am sure that if we spoke to her then you would cut you adeal until you find something within the area.

i have to admit that living in town is not my ideal place, as i do come from a very rural area of the uk, but it feels different and the area that this house is in is very quiet.

Jason is also very willing to deal with people from the uk, as he did with us and like gaynor said although the company that he works for is not brilliant, he runs totally seperate and a great guy, he came round the other week and we managed to have a good natter

If you are looking at real rural, then you may have to buy, not heard of anything rent wise in that field, maybe better to take option a in town or the other option of the farm, but as the snow is coming, maybe better to see what that is like before you buy land

Jason does advertise in the papers, thats how i found him
But if you goto calgary etc you will be unable to find that land at the prices down here....hope that helps

plus the lady on the farm can help sort term, we was going in there when we landed if we couldnt secure this rental, didnt fancy renting a split house etc, not with kids.

if you need any help, i am sure that between gaynor and i we could get you in contact with people
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for being so helpful.
Could you perhaps contact the lady with the farm to find out if she is willing to accept dogs with the houses she rents out.
Can you also let me know what area she lives in, as we would need to make arrangements for our two daughters to go to school somewhere in the vicinity.

I have come across acreage properties to rent in the Lethbridge region, but it was a couple of months ago. Typical, we won't be able to find anything when we are seriously looking!! I've found that properties in Calgary are very expensive, they want $2500 per month for an acreage, they may look good but we're not paying that much....
If you have Jason's number can you let me know and I'll give him a call.

Thanks again
Carrie
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:49 pm

Hi,
Thanks for being so helpful.
Could you perhaps contact the lady with the farm to find out if she is willing to accept dogs with the houses she rents out.
Can you also let me know what area she lives in, as we would need to make arrangements for our two daughters to go to school somewhere in the vicinity.

I have come across acreage properties to rent in the Lethbridge region, but it was a couple of months ago. Typical, we won't be able to find anything when we are seriously looking!! I've found that properties in Calgary are very expensive, they want $2500 per month for an acreage, they may look good but we're not paying that much....
If you have Jason's number can you let me know and I'll give him a call.

Thanks again
Carrie
I can already answer the dog question and im afraid that it is a no, as it is a working farm, they will not allow pets, i will PM you jasons email address through, just tell him gill gave it to you

When we was looking you will find it hard with pets, so the best bet would be get what you can, we did and we are near agood school, ill get you the telephone number of the rental round the corner, but ill give the info via PM now as dont want to put the info on a open forum

Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I know of an acreage totally reno'd on the way down the Coutts highway towards Stirling. 1500 sqfoot bi level home - basement needs to be developed, just under 2 acres selling price I think is in Excess of $425,000 - private sale but beautiful property. if you go towards mcgrath and a little south then you will get something cheaper.

Am sure that Minihaha has details of a kennels as am sure that she put Gary and Twink in when she was moving down from Calgary.

Gaynor
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Hiya,
Thanks to everyone who's given us information.
I think our best bet is living in Lethbridge. The letting agent that was advised, is going to help us, he may even have an acreage available!
We aren't going to buy a property for about a year, maybe the prices will come down by then (hopefully).

Thanks all
Carrie
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:06 pm

Hiya,
Thanks to everyone who's given us information.
I think our best bet is living in Lethbridge. The letting agent that was advised, is going to help us, he may even have an acreage available!
We aren't going to buy a property for about a year, maybe the prices will come down by then (hopefully).

Thanks all
Carrie
carrie

i am glad he could help, he is good at what he does and has been great with us, fingers crossed he gets you what you need

he will also set an account up with avaiable propertys for you when you are ready, fingers crossed for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.