Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Trucking Companies in Alberta

Trucking Companies in Alberta

Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Trucking Companies in Alberta

Decided to visit Albeta so pros and cons of Companies in Alberta?
Is anyone aware of any who are hiring?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trucking Companies in Alberta

Originally Posted by dinger24
Decided to visit Albeta so pros and cons of Companies in Alberta?
Is anyone aware of any who are hiring?
H&R have been recruiting, but you know my experience with them, although it's not to say yours would be the same.

There are loads more haulage companies in AB, but you need to find one who is willing to do the LMO...and you will need your Canadian class1.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes heard of H&R!
I have heard a lot of poor tales, but I am not ruling them out (fully) yet. I actually know a Canadian friend who warned me last year that H&R in Lethbridge did not have a good reputation in Lethbridge! but I cant rule them out yet. This is why I posted n here hoping some one might through up a firm that are good for LMO
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes heard of H&R!
I have heard a lot of poor tales, but I am not ruling them out (fully) yet. I actually know a Canadian friend who warned me last year that H&R in Lethbridge did not have a good reputation in Lethbridge! but I cant rule them out yet. This is why I posted n here hoping some one might through up a firm that are good for LMO
Things is tight all over,Dingy, and bare in mind that in AB the company sponsour your PR application. LMO,s are tough to get at the moment,but i do detect a slight up turn in the trucking industry and i think plans are a foot to change some of the regs regarding immigrant workers.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

I actually wasnt aware that AB sponsor you! (need to read the small print)
Gremmie I just plan on driving around and seeing if anyone is willing to take me on whether that be now or early next year, if I need to go SK then so be it, I am now not giving a toss where I am as long as it doesnt start with U and end in K! I was hoping that someone might throw in a couple of firms names.
I am just throwing the dice and going all out for it.
My wife has never been to Canada before so it will be a great opportunity for her to see the places. I have a friend in Med Hat who is going to get around and ask for me. I am staying in Calgary, then on to Edmonton and stop off on the way to Med Hat and then Lethbridge if there is time left then we will nip through to SK. I dont want to go with H&R but if there is no other offers on the table then they will do for me. I am a bloody good worker and I get the job done, I keep quite and go about my business friendly and diligently all I need is a chance I know that if given it the employer wont regret it!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I actually wasnt aware that AB sponsor you! (need to read the small print)
Gremmie I just plan on driving around and seeing if anyone is willing to take me on whether that be now or early next year, if I need to go SK then so be it, I am now not giving a toss where I am as long as it doesnt start with U and end in K! I was hoping that someone might throw in a couple of firms names.
I am just throwing the dice and going all out for it.
My wife has never been to Canada before so it will be a great opportunity for her to see the places. I have a friend in Med Hat who is going to get around and ask for me. I am staying in Calgary, then on to Edmonton and stop off on the way to Med Hat and then Lethbridge if there is time left then we will nip through to SK. I dont want to go with H&R but if there is no other offers on the table then they will do for me. I am a bloody good worker and I get the job done, I keep quite and go about my business friendly and diligently all I need is a chance I know that if given it the employer wont regret it!
Try this bunch http://www.amta.ca/CRA/Carriers.html
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers mucker
(you know its not true what the rest said about you!)
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers mucker
(you know its not true what the rest said about you!)
Its only two sorry loosers and their meek and mild followers, plus the 100 s of women, and 1000s of road users that are p1ssed at me.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

1000s of women?

Your still on a lot of medication arent you?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

1000s of women?

Your still on a lot of medication arent you?
Obviously not as much as you, I onlt sais 100s of women, not 1000s
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

100's is what your used too I am used to 1000's
I just didnt realise that me being so much younger had so much more!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Yes heard of H&R!
Hi Dinger

Having chatted with some people in town H & R are still recruiting but it does seem that they have waiting list for drivers to start maybe they are stock piling the applicants for an up turn in the economy.

I know that there are some smaller companies like up the Crows nest but beware someone I know went to a company like that and they have had a terrible time with lay offs etc.

Good luck x
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

I was in Lethbridge and happened to stay a couple of nights in a hotel that some of the H&R drivers were staying in. My wife wasnt to keen on the sepertion but then having spoken to some drivers and there wifes she is not wanting me to take that route!
So it is now back to the drawin board (not to good a drawing but I get by ith a crayon or two!)
Thanks for this info anyway, its a pity we could have met up, my Mrs would have liked to have met more expats when we were on our mad rush visit!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

I was in Lethbridge and happened to stay a couple of nights in a hotel that some of the H&R drivers were staying in. My wife wasnt to keen on the sepertion but then having spoken to some drivers and there wifes she is not wanting me to take that route!
So it is now back to the drawin board (not to good a drawing but I get by ith a crayon or two!)
Thanks for this info anyway, its a pity we could have met up, my Mrs would have liked to have met more expats when we were on our mad rush visit!
Eye up mate.. what are your plans now then???
Old Nov 24th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Such a shame that you stayed in that hotel - not saying the separation is easy it isnt I did 6 months without my hubby but sometimes to sit and listen to people who have already started with a company - some of them knowing it all before they have been here not that long - is not a good thing to do. From what I have heard some of the less successful H & R drivers love nothing more than to sit and tell hearsay stories to other people who are looking for work.

That would put alot of people off for sure.

If you dont want to be separated then make sure that you are all or nearly sold up and then get a job - the two should tie together. In the meantime I would encourage you to research areas thoroughly and even plan another visit before making your final choice of area/employer.

I know quite a few drivers in town who work for different firms including H & R my opinion is that if you are willing to do an honest day work then you will be ok but if you want to challenge them and get bolshy then you are not going to fit in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.