Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Trucking in Canada, pay per hour or per mile?

Trucking in Canada, pay per hour or per mile?

Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all
Default Re: Trucking in Canada, pay per hour or per mile?

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Most companies here expect a modicum of intelligence..... you just failed
If your smartarse response has given you a giggle, that's good...simple things please simple minds I suppose

Last edited by Gazman; Jan 8th 2013 at 7:51 am.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Mick, what problems did your mate have at First Continental ?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by neilg14
Mick, what problems did your mate have at First Continental ?
He says they ran him into the ground, 1000 mile days, running bent etc, I usually don't post heresay so obviously might not be 100%, do you know different?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Mick, no, don't know anything about them, just see them advertising on kijiji all the time.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazman
If your smartarse response has given you a giggle, that's good...simple things please simple minds I suppose
I should give up and stay put , 5 mins here and you'll be out of your depth my friend . Try again when you know what your after and have the knowledge to obtain it .
Oh yeah , it was a giggle . HTH
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Gazman: take no notice of the insults. If you want to come out, do it. It's not rocket science & you can change companies once you're out here.

Just be prepared to work & don't agree to something at the interview you're not prepared to do.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Gazman: take no notice of the insults. If you want to come out, do it. It's not rocket science & you can change companies once you're out here.

Just be prepared to work & don't agree to something at the interview you're not prepared to do.
If that comment is pointed in my direction you're wasting your time .
The guy quite obviously hasn't got a clue , so far we've saved him from Prince Rupert (the capital of SFA), explained what a dispatcher is ,and my last post was an attempt to save him from himself . Not what he wanted to hear probably , but what he needed to hear because I think it might be rocket science to some .
Old Jan 12th 2013, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazman
yes my smartarse did give me a giggle and your simple mind is one of the simple things that pleases me.
FYI you are a total non starter for Canada, you might come over here and get a job but wont last more than a year at the most. Seen and heard to many like you......
Old Jan 13th 2013, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I don't see a problem with his attitude , At least he as the gumption to come on here and ask some questions , Just because he answered some of you back , he instantly gets the cold shoulder and told he wouldn't last 5 minutes out here .

The Prince Rupert comment was probably made without really looking where the place is , Jeez I nearly moved to Moose Jaw till I did some research and came to my senses .
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

garvs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like i have always said there is never a stupid question if you dont know the answer,sometimes we are all a little green.
Looking at the way this thread is leading i can see the way FTTM and Gremmie have reacted you only have to look at how many others have come on these forums with a little attitude and i suppose they get a little pissed off by it which is only to be expected.
Going back to the original title, pay per mile and sitting unpaid etc, unless your paid for every hour which doesnt happen on long haul you will be sitting not getting paid at some point whether it will be for a couple of hours until hourly pay kicks in or till a lay over kicks in.I thought i could handle this and most of the time i could but believe me there were times i wanted to drive the truck through the Despatch Window.Now as i was told you will never change the way the Hauliers operate over there, many have tried and returned aggrieved but still the industry stays the same.What you can do is find the better operators which look after you better.