British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Trucking canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/trucking-canada-877584/)

Big gc May 17th 2016 9:17 am

Trucking canada

Has anyone ever or know anyone that drives for agritel. Are they a good firm to work for ?
Any info would be great.

jamesmc May 26th 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Trucking canada

yes and if you are single and don't mind living in the cab and do as you are told. remember this is allegedly. but it is a way in to Canada and being mb ..6 months working and then apply for mpnp.

Juggernaut1064 May 26th 2016 5:54 pm

Yep bite the bullet, once you are a resident you can work for who ever you choose.

bigredal May 29th 2016 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Big gc (Post 11950017)
Has anyone ever or know anyone that drives for agritel. Are they a good firm to work for ?
Any info would be great.

agritel is hiring? that is strange :confused:

Gremmie Jul 3rd 2016 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Big gc (Post 11950017)
Any info would be great.

Dont bother with them, their recruiter used to be on here too,, he got shown the door

bigredal Jul 3rd 2016 7:24 pm

May i ask why?

Gremmie Jul 3rd 2016 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by bigredal (Post 11992727)
May i ask why?

Why what ??? The recruiter was shown the door because its against site rules

bigredal Jul 3rd 2016 7:36 pm

I understand about the job, didnt know that its against site rules.

You know that is not me who opened the thread, i just surprised that agritel is hiring.

Juggernaut1064 Jul 5th 2016 9:42 pm

im a recruiter and the mods know it and havent removed me ????

Gremmie Jul 10th 2016 3:05 am

But you dont pimp for workers on here

neilcumming Jul 10th 2016 5:24 pm

Agritel pay is not the best,rates start at 36c a mile and you get 0.5 c a mile raise every year ,sooo after 10yrs working there you will be on erm 41c !

christmasoompa Jul 10th 2016 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064 (Post 11994836)
im a recruiter and the mods know it and havent removed me ????

No need to. Being a recruiter isn't an issue at all.

Mind you, I don't recall the person Gremmie is talking about, must have been a long time ago so perhaps different rules were in place then.

neilg14 Jul 11th 2016 3:48 pm

There's no badge of honour being a recruiter, their reputations are lower than a snake oil salesman, in haulage.
If they told you the sky was blue, you'd have to look up to check.

Juggernaut1064 Jul 11th 2016 5:19 pm

I know a lot lie but i dont, its my reputation, i let the package speak for itself.
I have taken heat for having empty trucks before i would lie to onboard a driver.
At one point i got to ten empties but i stood my ground with my boss and he agreed we wanted the right people rather than steering wheel attendants, and why ten empty trucks, F**kin international trucks with Maxforce engines use to spend more time in the shop than on the road ! We dont buy them any more lol

flat to the mat Jul 12th 2016 2:40 am

Originally Posted by neilg14 (Post 11999722)
There's no badge of honour being a recruiter, their reputations are lower than a snake oil salesman, in haulage.
If they told you the sky was blue, you'd have to look up to check.

Correct answer Neil , half decent companies don't need them as they'll have drivers knocking on the door , dead mans shoes etc . Those that can't be bothered to knock are the ones hauling vans and bitching at their 35c/mile .