NO LIMA REQUIRED

Old Apr 14th 2016, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute
Default NO LIMA REQUIRED

Hi guys , Gettign set to leave for Manitoba Canada at the start of next month , as i have a ywo year open work visa so do not require a LIMA to work and i am a long haul trucker i want to drive a truck in Canada long haul once i pass my Canadain class one .
My question does any one know any good trucking companeys to work for in the Winnipeg / Steinabch region . I am aware that my previous 10 years trucking in the uk will count for nothing to a Canadian employer and i will be the " green horn " lol . but i would really like any advice . As i do not need a LIMA can perhaps have a slight few more options as regards who to drive for .
Ideally i just want a stable long haul company that does not force or expect drivers to break rules with regards hours of service and safety . would have experience with Reefer or box work and that would let the wife tag along .

take care all .
Old Apr 14th 2016, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NO LIMA REQUIRED

Lots of companies in MB but a really good one that has Brits that i know working for them is Paul Brandt in Morris MB Brandt Trucking
Call them and have a chat with their recruiter.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of companies in MB but a really good one that has Brits that i know working for them is Paul Brandt in Morris MB Brandt Trucking
Call them and have a chat with their recruiter.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute

thats great , thank you for such a quick reply .
Old Apr 15th 2016, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Penner International in Steinbach . Loads of work around Winterpeg ,have a drive along route 90 North and the world's your oyster , Bison , Erb , Manitoulin , TransX if you wear a wrap around stetson , there are loads crying for bums on seats . Best of luck
Old Apr 15th 2016, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Penner don't own any highway long haul trucks, they are all owner operators and brokers.
Jake the recruiter may know an owner looking for a driver but beware of working for owner ops, I got burned for over $3500 by one.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you saying that you definitely have a working visa?
I have been with a small family trucking company based in Landmark between Winnipeg and Steinbach for the last 8yrs.
It is reefer work and we mostly haul down to the Mexico border, Texas Arizona and California but can occasionally haul anywhere in the US or Canada.
The company drivers are issued their own trucks on a strict one driver, one truck policy and a couple of the guys have their wives with them no problem.
Real nice friendly people who own the company and in fact they helped me when I was a company driver but wanted to get my own truck and be an owner operator for them.
They will only be interested in talking to you if you are actually eligible to work in Canada though.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wire
Are you saying that you definitely have a working visa?
I have been with a small family trucking company based in Landmark between Winnipeg and Steinbach for the last 8yrs.
It is reefer work and we mostly haul down to the Mexico border, Texas Arizona and California but can occasionally haul anywhere in the US or Canada.
The company drivers are issued their own trucks on a strict one driver, one truck policy and a couple of the guys have their wives with them no problem.
Real nice friendly people who own the company and in fact they helped me when I was a company driver but wanted to get my own truck and be an owner operator for them.
They will only be interested in talking to you if you are actually eligible to work in Canada though.
Wire, I believe bigreduk has an IEC visa which gives him a 2yr OWP to work in any job, in any company, that he's qualified for.
As he said, no LMIA needed.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Schroeder Freight. They seem rather keen to get more British drivers. You don't have to be very good to become one of their top drivers. Dry freight vans, a lot of peat-moss to Texas. If you need lodgings, just let me know.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoyPrb
Hi,
sorry, I did not follow you with "$3500 got burned".

Thanks
Probably didn't get paid and is owed $3,500.