Trucking in Canada

Old May 24th 2011, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

bicster uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trucking in Canada

Hi all, I was just looking for a bit of advice. Im an experienced C+E driver, 14 years as a driver in the Royal Air Force, and have lots of agency work under my belt driving LGV 1 wagons. Im in the UK (England) and was looking at truck driving work in Canada. It all seems a bit of a minefield when having a look around on Google as I havent got a clue which ones are the reputable companies, im also a bit in the dark on where I would stand in getting permission to legally work in Canada without having to cough up £'s in advance. Any nuggets of information would be greatly received
Old May 24th 2011, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Trucking in Canada

Hello Mate,

Not really a mine field.

Find an area to live
Find a job
Company applies for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO)
LMO is approved (Hopefully) timescales differ province to province
Book your flights (obviously sorting out your personal admin before moving)
Arrive in Canada and apply for your work permit at port of entry ($100 n something bucks??)
Travel to your new home
Start work
Pass your Air Brakes exam (easy)
Pass your driving test (even easier)

And off you go into the big yonder...

x amount of months later apply for PNP

PNP comes through... apply for PR

Get PR

Thats it in a nutshell

It will NOT cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Do it all yourself and dont EVER use an agent.

I have sent you a private message of a company who I wish I had gone to work for who are recruiting now for drivers. The guy I was in touch with is ex-military and was such a great bloke, very very genuine. The work they do would have suited me down to the ground.

Hope that helps

Dave
Old May 25th 2011, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Does sound easy when put like that,it's not difficult otherwise half us idiots wouldn't be here Bit of stress and worry,forget going to Ontario as they're not on the Provincial Nominee Program yet.
Would suggest you come over for a recce before making a decision on where to settle,then move on from there.Have fun.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Tanyamarty is an unknown quantity at this point

Davie_Mac

Sorry to jump onto this post but is there anyway you could PM me details of the company that are currently hiring Truckers.

We want to head to Alberta :-)

we would be very grateful

Thank you

Tanya

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hello Mate,

Not really a mine field.

Find an area to live
Find a job
Company applies for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO)
LMO is approved (Hopefully) timescales differ province to province
Book your flights (obviously sorting out your personal admin before moving)
Arrive in Canada and apply for your work permit at port of entry ($100 n something bucks??)
Travel to your new home
Start work
Pass your Air Brakes exam (easy)
Pass your driving test (even easier)

And off you go into the big yonder...

x amount of months later apply for PNP

PNP comes through... apply for PR

Get PR

Thats it in a nutshell

It will NOT cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Do it all yourself and dont EVER use an agent.

I have sent you a private message of a company who I wish I had gone to work for who are recruiting now for drivers. The guy I was in touch with is ex-military and was such a great bloke, very very genuine. The work they do would have suited me down to the ground.

Hope that helps

Dave
Old May 26th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanyamarty
Davie_Mac

Sorry to jump onto this post but is there anyway you could PM me details of the company that are currently hiring Truckers.

We want to head to Alberta :-)

we would be very grateful

Thank you

Tanya
Davie now lives in Iraq, but your friend google (alberta trucking companies About 319,000 results (0.18 seconds) will help you find companies in Alberta dead easy.. http://www.amta.ca/CRA/CarrierGuide/...alFreight.html
http://www.canadatransportation.com/...panies_AwA.htm
http://www.fleetdirectory.com/ByLoca...da/Alberta.htm
http://www.canadiantruckers.com/abhiring.html
Write phone email to your hearts content

Last edited by Gremmie; May 26th 2011 at 8:57 pm.
Old May 27th 2011, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Davie now lives in Iraq
Only for 12 weeks at a time then Im home for 4.....

9 weeks to push on this rotation... only 49oC today..............

---------------

Gremmies links are prob the best route to take as there is a wealth of companies and info contained within them.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Only for 12 weeks at a time then Im home for 4.....

9 weeks to push on this rotation... only 49oC today..............

---------------

Gremmies links are prob the best route to take as there is a wealth of companies and info contained within them.
now that's a job i wouldn't mind
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

You best read my other post!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
You best read my other post!
Which one,,, you have 64 other ones
Old Jun 6th 2011, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

stetoppo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, sorry for jumping on this thread but i'm new to all of this lol. My question is this, does anyone have the name of a trucking company who will take on a uk driver ( 23 yrs exp), and also what i would need to bring with me ie documentation. i would like to move over asap and as cheaply as possible, next question is this, where is the best place to move to? this is also entirely based on getting an offer of work, if any one can help me out this would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Which one,,, you have 64 other ones
Lol-very astute Gremmie-the one that will get so many responses and know it all accusations!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
Lol-very astute Gremmie-the one that will get so many responses and know it all accusations!!!!
Well we certainly filled your wishes then You got more flack for that 1 post than RAF in the Battle of Britain
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Well we certainly filled your wishes then You got more flack for that 1 post than RAF in the Battle of Britain
Yeah,you got that right-wolf pack took the bone,lol

Time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is,if they dare-as the saying goes "talk's cheap and whiskey costs money"
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Davie now lives in Iraq, but your friend google (alberta trucking companies About 319,000 results (0.18 seconds) will help you find companies in Alberta dead easy.. http://www.amta.ca/CRA/CarrierGuide/...alFreight.html
http://www.canadatransportation.com/...panies_AwA.htm
http://www.fleetdirectory.com/ByLoca...da/Alberta.htm
http://www.canadiantruckers.com/abhiring.html
Write phone email to your hearts content
http://www.westcanbulk.ca/

They got LMOs here!
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Pie 8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone Brit drivin in USA looking to move and work in Alberta or bc whotts the crack on paper work anyone no thanks