TRUCKERS W.A.Gs

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRUCKERS W.A.Gs

Hi to all you truckers wives and girlfriends, and any other partners of truckers. My husband has a job interview with H and R Trasnsport in September and i have to admit since telling me a couple of days ago my butterflies have been horrendous. suddenly now im worried about taking my kids away from my parents as they are very close to them. we even live on the same street, which to be honest isnt that great. i have no real problem moving away but i know my mother will be crushed. anyone got any advice or words of comfort.
Also what do you all do for 10/12 days at a time. i have 3 kids ages 3, 9 and 11 so i will probably be quite busy with them, but what do you do on an evening. i dont mind my own company to a certain degree, but i think i will eventually get bored of myself. do any of you live in same area and get together, just wondered. anyone shed some light on it for me.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice
Default Re: TRUCKERS W.A.Gs

God, i'd love my husband to be away for 10-12 days at a time.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Batfink
God, i'd love my husband to be away for 10-12 days at a time.
well at home here in uk is one thing, especially in summer when everyone on the street has there doors open and pottering round in the garden chatting and having a quick drinki poos. but dont know if it would be the same in a place where i dont know anyone at all.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

am more than prepared to give it a try though, more than happy to make new mates and have people round and do the whole bit.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

But you would get to know people and you're more likely to make the effort if hubby is away and you're all on your todd! Just picture it now - middle of summer, sat in the garden of your mansion with a swimming pool (indoor and out!!!). Over the fence are your lovely new neighbours (who have a very hunky gardener!!) You invite them over for a BBQ and drinkies! They invite their friends (whom in turn invite their hunky gardeners!!!) and before you know it - you have your very own social circle (and many, many hunky gardeners!!!) what more could you ask for.

Me thinks i have been watching too much TV? But still a nice fantasy, yes?

I'm sure you'll be fine - it'll be an adventure
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

But you would get to know people and you're more likely to make the effort if hubby is away and you're all on your todd! Just picture it now - middle of summer, sat in the garden of your mansion with a swimming pool (indoor and out!!!). Over the fence are your lovely new neighbours (who have a very hunky gardener!!) You invite them over for a BBQ and drinkies! They invite their friends (whom in turn invite their hunky gardeners!!!) and before you know it - you have your very own social circle (and many, many hunky gardeners!!!) what more could you ask for.

if thats anything to go by im absolutely sure i will be fine. but in all seriousness (i know im sorry to be boring) but what do the trucker WAGs do. ive got the kids but on the other hand with having kids that will restrict me as far as what i can do. would be nice to hear from any of you that have done it or are doing it.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

As an ex-Army wife the only advice i can give you is to just live your life as normal. You'll be busy with the kids anyway, school runs, after school clubs etc - it'll be a great way to meet other mums etc. Sorry, am probably not much help but it really is not as bad as it sounds (you never know you may end up looking forward to the next trip away!!!)
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Like I've said, Contact Michelle through Jmmy or I can send you her personal email address. Shes been living it up as a Truckers WAG for 2 years and shes loving it. She does lots while Jimmy is away and sometimes finds things restricted when he's home.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Florence is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, God I don't know how he's going to manage without me for 12 days,never mind the other way around!!! Only joking, Loafy's wife i am for my sins. I have been thinking about what i will do. no work for 6 months (so sad) so i thought i might try a bit of studying as long as it fits in with my daughter,or maybe some volunteer work.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:04 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

My bags are packed you've convinced me.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Florence
Hi all, God I don't know how he's going to manage without me for 12 days,never mind the other way around!!! Only joking, Loafy's wife i am for my sins. I have been thinking about what i will do. no work for 6 months (so sad) so i thought i might try a bit of studying as long as it fits in with my daughter,or maybe some volunteer work.
Hey Flo - welcome to the site. Nice to see that Loafy has finally got you on here. I'll send those pics soon, just having problems with my computer at the minute.

Karla x x x x
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know my house will smell better with Simon being away for days at a time
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Florence is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: TRUCKERS W.A.Gs

Hi Karla, looking forward to seeing pics. Had a long day in work today (angel of death visiting a lot lately). Loads of new posts on wages forum took me a while to get through them.Hope Silent hears something soon.Lovely couple. Easy to talk to,I like that. Anyways must go and sort dogs b4 naughty eats all the shoes!!

Floss
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:38 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, I've only just found this thread so sorry if I am late posting.

I love the thought that I'm going to be a WAG Mal (Flying-welshman) has a job with Yanke in Regina (I know loafy was going to go there originally) He is flying on Saturday and I'm going on 8th, I 'm still working my notice.

I am very sad at not being able to work for 6 months (not) but I am sure that I will find something to keep me occupied for that time, even if is only chatting on BE

Problems at the moment, where to find rental accomodation that'll take our dog - I am lucky that he can stay with my duaghter for a while, but he's a Bichon Frise so bloody high maintenance with his grooming and cost for clipping etc so I don't want to leave him too long.

I hope someone comes back to me but if not take care and good luck to all the WAGs
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Hello, I've only just found this thread so sorry if I am late posting.

I love the thought that I'm going to be a WAG Mal (Flying-welshman) has a job with Yanke in Regina (I know loafy was going to go there originally) He is flying on Saturday and I'm going on 8th, I 'm still working my notice.

I am very sad at not being able to work for 6 months (not) but I am sure that I will find something to keep me occupied for that time, even if is only chatting on BE

Problems at the moment, where to find rental accomodation that'll take our dog - I am lucky that he can stay with my duaghter for a while, but he's a Bichon Frise so bloody high maintenance with his grooming and cost for clipping etc so I don't want to leave him too long.

I hope someone comes back to me but if not take care and good luck to all the WAGs
Dont know if this helps but talked to a truckers wife whilst in lethbridge and she is working (classed as voluntary), Companys are that desperate they will bank your hours whilst permanant residency comes through, You are not supposed to work, And another who is doing child minding for cash in hand as there isnt enough kindergarten places,

mick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.